The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

If you have to do something...

Shave #342 (642 Open Blade Shaves) of 2022:

Gear: Feather Folding SS, Feather Pro blade, RR Big Bruce synth brush, Soapy Science Lollipop Citrus soap, homemade witch hazel/aloe, Nivea Sensitive AS Balm, Pitralon Classic AS, and Dior Homme ‘20 to finish!

Rough workout last night. About half way through I just felt 💩ped. Pretty tired this morning.

Good shave though to help get me movin a bit. Blade is still a little rough..:but should be good enough for tomorrow. Went clean, woodsy, fresh again with Pitralon Classic and DH ‘20!

Happy Friday eve! Have a good one!

My motto is that to avoid the post-workout exhaustion is not to work out. 😂

giphy.gif

Shave #343 (643 Open Blade Shaves) of 2022:

Gear: Feather Folding SS, Feather Pro blade, Stirling 2-band synth brush, Clown Puke tub soap, homemade witch hazel/aloe, Nivea Sensitive AS Balm, Fine Platinum AS, and Dior Sauvage EDT to finish!

My friends…we’ve almost made it! Just one more hill to storm, once more into the breach. It’s Friday!

Good follow up shave to yesterday’s. Things went a little more smoothly. Decided to tackle the day, scent-wise, and use some bangers - Fine Platinum AS + Sauvage EDT. Boom!

Busy day ahead. Some time at the EOL facility, missus heads out for one night to speak at a conference in Sactown, dentist appointment for me, then rush to exchange the older boys’ school packs for overnight bags as they head out for their youth group winter camp for the weekend. Then it’s me and the youngest having a bachelor evening.

That’s our action plan lads. Chaaaarge!

Shave #343 (643 Open Blade Shaves) of 2022:

Gear: Feather Folding SS, Feather Pro blade, Stirling 2-band synth brush, Clown Puke tub soap, homemade witch hazel/aloe, Nivea Sensitive AS Balm, Fine Platinum AS, and Dior Sauvage EDT to finish!

My friends…we’ve almost made it! Just one more hill to storm, once more into the breach. It’s Friday!

Good follow up shave to yesterday’s. Things went a little more smoothly. Decided to tackle the day, scent-wise, and use some bangers - Fine Platinum AS + Sauvage EDT. Boom!

Busy day ahead. Some time at the EOL facility, missus heads out for one night to speak at a conference in Sactown, dentist appointment for me, then rush to exchange the older boys’ school packs for overnight bags as they head out for their youth group winter camp for the weekend. Then it’s me and the youngest having a bachelor evening.

That’s our action plan lads. Chaaaarge!
‘God for Harry, England, and Saint George!’

T

Shakespeare King Henry V

Shave #344 (644 Open Blade Shaves) of 2022:

Gear: Convex honed GD66, Graydog Art Deco brush, Soapy Science Lollipop Citrus soap, homemade witch hazel/aloe, Nivea Sensitive AS Balm, Fine American Blend AS, and vintage YSL Rive Gauche Pour Homme to finish!

Typical Saturday in progress for the most part…sans two children at camp and then the missies gets home this afternoon.

Great clean up shave between laundry loads. GD was a smooth sailing champ up until the final ATG pass, then puttered a bit in the difficulty areas. I’ve yet to try a cold water shave with it…maybe tomorrow. A little extra refresh and hopefully it’ll knock all 3 passes out of the park this time. Finished strong with my all time fav scent…vintage YSL Rive Gauche! 🐐

Hope you’re all having a great Saturday!

Shave #345 (645 Open Blade Shaves) of 2022:

Gear: Convex honed GD66, Graydog Art Deco brush, Clown Puke tub soap, homemade witch hazel/aloe, Nivea Sensitive AS Balm, Fine Platinum AS, and Dior Homme Parfum to finish!

Last day of weekend freedom! We’ve had some great rains Roll through over the last day. Possibly more later and some tomorrow.

Great shave this morning. Just one decapitated pimple that chose violence and has been a bit of a bleeder…punk. Finished up strong with Fine Platinum and DHP (just 1.5 spritzes to the chest)! The game scent is strong with this one!

The older two return from camp this afternoon. Some grocery shopping to do. Hopefully there’ll be some time for some DMZ play in COD MW2 later.

Hope you all have a blessed Sunday.

Back