The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

If you have to do something...

Shave #293 (600 Open Blade Shaves) of 2022:

Gear: Schick M Adjustable injector, Gillette Trac II Twin blade, RR Big Bruce synth brush, Soapy Science Lollipop Citrus soap, homemade witch hazel/aloe, LNHC BS PSE, Pitralon Classic AS, and Acqua Di Parma Colonia CLUB to finish!

Hitting up the back half of the work week gents…it’s Thursday! 👌

Great shave this morning! The BBS on my cheeks yesterday lasted almost all day. Pretty good for such a mild set! Finished up today with Pitralon Classic and Colonia CLUB!

Second IDT for the week coming up this morning, a couple visits, then it’s plug away for tomorrow’s training and Saturday’s memorial.

Have a great Thursday all!

Shave #294 (600 Open Blade Shaves) of 2022:

Gear: Schick M Adjustable injector, Gillette Trac II Twin blade, Trotter Handcrafts Taurus A brush, Clown Puke tub soap, homemade witch hazel/aloe, LNHC BS PSE, Fine Platinum AS, and Yves Saint Laurent Y Parfum to finish!

We have arrived at the threshold of glory friends…it’s Friday!

Great shave this morning to close out the work week. Strong scents used! We’ve had a bit of a warm spell the last 2 days but it’s supposed to stay cooler now. Topped the shave with a healthy dose of OG formula Fine Platinum and a barrage of YSL Y Parfum spritzes. Ready to face the day!

Hope you all have a great Friday!

Shave #294 (600 Open Blade Shaves) of 2022:

Gear: Schick M Adjustable injector, Gillette Trac II Twin blade, Trotter Handcrafts Taurus A brush, Clown Puke tub soap, homemade witch hazel/aloe, LNHC BS PSE, Fine Platinum AS, and Yves Saint Laurent Y Parfum to finish!

We have arrived at the threshold of glory friends…it’s Friday!

Great shave this morning to close out the work week. Strong scents used! We’ve had a bit of a warm spell the last 2 days but it’s supposed to stay cooler now. Topped the shave with a healthy dose of OG formula Fine Platinum and a barrage of YSL Y Parfum spritzes. Ready to face the day!

Hope you all have a great Friday!
w00t!!! Have a great one Chris!! :cool:

giphy-downsized-large.gif

Shave #295 (600 Open Blade Shaves) of 2022:

Gear: Schick M Adjustable injector, Gillette Trac II Twin blade, Graydog Art Deco brush, Clown Puke tub soap, homemade witch hazel/aloe, LNHC BS PSE, Lucky Tiger AS, and Bvlgari Tygar to finish!

Non-typical Saturday in progress! Slept in a bit (unfortunately it didn’t help my tiredness much), grabbed a coffee with the missus then it was off to provide services for a blessing of the deceased at our facility.

Great shave before I left the house this morning though. Solid, easily obtained results, strong scents for this cool, overcast fall morning. Reveling in the rich grapefruit of Tygar right now.

Off on my way to perform a memorial now…then calling it quits for the weekend besides all that chore and family jazz. Older two kids have their school dance stuff tonight…so there’ll be some chauffeuring around going on.

Have a great Saturday all!

Shave #296 (600 Open Blade Shaves) of 2022:

Gear: Schick M Adjustable injector, Gillette Trac II Twin blade, Yaqi Moka brush, Clown Puke tub soap, homemade witch hazel/aloe, LNHC BS PSE, Fine Platinum AS, and Dior Homme Parfum to finish!

Yesterday went pretty darn well, all said and done. Blessing went great, memorial went great, and the older boys had a great time out going to dinner and dance with friends/date. The missus and youngest and I closed out the evening and Hendrys Beach’s Boathouse restaurant, grubbing on some great seafood while the sun set over the ocean.

Great shave this morning. Last night was pretty chilly, so it took some extra effort to leave the warmth of the blankets. But got it done in a timely manner. The Schlick gets in a few extra licks this week while the next Essence round approaches. Finished off with DHP! The second I sprayed it, the missus, 10 feet away, said “Ugh! Vanilla and baby powder”…pffft! She don’t know!

Church this morning and what should be a fairly free day for the most part.

Have a blessed Sunday all!

Yesterday went pretty darn well, all said and done. Blessing went great, memorial went great, and the older boys had a great time out going to dinner and dance with friends/date. The missus and youngest and I closed out the evening and Hendrys Beach’s Boathouse restaurant, grubbing on some great seafood while the sun set over the ocean.
Sounds like a perfect day, Chris!

Shave #297 (600 Open Blade Shaves) of 2022:

Gear: Schick M Adjustable injector, Gillette Trac II Twin blade, Yaqi Rainbow w/ pony synth brush, Soapy Science Lollipop Citrus soap, homemade witch hazel/aloe, LNHC BS PSE, Pitralon Classic AS, and Dior Homme Sport ‘19 to finish!

Monday! Chilly night and very brisk morning temps…but should be clear skies and sunny most of the week, hitting about 70 every day.

Great shave this morning to get things off on the right foot! Some nice, sporty, citrusy scents used. 3 effortless passes and great results. Finished up with DHS ‘19!

Not sure what kind of day is ahead. Guess I’ll find out! Have a great Monday all!

Back