The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

If you have to do something...

Shave #348 (648 Open Blade Shaves) of 2022:

Gear: Tedalus Essence, Feather Pro blade, Yaqi Rainbow w/ pony synth brush, Clown Puke tub soap, homemade witch hazel/aloe, Nivea Sensitive AS Balm, Fine Platinum AS, and Rochas Moustache EDP + Dolce & Gabbana The One to finish!

Busy day yesterday indeed. Phew! But overall a pretty good day. Ended with a church leadership meeting over dinner that was nice.

Great shave this morning! Felt like it should be a warm, boozy vanilla day…so I generously spritzed Moustache EDP + The One for excellent effect. Loving it!

Not so busy day today, but still plenty to do. OT workout later tonight.

Hope you all have a great day! It’s Wednesday!

Shave #349 (649 Open Blade Shaves) of 2022:

Gear: Tedalus Essence, Feather Pro blade, Yaqi Moka synth brush, Soapy Science Lollipop Citrus soap, homemade witch hazel/aloe, Nivea Sensitive AS Balm, Lucky Tiger AS, and Bvlgari L’Gemme Tygar to finish!

A bleary eyed Thursday morning for sure. But I’m up!

Great shave this morning. Thankfully no mishaps, despite my half awake status. Solid citruses today for scents. Tygar is a bit on the dark/warm side for a citrus so is appropriate for the colder weather we’ve been having, even as it can be used in warmer days. One more use of this sample and it’ll be gone for good! Still considering a Light Blue for a solid grapefruit in the lineup.

Roughy workout last night, compounded by the fact that after the warmups, I got hit with an unusual dose of headache. Not sure what caused it but it lasted about half of class at least. Then the missus had a late night finishing her last paper for the semester. After this morning Zoom classes, she’ll get a nice couple week break though from those.

IDT meeting this morning and a handful of home visits! Here we go!

Have a great Thursday all!

Shave #350 (650 Open Blade Shaves) of 2022:

Gear: Tedalus Essence, Feather Pro blade, Trotter Handcrafts Taurus A brush, Clown Puke tub soap, homemade witch hazel/aloe, Nivea Sensitive AS Balm, Fine Platinum AS, and Prada L’Homme to finish!

A bit less tired today…probably cause I zonked out somewhat early last night 😂

Great shave this morning to mark my half way point to 700! Smooth sailing, excellent result…and smellin damn good! Mix of Fine Platinum AS and Prada L’Homme to cap the shave.

Last day of school for the kiddos, they’re now going to be on winter break for the next 2 weeks.

Busy day ahead for me as I chug ahead, trying to keep up with admits and maintain the patient base I already have. Definitely ready for some weekend!

Have a great Friday all!

Shave #351 (650 Open Blade Shaves) of 2022:

Gear: RazoRock Game Changer .68 SB, Astra SP blade, Spartan Burl brush, Soapy Science Lollipop Citrus soap, homemade witch hazel/aloe, Nivea Sensitive AS Balm, Skin Bracer AS, and Dior Sauvage Elixir to finish!

Typical morning with OT workout, coffee, and baked goods. Then out to for, what was hopefully, the last of the Christmas shopping. Then back home to get some chores banged out before a night out with the missus.

Great shave this afternoon as I switched to the GC .68 for a 50 shave break before reaching for the 700 open blade shave mark. Superb results and an Uber easy shave. Powerhouse combos to finish it up - Skin Bracer AS and several spritzes of the atomic Sauvage Elixir!

Swapping laundry loads then headed out for most of the evening. First is a snack and drink with some newer friends, then stopping by the OT area Christmas shindig on the way to my work’s Christmas party for the rest of the time. Busy night…but should be some semi-decent drinks and free food!

Hope you’re all having a great Saturday too!

Shave #352 (650 Open Blade Shaves) of 2022:

Gear: RazoRock Game Changer .68 SB, Astra SP blade, Graydog Art Deco brush, Clown Puke tub soap, homemade witch hazel/aloe, Nivea Sensitive AS Balm, WSP Mahogany AS, and Tom Ford Oud Wood to finish!

Great night party hopping. Spent just long enough at each for it not to become too much for me. And, as you may have seen in the “What’s New to You - Speakeasy’s Edition”, going to the work party nabbed me a basket of whiskeys…so worth it! Some solid bottom shelfers in there, but that’s OK! It just increased my whiskey stock +400% 😂

It’s got some Bulleit, Jameson Irish, Trader Joe’s Scotch, and Meiakuna Japanese Blended. None of which I’ve really tried.

023D1338-A31C-47BA-AD41-0FD23770C596.jpeg

Great shave this morning as we get moving for church. 3 quick and smooth passes over a perfect clown puke tub lather. Generous splash of WSP Mahogany AS for a smokey, vintage wood scent…then a few spritzes of TF Oud Wood to bring it home! So good!

Have to finish up the chores we put off yesterday, mostly a few loads of laundry and the grocery shopping. Then, who knows?

Hope you all have a blessed Sunday!

Back