The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

If you have to do something...

Shave #3 (650 Open Blade Shaves) of 2023:

Gear: Colonial “Armored” Brass General, Feather Pro blade, Stirling 2-band synth brush, Soapy Science Lollipop Citrus soap, homemade witch hazel/aloe, Nivea Sensitive AS Balm, Pitralon Classic AS, and Dior Homme 2020 to finish!

Welp…back to the early wake up and grind today! Kids get back to school as well. Next stop…summer vacation! 😂

Great shave this morning! Reached for a usual combo - woodsy fresh. No complaints here! Pitralon Classic AS + DH ‘20!

Most of the day likely to be spent at the EOL facility. Lots of emails to catch up on as well. Our rain saga continues! A nice smattering last night and a cloudy day ahead. More rain predicted tomorrow! This is very good!

Have a great Tuesday all!

Great shave to get back to work!

I am so glad that your area got rain - PSU was struggling out there on the West Coast - the rain came - they then felt closer to home and then finished off With the win!

Have a fantastic day!

Great shave to get back to work!

I am so glad that your area got rain - PSU was struggling out there on the West Coast - the rain came - they then felt closer to home and then finished off With the win!

Have a fantastic day!
They musta brought it with them…it just had jet lag!

Thanks Brian! 😂

Shave #4 (650 Open Blade Shaves) of 2023:

Gear: Colonial “Armored” Brass General, Feather Pro blade, Yaqi Rainbow w/ pony synth brush, Clown Puke tub soap, homemade witch hazel/aloe, Nivea Sensitive AS Balm, Fine Platinum AS, and Dior Sauvage EDT to finish!

Did indeed end up being a busy day of catch up yesterday, but I was able to catch up all in the one day, which is good!

Great shave this morning! Not a whole lot new to report. Everything worked as expected! Finished loud n proud with Fine Platinum AS and Dior Sauvage EDT, for a smoky, peppery blue vibe. 😎👍

Have our little freak storm rolling in later this morning. Supposed to get a bit crazy with winds and rain. The winds have already picked up overnight. Should make for an interesting day! If things don’t get too exciting, OT workout later tonight!

Have a great Wednesday all!

I’d do a funny gif from Les Mis about “A Little Fall of Rain Can Hardly hurt me now” but given that this is CA - I just hope everyone’s homes stay on their foundations.

Hope it isn’t as serious a storm as they are predicting. Have a safe and happy day my friend!

I’d do a funny gif from Les Mis about “A Little Fall of Rain Can Hardly hurt me now” but given that this is CA - I just hope everyone’s homes stay on their foundations.

Hope it isn’t as serious a storm as they are predicting. Have a safe and happy day my friend!
Thanks Brian! We do have some worries locally with our heavy burn areas depending on the level of downpour. Then there’s always the worry of trees falling. Hopefully won’t be too bad!

Have our little freak storm rolling in later this morning. Supposed to get a bit crazy with winds and rain. The winds have already picked up overnight. Should make for an interesting day! If things don’t get too exciting, OT workout later tonight!
I just hope everyone’s homes stay on their foundations.
Really and truly. Hope you have a normal little storm without damage or injury.

Really and truly. Hope you have a normal little storm without damage or injury.
Thanks Bruce!

Some winds have picked up and some good heavy rains on and off so far. Flood warning for a couple nearby areas…but may kick off more fully later tonight. We’ll see!

Shave #5 (650 Open Blade Shaves) of 2023:

Gear: Colonial “Armored” Brass General, Feather Pro blade, Yaqi Sagrada Familia synth brush, Soapy Science Lollipop Citrus soap, homemade witch hazel/aloe, Nivea Sensitive AS Balm, Lucky Tiger AS, and Bvlgari L’Gemme Tygar to finish!

Welp…still here! The storm came in fairly hot n heavy a good chuck of the late evening through late night. Not the worst we’ve seen as far as winds, but an impressive amount of rain for sure. Seems to kind have fizzled early morning through now. Doesn’t look like it’s going to work itself back up, though rain and cloud coverage is still on the extended forecast. The dogs were sure fed up with it…gingerly stepping around the newly formed lake in the yard for their morning oblations 😂

Great shaves continue this morning. Went a more citrusy approach for the scent choices. Some very pleasing Luck Tiger AS followed up with the last of my Tygar sample. Grapefruity!

Should be a lighter workload today. Some meetings and home visits ahead.

Have a great Thursday all!

Glad everyone is good to go! I tell you - while being able to play beach volleyball all year round and surf - there are a few balances to that - like getting washed away from a rain storm and earthquakes pushing you into the sea. But I’d take it!

Have a fantastic day!

Glad everyone is good to go! I tell you - while being able to play beach volleyball all year round and surf - there are a few balances to that - like getting washed away from a rain storm and earthquakes pushing you into the sea. But I’d take it!

Have a fantastic day!
When I think of Brian, I totally think beach volleyball. Amirte? Like Top Gun with the sunglasses and jeans.

Have a fantastic day!
Ugh, that reminds me…indoor is starting soon for the older two. And the missus’ last semester for her Masters begins next week. Gonna be a busy ramp up to summer 😵
When I think of Brian, I totally think beach volleyball. Amirte? Like Top Gun with the sunglasses and jeans.
Top Gun was basically a biography of my life - thank goodness they picked such a good doppelgänger like Tom Cruise to play me.
I can totally see that connection! 🫣

Shave #6 (650 Open Blade Shaves) of 2023:

Gear: Colonial “Armored” Brass General, Feather Pro blade, Trotter Handcrafts Taurus A brush, Clown Puke tub soap, homemade witch hazel/aloe, Nivea Sensitive AS Balm, Fine Platinum AS, and Fine Platinum EDT + Creed Aventus to finish!

Not too bad a day yesterday. Hopefully the same today.

Closing out the work week strong. Felt like an Aventus type day…so I ran with that! Great 3 pass shave. Finished up with the duo of Aventus clone post shave juices, followed up by some spritzes of the real stuff to augment. Smelling pretty damn good!

At the EOL facility for at least a half day today if not longer. Other than that, we’ll see! Really glad for the short week and look forward to the weekend.

Happy Friday all!

Back