The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

If you have to do something...

Have a great one Chris. Also, don't get so busy that you don't take some time to relax!

giphy-downsized.gif
Thanks Mark! I always make efforts for ”me” time! 😂
I’m no complaining! My dogs might be though! 😂
F21E64AB-B544-42D3-B5FF-63A8CB233EF8.gif

Shave #363 (650 Open Blade Shaves) of 2022:

Gear: Schick Adjustable M injector, Trac II blade, Yaqi Moka synth brush, Soapy Science Lollipop Citrus soap, homemade witch hazel/aloe, Nivea Sensitive AS Balm, Skin Bracer AS, and Dior Homme Sport ‘19 to finish!

Tough workout last night! It was “Orange Everest” day on the treads; in other words, steady incline up, increasing hill each minute while trying to maintain as much speed as possible, up to the max 15 setting, then back down the hill in increments of 2 each minute while ramping up the speed again…phew! Beat my last record, so that’s good!

Great shave this morning! Some powdery fresh citruses on the menu. The injector will probably be my “old man” shaver, right next to the Tech…so easy to use and such a great result! Finished up with Skin Bracer AS and then some generous spritzes of the sophisticated but sporty ginger/grapefruit of DHS ‘19.

IDT meeting this morning, followed by another mandatory…then some visits! Supposed to rain a bit today as well. Should be good!

Have a great Thursday all!

Shave #364 (650 Open Blade Shaves) of 2022:

Gear: Schick Adjustable M injector, Trac II blade, Trotter Handcrafts Taurus A brush, Clown Puke tub soap, homemade witch hazel/aloe, Nivea Sensitive AS Balm, Proraso Red AS, and Rochas Moustache EDP + D&G The One to finish!

Busy day yesterday, could be another today! Late night yesterday too…we were awoken around 11:30 to a distance rumble and slight shaking of windows as about an hour away at Vandenburg, SpaceX had a launch I guess…crazy!

Great shave this morning. Same razor, different brush and scents of course. Went for vanilla, smoky, amber today with Proraso Red, Moustache EDP, and D&G The One!

Headed out to the EOL facility for visits this morning, maybe some other home visits later.

Unexpectedly found out I get Monday off, for the New Year’s observance! Hurray!

Happy Friday all!

I just caught up on the past two weeks of your posts. Bummed I missed the Astra discussion. I found the blade to be smooth. And, as you said, easy. Glad I missed the disparaging attacks others leveled at the blade. To each their own.

Looks like your rain is going to arrive here in Vegas just in time for new years eve. Only hope it washes the drunks off the streets and keeps the fireworks at a minimum. Have a great weekend my friend.

I just caught up on the past two weeks of your posts. Bummed I missed the Astra discussion. I found the blade to be smooth. And, as you said, easy. Glad I missed the disparaging attacks others leveled at the blade. To each their own.

Looks like your rain is going to arrive here in Vegas just in time for new years eve. Only hope it washes the drunks off the streets and keeps the fireworks at a minimum. Have a great weekend my friend.
Thanks Steven! Enjoy the fresh…er air! 😂

Late night yesterday too…we were awoken around 11:30 to a distance rumble and slight shaking of windows as about an hour away at Vandenburg, SpaceX had a launch I guess…crazy!
That's way cool. Worth losing a bit of sleep over?

Glad I missed the disparaging attacks others leveled at the blade.
Guilty as charged. Nothing personal; I just believe there are better blades out there. YMMV.

Gotta love it when that happens. 😀
Me too! Depending on the email load Tuesday of course 😂
That's way cool. Worth losing a bit of sleep over?

Guilty as charged. Nothing personal; I just believe there are better blades out there. YMMV.
Didn’t get to see it unfortunately, just heard and felt it. Hard to imaging seeing and feeling that up close, when even an hour away we felt/heard the effects we did! Powerful! Science is cool!

Shave #365 (650 Open Blade Shaves) of 2022:

Gear: Colonial “Armored” Brass General, Feather Pro blade, Graydog Art Deco brush, Soapy Science Lollipop Citrus soap, homemade witch hazel/aloe, Nivea Sensitive AS Balm, Fine American Blend AS, and YSL Rive Gauche PH to finish!

Nothing like closing up the old year with a typical Saturday! OK, not entirely typical, but close. 😂 OT workout this morning followed by breakfast out at a favorite local bakery/brunch spot. Then back home to clean up and get chores out of the way.

Most excellent shave and cleanup today between laundry loads. Put the M adjustable injector back in its home slot and pulled forth the “Armored” Brass General! Superb shave right off that bay, as this Cadillac of an AC SE easily tames the hyper-sharpness of a fresh Feather Pro. Excellent sweet candy-esque citrus lather whipped up by the Graydog. Finished up with Fine AB AS and a refreshing fougere barbershop cloud of OG Rive Gauche. Definitely one of the best scent profiles ever gifted by the fragrance gods to mortal men.

As chores finish up, looking forward to a chill afternoon/evening with family. Fun finger foods to fill bellies and likely some tabletop games while movies play in the background. May try our first DnD campaign all together later as well (one of the kids’ collective gifts was a starter edition pack).

Out with the old, in with the new! Happy Saturday and Happy New Year all!

Shave #1 (650 Open Blade Shaves) of 2022:

Gear: Colonial “Armored” Brass General, Feather Pro blade, Trotter Handcrafts Taurus A brush, Clown Puke tub soap, homemade witch hazel/aloe, Nivea Sensitive AS Balm, Proraso Red AS, and Tom Ford Oud Minerale to finish!

Hello New Year! Easy morning…got to sleep in (almost 9 hours! Unheard of!) after staying up for the ball drop. Tried to watch the Disney New Years online but they ended up setting off the fireworks early, so we missed the excitement. Breakfast and coffee out this morning with the missus. Should be a nice, cozy day inside, as it’s not raining and somewhat sunny but very windy/blustery outside. Should see more rain tomorrow.

Great shave to usher in the year. Same razor, but switched up the scents to rich, dry, woody-oceanic. Topped off with another excellent frag - TF Oud Minerale!

Will be continuing our dive into DnD later this evening. Kinda mind boggling up front, we’ve made our share of mistakes and had to simplify some. But the kids seem to be getting into it at least, which was the hope. Hopefully that sticks around a while!

Hope you all have a great New Years Day!

Shave #2 (650 Open Blade Shaves) of 2023:

Gear: Colonial “Armored” Brass General, Feather Pro blade, Yaqi Rainbow w/ pony synth brush, Clown Puke tub soap, homemade witch hazel/aloe, Nivea Sensitive AS Balm, Fine Platinum AS, and Dior Homme Parfum to finish!

Another lazy wake up!

Great shave to kick start the late morning. Doing a pretty good job with my current soaps I’m about 60ish% on both the Lollipop Citrus and the Clown Puke tub! I seriously don’t know how people can only get a month’s worth of shaves off a puck…these two have lasted me many months so far! Went with darker powerhouse scents today. Finished with some Fine Platinum AS and DHP!

Some more rain should roll in this afternoon. Should be a chill day at home! The best kind of Monday there is I think!

Hope you’re all having a good one too!

Back