The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

If you have to do something...

:: packs this away for later ::
Tether this with the Son getting married meme that he laughed at - and I think you’ll be getting a nice bottle of 25 year old scotch and me the Swiss Blutt Rasur BR-1 that I wanted for Christmas…..

Of course it could backfire and Gear ends up sleeping on your couch for the week.

Last edited:
Shave #335 (635 Open Blade Shaves) of 2022:

Gear: Tedalus Essence, Feather Pro blade, Yaqi Moka synth brush, Soapy Science Lollipop Citrus soap, homemade witch hazel/aloe, Nivea Sensitive AS Balm, 4711 AS, and Dior Homme Sport ‘19 to finish!

Workout last night was rough! Unbeknownst to me until I got there, it was one of the monthly Aoki themed days…and generally special days or workouts mean a bit higher difficulty. Phew! But I survived.

Good shave this morning. Blade was a little iffy. Overall decent result though! Finished up with a nice gingery citrus vibe with 4711 AS + DHS ‘19.

Had some rain arrive overnight, which is great! Should be some more later and possibly Sat/Sun if we’re lucky. Otherwise, IDT meeting this morning. Some visits and a training to get through.

Have a great Thursday all!

Shave #335 (635 Open Blade Shaves) of 2022:

Gear: Tedalus Essence, Feather Pro blade, Yaqi Moka synth brush, Soapy Science Lollipop Citrus soap, homemade witch hazel/aloe, Nivea Sensitive AS Balm, 4711 AS, and Dior Homme Sport ‘19 to finish!

Workout last night was rough! Unbeknownst to me until I got there, it was one of the monthly Aoki themed days…and generally special days or workouts mean a bit higher difficulty. Phew! But I survived.

Good shave this morning. Blade was a little iffy. Overall decent result though! Finished up with a nice gingery citrus vibe with 4711 AS + DHS ‘19.

Had some rain arrive overnight, which is great! Should be some more later and possibly Sat/Sun if we’re lucky. Otherwise, IDT meeting this morning. Some visits and a training to get through.

Have a great Thursday all!
Get swoll Chris!!! 😁

giphy.gif

I loved the 4711 AS and cologne, but was disappointed in both of their staying power. Great scent, though fleeting.
Agreed, I feel like the cologne at least should stick around for a few hours. Sometimes it does if I douse myself with spritzes. I guess it’s good though in the sense that you can reapply later or wear something else.

Shave #336 (636 Open Blade Shaves) of 2022:

Gear: Tedalus Essence, Feather Pro blade, RR Big Bruce synth brush, Clown Puke tub soap, homemade witch hazel/aloe, Nivea Sensitive AS Balm, Fine Platinum AS, and D&G The One + Rochas Moustache EDP to finish!

We’ve almost made it friends! It’s Friday!

Bit of a better shave than yesterday but the blade still felt uncomfortable some on the ATG…so it gets binned. Everything else was fine. Finished up with some darker, warmer scents - Fine Platinum AS + The One + Moustache EDP. Very nice 😎👍

Half day at least to be spent at the EOL facility…then we’ll see!

Hope you all have a great Friday!

Shave #336 (636 Open Blade Shaves) of 2022:

Gear: Tedalus Essence, Feather Pro blade, RR Big Bruce synth brush, Clown Puke tub soap, homemade witch hazel/aloe, Nivea Sensitive AS Balm, Fine Platinum AS, and D&G The One + Rochas Moustache EDP to finish!

We’ve almost made it friends! It’s Friday!

Bit of a better shave than yesterday but the blade still felt uncomfortable some on the ATG…so it gets binned. Everything else was fine. Finished up with some darker, warmer scents - Fine Platinum AS + The One + Moustache EDP. Very nice 😎👍

Half day at least to be spent at the EOL facility…then we’ll see!

Hope you all have a great Friday!
It's Friyay!! Woot woot!!!

giphy-downsized.gif

Back