The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

If you have to do something...

Shave #355 (650 Open Blade Shaves) of 2022:

Gear: RazoRock Game Changer .68 SB, Astra SP blade, Stirling 2-band synth brush, Soapy Science Lollipop Citrus soap, homemade witch hazel/aloe, Nivea Sensitive AS Balm, Mandom AS, and Acqua Di Parma Colonia Intensa to finish!

Another busy day yesterday after all. Finished with a great workout; the last two I’ve been kinda off my game but yesterday I hit a good stride and was able to push myself.

Great shave this morning! Guess what Bruce…same Astra SP I’ve been using since Saturday! Neener neener! Bronsoned it for the finish with some Mandom AS, then took it to Italy with ADP Colonia Intensa! Yum!

IDT meeting this morning, then some home visits. Another 2 shifts to get through, then the Christmas weekend begins! We’re probably going to celebrate our family home Christmas either tomorrow evening or Friday morning before we go. Less presents to haul on the road trip!

Have a great Wednesday all!

Shave #356 (650 Open Blade Shaves) of 2022:

Gear: RazoRock Game Changer .68 SB, Astra SP blade, Yaqi Sagrada Familia synth brush, Soapy Science Lollipop Citrus soap, homemade witch hazel/aloe, Nivea Sensitive AS Balm, CBL Barba AST, and Chanel Bleu De Chanel EDP to finish!

Not too bad of a day yesterday. Ended with a nice relaxing evening and catching up a bit on the Willow series.

Great shave this morning. Brian’s use of BDC Parfum yesterday had no small inspiration on today’s scent choices. A new, great combo was found! CBL Barba AST + BDC EDP is excellent!

Today’s the day! Gotta wrap things up at work for the long weekend. Not looking forward to the long drive to the hometown tomorrow…but it’ll be worth it. Our family Christmas will be this evening, since tomorrow we’ll be trying to get out the door at a reasonable time.

Have a great Thursday all!

Shave #357 (650 Open Blade Shaves) of 2022:

Gear: RazoRock Game Changer .68 SB, Astra SP blade, Yaqi Moka synth brush, Soapy Science Lollipop Citrus soap, homemade witch hazel/aloe, Nivea Sensitive AS Balm, Barbasol Pacific Rush AS, and Dior Sauvage EDT to finish!

Nice sleep in (though I probably stayed up too late playing the new God of War lol) and a chill morning so far as we get things ready for the little trip. Holiday excitement is in the air! Too bad they haven’t invented Transporters yet for instantaneous travel though…

Needed more blue today!
CC3165C6-F289-4B83-9DBD-5442E9BEAC4C.gif
So Sauvage EDT was on the menu! Nice citrus shave a la Soapy Science, followed up with Barbasol PR and a healthy dousing of Sauvage. Smelling out of this world good!

Hope you all have a great Friday!

Shave #358 (650 Open Blade Shaves) of 2022:

Gear: Gillette Prewar Tech, Astra SP blade, Stirling 2-band synth brush, Clown Puke tub soap, homemade witch hazel/aloe, Nivea Sensitive AS Balm, Fine Platinum AS, and Tom Ford Oud Wood to finish!

Safe travels to the in-laws’. Great mish mash of food last night…from fried rice to sushi to charcuterie, lol. Decent nights rest with no alarm clock to wake me up…what could be better?

Great shave this morning as I find myself in the lands of soft water. Brought the prewar Tech along for the trip, fresh Astra SP to pop in. 3 easy peasy passes over a luxurious clown puke lather. Finished up with Fine Platinum AS and some healthy spritzes of TF Oud Wood! So good!

Hanging out this morning. Later this afternoon we go to my parents’ for the evening and 2nd Christmas.

Have a great Saturday all!

Not so raw and fresh it slaps back huh? 😂
Or give me hepatitis. I know the odds of that are slim, but when I was 12 my Dad got a bad case from raw oysters he'd slurped down. He and my Mom could eat those by the plateful, but I don't care for them. Just the memory of how sick he was is enough for me to turn sushi down. YMMV :)

Shave #359 (650 Open Blade Shaves) of 2022:

Gear: Gillette Prewar Tech, Astra SP blade, Stirling 2-band synth brush, Clown Puke tub soap, homemade witch hazel/aloe, Nivea Sensitive AS Balm, Fine Platinum AS, and Tom Ford Oud Wood to finish!

An excellent 2nd Christmas yesterday with my family and a Christmas Eve service. The folks, instead of cooking, had some really good catered Mexican food for noshing.

Same shave and frags as yesterday for Christmas morning clean up. So good though!

Nice sleep in. 3rd Christmas today, with the in-laws and wife’s family.

Merry Christmas to all! May your day be blessed with many good thing.

Back