The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

If you have to do something...

Shave #353 (650 Open Blade Shaves) of 2022:

Gear: RazoRock Game Changer .68 SB, Astra SP blade, Yaqi Rainbow w/ pony synth brush, Clown Puke tub soap, homemade witch hazel/aloe, Nivea Sensitive AS Balm, Pitralon Classic AS, and Dior Homme 2020 to finish!

Ah, Monday, useless Monday. Especially before a major holiday 😂

It did provide a reason for an excellent shave at least! Not much to report though…everything is of known quality. Finished with Pitralon Classic AS + DH ‘20, FTW!

Kids are out for winter break. Finished up the necessary chores yesterday; also got some wrapping done, so there’s now presents under the tree to keep my Rudolph Buddy’s gift company. Gonna be a likely very busy week of work, even with Friday off…especially because of Friday off!

Hope you all have a great day!

Pitralon there's one you don't see everyday anymore! I still kick myself for not buying a dirt cheap bottle of Raylon when I was in Croatia, apparently they have the original formula on contract.
Monday's aren't useless, they are here to teach the meaning of suck!

View attachment 100826

Since you kicked the Pitralon Classic - Is there the aftershave equivalent of a 3017?

Have a great day!
Good question! I’ve never seen a different term!
Didn't U2 make a song about this back in the early '80s? I think it was "Monday, Useless Monday" :unsure:
It was a lesser known hit 😂
Choose one bottle, use till gone. Repeat as necessary.
😂
Pitralon there's one you don't see everyday anymore! I still kick myself for not buying a dirt cheap bottle of Raylon when I was in Croatia, apparently they have the original formula on contract.
Monday's aren't useless, they are here to teach the meaning of suck!
Kick yourself for me too. 😜😂

Shave #354 (650 Open Blade Shaves) of 2022:

Gear: RazoRock Game Changer .68 SB, Astra SP blade, Trotter Handcrafts Taurus A brush, Clown Puke tub soap, homemade witch hazel/aloe, Nivea Sensitive AS Balm, Fine Platinum AS, and Fine Platinum EDT + Creed Aventus to finish!

Man, busy day yesterday indeed! Sadly an uptick in admissions seems to be a normal occurrence during the holidays and end of year. New day though now, new opportunities!

Great shave this morning, per usual! Sam’s right, the Astra definitely ain’t the sharpest or smoothest, but it’s a good every day, workhorse blade. Great results and finished up with a round of Aventus inspired and actual Aventus scents. Smelling grand! My $0.02 though…if you have the opportunity to pick up the real stuff…don’t pick up regular Aventus, pick up Aventus Cologne. The scent profile is much better than the current formulation of the regular.

A day at the EOL facility today. An OT workout planned for later today, to preemptively burn off some holiday eating calories.

Have a great Tuesday all!

View attachment 100904

In all seriousness Chris - it takes a special person to do what you do and I thank you for your service In that arena. And I am sure it is of great comfort to those and their families!
Thanks Brian!
Do you even know where he lives????
But do you know where I live in the bounds of where I live? 😂
Are you suggesting that he is taking his clients surfing as a coping mechanism? Gear comforting his people:

View attachment 100909
We need medical bed surfboards…it’s the next million dollar idea!

Back