The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

If you have to do something...

All that enthusiasm, are you going to the in-laws or something?
Both family are in the same area fortunately…it’s just the drive that gets me…then that feeling that just as you start to get relaxed on your mini-vacay, Monday is around the corner 😂

Shave #327 (627 Open Blade Shaves) of 2022:

Gear: Tedalus Essence, Feather Pro blade, Stirling 2-band synth brush, Clown Puke tub soap, homemade witch hazel/aloe, Nivea Sensitive AS Balm, CBL Barba AST, and D&G The One + Rochas Moustache EDP to finish!

The day has arrived!

Great shave this morning. Usual BBS result with only a little dot of blood from a scratch on the corner of the mustache area. Boozy, vanilla frag combo today, mixed with the freshness of Barba.

Of course, instead of just having my IDT this morning and being home free after, the facility admitted 2 new patients yesterday…which means I have to at least try and see them before clocking out. The guberment requires new folks to have documented attempts at an initial visit within the first 5 days of their admission…no “business days” on that cause unfortunately.

That means it’ll be a bit of a rush to get out of town on time. But I remain hopeful!

Have a great Wednesday all!

Five days seems like a reasonable amount of time. Hospital inpatients have much tighter windows, though.
It’s not bad…when the 5 days involves a weekend though it can feel a little rushed depending on where the weekend lands. Sometimes I’ve had to get in before even the RNCM gets in for their first follow up visit. I try to avoid that.

Shave #328 (628 Open Blade Shaves) of 2022:

Gear: Tedalus Essence, Feather Pro blade, Yaqi Sagrada Familia synth brush, Clown Puke tub soap, homemade witch hazel/aloe, Nivea Sensitive AS Balm, Speick AS, and Chanel Bleu De Chanel EDP to finish!

Happy Thanksgiving to all who celebrate!

Decent night’s rest after a relatively incident free drive up north. There’s just that one hour long or so stretch of I-5 where the most 🤡 drivers seem to congregate, people start getting bored and messing with each other, brake checking people, even the truck drivers start playing games, and it’s a bit of a white-knuckle and expletive producing stretch of road. Ugh.

Great shave this morning though as we prepare to head a few blocks over to one of my sister-in-laws’ homes. Having just recently bought and moved in, they wanted to host Thanksgiving breakfast…homemade cinnamon rolls, so can’t say no to that! The rest of the day will be spent mostly back at my FIL’s.

Great day of family and food ahead! Hope yours is filled with the same!

Shave #329 (629 Open Blade Shaves) of 2022:

Gear: Tedalus Essence, Feather Pro blade, Yaqi Sagrada Familia synth brush, Clown Puke tub soap, homemade witch hazel/aloe, Nivea Sensitive AS Balm, Speick AS, and Chanel Bleu De Chanel EDP to finish!

Oh man…full but great day yesterday…even with the competing, shrill voices of my wife and her sisters cajoling each other; all in good fun though (mostly lol). I probably ate 2-3 days worth of my normal portions in Thanksgiving day food and goodies. I was stuffed! A shame I can’t seem to sleep in at all.

Great shave this morning at least. Same setup, same excellent results, and smelling the same darn good smell!

Out on a couple errands this morning since we’re in (this particular) town. Then it’s off to my parents’ a bit later for a second Thanksgiving with them and my grandparents.

Hope you’re all having a good day after!

I don’t miss that I5 drive, did it many times, between Davis/Sac and Camarillo. I do swear that it’s gotten both more crowded and aggressive over the years. Back in the day, it was mostoy just me a the truckers, and staying awake or finding a pee stop were the biggest challenges. the last couple of trips I felt like I needed to turn a rosary for penance when arriving.

I don’t miss that I5 drive, did it many times, between Davis/Sac and Camarillo. I do swear that it’s gotten both more crowded and aggressive over the years. Back in the day, it was mostoy just me a the truckers, and staying awake or finding a pee stop were the biggest challenges. the last couple of trips I felt like I needed to turn a rosary for penance when arriving.
Yea, it’s only gotten worse. It was pretty white knuckle for most of the stretch. 1-2 close calls, even with some purposeful distance between cars.

Back