The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

If you have to do something...

Shave #337 (637 Open Blade Shaves) of 2022:

Gear: Feather Folding SS, Feather Pro blade, Trotter Handcrafts Taurus A brush, Clown Puke tub soap, homemade witch hazel/aloe, Nivea Sensitive AS Balm, Lucky Tiger AS, and Guerlain Ideal Cologne to finish!

Semi-typical Saturday in progress! Took a bit later of an OT class this morning and got an extra hour of sleep. That was actually pretty nice! Coffee and baked goods after, followed by some shop cruising. Then back home to begin the obligatory lame adulting stuff.

Great shave this morning. Major switch up alert! No Essence or convex SR shaves today…no sir…today I brought out the OG open blade gansta, semi-forgotten, from out of the dark depths of the den…the Feather Folding SS! Fresh Feather Pro in there and went to town. Dayum what a different shave experience from the Essence! If I had to say…it actually felt a lot like shaving with a regular SR because the forced angle from the lip gives the blade a sub-optimal level, making the blade feel less sharp than it really is. The Essence in comparison is much smoother and with a better cutting angle, giving it a hyper-keen feel. Gave me a couple love taps but overall excellent results. Finished up with the awesome, dry almond hull prominent scent of Guerlain Ideal Cologne!

More laundry to finish…maybe a drink and dessert out with the missus later.

Hope you’re all having a great Saturday!

Shave #338 (638 Open Blade Shaves) of 2022:

Gear: Feather Folding SS, Feather Pro blade, Trotter Handcrafts Taurus A brush, Clown Puke tub soap, homemade witch hazel/aloe, Nivea Sensitive AS Balm, Fine Platinum AS, and Tom Ford Ombré Leather to finish!

Up n at em for church service! Thankfully some of the promised rain has showed up over the last couple of days. This morning there’s a nice, gentle rain keeping up.

Last night finished well with the anticipated drink out with the missus. Together we shared a “Night King” (some scotch/rum/grapefruit concoction) and a “Pear-Gin House Cat”. Not bad.

Great shave this morning. I can zoom along a bit faster it seems like with the SS. One little minor zing as I cleared the stubble from a mouth corner, but it closed up very quickly. Great scent combo today for the chilly, wet morning ahead.

Brewing some coffee to share, going to pick up some donuts, then it’s off to church. Grocery shopping later…then hopefully a whole lot of nothin!

Have a blessed Sunday all!

Shave #339 (639 Open Blade Shaves) of 2022:

Gear: Feather Folding SS, Feather Pro blade, Yaqi Sagrada Familia synth brush, Soapy Science Lollipop Citrus soap, homemade witch hazel/aloe, Nivea Sensitive AS Balm, Pitralon Classic AS, and Prada Luna Rossa to finish!

Le sigh…Monday.

A least somewhat hilariously, part of last night ended with my youngest doing his typical take forever to eat dinner routine…but as it was time to get ready for bed, he hadn’t finished his sparkling water yet. So, against sound advice, he decided to chug it down before heading off to get ready. About 5 minutes later, we hear his brothers upstairs exclaim somewhat worriedly…”Are you OK?!” I’m sure most of you have seen some of the soda chugging challenges on TikTok…so you can imagine…pretty much that but he had just finished eating. Thankfully he’d already secured the bathroom 😂

Great shave this morning! 3 easy passes and a great result. Nothing new in terms of scents…just a fresh woody, citrus combo - Pitralon Classic + PLR to finish it up!

Home visits today to some of my patients who live a bit farther out. Our work’s public, holiday season event is on this evening, where I’m one of the ones giving a reflection. No more rain in the forecast, just cold and sunny. Other than that…hopefully Monday doesn’t hit too hard!

Have a good one all!

’m sure most of you have seen some of the soda chugging challenges on TikTok…so you can imagine…pretty much that but he had just finished eating. Thankfully he’d already secured the bathroom 😂
Never done the TikTok thing. I'll bet your son doesn't do that again!

Shave #340 (640 Open Blade Shaves) of 2022:

Gear: Feather Folding SS, Feather Pro blade, Yaqi Moka synth brush, Soapy Science Lollipop Citrus soap, homemade witch hazel/aloe, Nivea Sensitive AS Balm, Skin Bracer AS, and Bvlgari L’Gemme Tygar to finish!

Man…long, busy day yesterday. A number of visits and culminating in our Angels Among Us holiday event which memorializes the patients list in the last year’s time for their families. I gave a short reflection mid way.

Great shave this morning. I continue to get little micro cuts at the corners of the mouth. Nothing serious, but still annoying. Great results at least one overall! Finished off with the nice, refined grapefruit scent of Tygar.

In to the EOL facility for visits today. Gotta try and finish some Christmas shopping at some point. Onward and upward!

Have a great Tuesday all!

Chris, I've been watching the spoiler video, have had it on 10 minutes so far...
I did say it was about half way through 😂
Your boss is long-winded!
Not as long winded as me! 😂
Nice sermon, Chris. :) [Full Disclosure: I did not watch the outro by the guitarist.]
Thanks for watching Bruce! The musicians were great! The female is our certified music therapist. The dude I’m not sure, I think he may have been an outside connection…did great though!

Shave #341 (641 Open Blade Shaves) of 2022:

Gear: Feather Folding SS, Feather Pro blade, Yaqi Rainbow w/ pony synth brush, Clown Puke tub soap, homemade witch hazel/aloe, Nivea Sensitive AS Balm, Fine Platinum AS, and Penhaligon’s Portraits: The World According to Arthur to finish!

Up a bit early to be ready for a Zoom meeting. Then the usual IDT meeting right after that. Yay. 😑

Good shave though! Great results, no nicks this time. Less than 10 to go before I hit 650! Finished off with Fine Platinum and Penhaligon’s Arthur. While much like many other frags, not worth the price, the scent is pretty dang good!

Off to it! Hope you all have a great Wednesday!

Back