The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

If you have to do something...

Shave #290 (600 Open Blade Shaves) of 2022:

Gear: Schick M Adjustable injector, Gillette Trac II Twin blade, Stirling 2-band synth brush, Soapy Science Lollipop Citrus soap, homemade witch hazel/aloe, LNHC BS PSE, CBL Barba AST, and Acqua Di Parma Colonia CLUB to finish!

Ah Monday…not much caught up on rest but here we be.

Great shave this morning. I do believe the M will be one of my “old man” razors, when I can’t use the more daring ones anymore. A great shave, with a great result, and relatively foolproof. Finished off with a nice combo of CBL Barba and ADP Colonia CLUB.

Monitoring the work messages here n there over the weekend…shouldn’t be too bad of a day jumping back into the groove.

Have a great Monday all!

Shave #291 (600 Open Blade Shaves) of 2022:

Gear: Schick M Adjustable injector, Gillette Trac II Twin blade, Yaqi Sagrada Familia synth brush, Soapy Science Lollipop Citrus soap, homemade witch hazel/aloe, LNHC BS PSE, Barbasol Pacific Rush, and Yves Saint Laurent Y EDT to finish!

Not too bad yesterday, still a bunch of busy work though with a training to do at the end of the week and a memorial this weekend. Felt decently rested this morning at least!

Great shave to kick things off. Still stuck in lighter, fresher scent mode, but it’s working for me! 3 easy peasy passes. Topped off with Barbasol PR for an icy blue blast and YSL Y EDT for a fruitier and toned down Sauvage vibe.

IDT meeting this morning followed by some time spent at our little facility making visits.

Hope you all have a great Tuesday!

Shave #292 (600 Open Blade Shaves) of 2022:

Gear: Schick M Adjustable injector, Gillette Trac II Twin blade, Yaqi Rainbow w/ pony synth brush, Clown Puke tub soap, homemade witch hazel/aloe, LNHC BS PSE, Fine Platinum AS, and Rochas Moustache EDP + D&G The One to finish!

It’s Wednesday!

Great shave this morning with a mishmash of scents. It all came together though and delivered a great start to the day! Finished up with the 1-2 combo of Moustache EDP and The One.

Paperwork is such a drag! I get some of the reasoning behind it for visit and meetings and such…some days it just seems like I spend more time doing paperwork than I do making visits. Ew!

Hope you all have a great hump day!

Back