The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

If you have to do something...

The second I sprayed it, the missus, 10 feet away, said “Ugh! Vanilla and baby powder”…pffft! She don’t know!
One of the samples you sent me received the same reaction from my wife. They are not fans of the vanilla, apparently.

My daughter is 10 weeks old and I'm already dreading the first dance/boyfriend/whatever comes along at that age. We were all that age once...I know what boys are like!!! :LOL:
Yea, fortunately this was a date where there was only a small interest, they’re mostly just acquaintances. My wife and I were surprised when the eldest said they spent the entire time dancing…”do you even know how to dance? What did you guys do”…”oh just some moving around…and a lot of jumping”. A pretty innocent night sounds like 😂
One of the samples you sent me received the same reaction from my wife. They are not fans of the vanilla, apparently.
And here I thought women were supposed to have more refined tastes 🙄

Shave #298 (600 Open Blade Shaves) of 2022:

Gear: Schick M Adjustable injector, Gillette Trac II Twin blade, Yaqi Rainbow w/ pony synth brush, Clown Puke tub soap, homemade witch hazel/aloe, LNHC BS PSE, Barbasol Pacific Rush AS, and Yves Saint Laurent Y Parfum to finish!

Not such a bad day yesterday! The eldest had a good b-day.

Great shave this morning! Not a whole lot to report. Second day of trying out Nivea Balm. Seems like pretty decent stuff so far. Feels good on the face and is indeed non-greasy. May not be quite as moisturizing as I need though. Might have to add in a few drops of actual lotion to help it out. Finished off with YSL Y Parfum!

OT’s more famous/infamous challenge week started yesterday Hell Week! The missus and I start our first class tonight. Have to make 4 out of an 8 day stretch. 3 days in a row for us, then finishing up on Saturday! Should be grueling!

Hope you all have a great Tuesday!

I've been meaning to pick up one of the US Nivea balms at the store. Have you tried Nivea 2:1? Its one of my go-to's. Just wondering how they compare to each other.

Glad they had a good birthday!! 🥳🎂

Have a good day, brother!! :cool:
Thanks gents!
I've been meaning to pick up one of the US Nivea balms at the store. Have you tried Nivea 2:1? It’s one of my go-to's. Just wondering how they compare to each other.
That was one of my options before picking the sensitive skin AS balm. My hesitancy was that it’s more of a clear topical liquid than an actual lotion. I have a lot of dry skin issues.

That was one of my options before picking the sensitive skin AS balm. My hesitancy was that it’s more of a clear topical liquid than an actual lotion. I have a lot of dry skin issues.
I was concerned about the oiliness of the balm. The 2:1 has just the right aloe/aftershave combo to not be oily. In my mind, if its good enough for a Dave-face (which needs more moisture)...its good enough for a Steven-face. Chris-faces may require more care.

Shave #299 (600 Open Blade Shaves) of 2022:

Gear: Schick M Adjustable injector, Gillette Trac II Twin blade, Stirling 2-band synth brush, Soapy Science Lollipop Citrus soap, homemade witch hazel/aloe, Nivea Sensitive AS Balm, Pitralon Classic AS, and Acqua Di Parma Colonia CLUB to finish!

Phew…first day of my Hell Week was pretty killer! Haven’t came that close to passing out for a long time 😂

Great shave this morning! Not a whole lot to report. The Schick gets one more day, then it’s back to the Essence! Finished up with Pitralon Classic and the last of my Colonia CLUB sample.

Day full of and IDT meeting and visits. Day two of Hell Week this evening. Let’s git er dun!

Have a great Wednesday all!

Gotta get my body to fall in line with my machismo.
giphy.gif

Shave #300 (600 Open Blade Shaves) of 2022:

Gear: Schick M Adjustable injector, Gillette Trac II Twin blade, Yaqi Sagrada Familia synth brush, Soapy Science Lollipop Citrus soap, homemade witch hazel/aloe, Nivea Sensitive AS Balm, CBL Barba AST, and Ralph Lauren Ralph’s Club EDP to finish!

Much better workout session last night. Paced myself better and didn’t feel like I was dying half way through…just at the end 😂

Great shave this morning! Last one with the Schick for a bit. It’s still going strong though and could blast through who knows how many more shaves! Bunch of fresh scents today. Finished with Ralph’s Club…liking this one more and more despite its simplicity…may have to find a good deal on a bottle.

3rd Hell Week class tonight, 3rd in a row too! Some folks knock out 5 a week on a regular basis…craziness! Not sure what else is in store today. Guess I’ll be finding out!

Have a great Thursday all!

Shave #301 (601 Open Blade Shaves) of 2022:

Gear: Tedalus Essence, Feather Pro AC blade, Trotter Handcrafts Taurus A brush, Clown Puke tub soap, homemade witch hazel/aloe, Nivea Sensitive AS Balm, Proraso Red AS, and Bvlgari L’Gemme Tygar to finish!

Another great Hell Week workout last night, making it 3 outta 4 for the the challenge. Last one will be Saturday morning, giving us a rest day today. Immediately after the workout was attending the local Young Life fundraiser banquet for a decent meal and some good stories.

Great shave this morning getting back into the groove with the Essence. Only one little blip on the underside of the chin. Some nice fruity/woody scents finishing up the ritual - Proraso Red AS followed by Tygar!

Full day ahead to close out this work week!

Hope you all have a great Friday!

Back