The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

If you have to do something...

Shave #325 (625 Open Blade Shaves) of 2022:

Gear: Tedalus Essence, Feather Pro blade, Yaqi Rainbow w/ pony brush, Clown Puke tub soap, homemade witch hazel/aloe, Nivea Sensitive AS Balm, Old Spice AS, and Acqua Di Gio Absolu Instinct to finish!

Monday…but this time it’s OK…because it’s only a 2 and 1/2 day work week! Well…I guess we’ll see if it’s OK or a grave mistake when I get back next week 😂

Great shave this morning getting back to the Essence! Already a quarter way through the next hundred open blade shaves…just like that! Brought out the Old Spice today, though modern, and finished off with the sweet, woodsy, spicy ADG Absolu Instinct.

Last night’s Friendsgiving was a great time! Great food, good people, and a couple games of Sequence to end the night.

Memorial to finish preparing for tomorrow and generally making sure things are squared away as much as possible for the mini vacation out of town, as far as visit regs are concerned.

Have a great Monday all!

Monday…but this time it’s OK…because it’s only a 2 and 1/2 day work week!
giphy.gif

I work 3 days this week, 3 days the next week and 4 days the week after that. It feels like I'm bunching all of this relaxing time all up at once. I need to spread it out a bit more.

Shave #326 (626 Open Blade Shaves) of 2022:

Gear: Tedalus Essence, Feather Pro blade, Trotter Handcrafts Taurus A brush, Clown Puke tub soap, homemade witch hazel/aloe, Nivea Sensitive AS Balm, Fine Platinum AS, and Dior Homme Original to finish!

Another day closer to the goal post!

Great shave this morning, per usual. Not a whole lot to say. The blade is doing well but I may just switch it out anyway before we leave for the rest of the week; not sure yet. Some good, manly scents to finish up the pampering - Fine Platinum and Dior Homme Original!

Memorial later this morning, some work at the EOL facility, and who knows what else. Thankfully most people are understanding that it’s a holiday week, so visit counts are usually low unless there’s an emergency…cause they don’t want to be bothered in their family time in why little time remains and it lets me catch my breath a bit. I’m sure it’ll be a train wreck starting Friday though. Sneaking in an OT workout later tonight since we won’t have the opportunity later in the week.

Have a great Tuesday all!

Back