The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

If you have to do something...

"Welcome to @NurseDave 's House of Curable Ailments......do you have sore muscles? Weak knees? Hairy arms? Unexplainable cuts to your fingers and chin? Well, just belly up to the bar, friend.....NurseDave has the magical elixir to make all of those troubles go away (and new troubles to form)." (NurseDave is not responsible for anyone getting kicked out of their home for over-induldging....including NurseDave)

"Welcome to @NurseDave 's House of Curable Ailments......do you have sore muscles? Weak knees? Hairy arms? Unexplainable cuts to your fingers and chin? Well, just belly up to the bar, friend.....NurseDave has the magical elixir to make all of those troubles go away (and new troubles to form)." (NurseDave is not responsible for anyone getting kicked out of their home for over-induldging....including NurseDave)
You're missing your calling in advertising sir. Or as a shyster.

Shave #287 (600 Open Blade Shaves) of 2022:

Gear: Colonial “Armored” General Brass, Schick Proline blade, Trotter Handcrafts Taurus A brush, Clown Puke tub soap, homemade witch hazel/aloe, LNHC BS PSE, Fine Platinum AS, and Ralph’s Club EDP to finish!

Almost there gents! Just gotta make it through the day!

Great shave this morning. The Schick Proline has definitely reached its performance plateau. I don’t feel like it’s improved since it was first used, it did degrade a bit, still not as much as a Feather might…but it’s reached a comfortable spot as some DE blades might where you could go on with it for a bit. Overall a way better blade for the AC razors for me. Haven’t tried one in the Tedalus yet.

Topped off with Ralph’s Club EDP FTW! In your face lavender!

Have a great day dudes!

Gear: Colonial “Armored” General Brass, Schick Proline blade, Trotter Handcrafts Taurus A brush, Clown Puke tub soap, homemade witch hazel/aloe, LNHC BS PSE, Fine Platinum AS, and Ralph’s Club EDP to finish!

Great shave this morning. The Schick Proline has definitely reached its performance plateau. I don’t feel like it’s improved since it was first used, it did degrade a bit, still not as much as a Feather might…but it’s reached a comfortable spot as some DE blades might where you could go on with it for a bit. Overall a way better blade for the AC razors for me. Haven’t tried one in the Tedalus yet.

Have a great day dudes!
Have a great Friday, Chris! :cool:

giphy.gif

Once again...you are the best smelling dude on this here web site. Have a very fragrant friday.

Have a great day dudes!
1665759904343.gif

Shave #288 (600 Open Blade Shaves) of 2022:

Gear: Colonial “Armored” General Brass, Schick Proline blade, Graydog Art Deco brush, Soapy Science soap, homemade witch hazel/aloe, LNHC BS PSE, Pitralon Classic AS, and Acqua Di Gio EDP to finish!

Typical Saturday in progress, sans the missus. OT workout this morning followed by some coffee and a scone. Then back home for the usual adulting and chores.

Last day for the General to work its magic before going back in the cabinet. It did not disappoint! Soapy Science continues to impress with its easy loading and excellent lather. Finished off with Pitralon Classic AS and the remaining sprays of my ADG EDP sample. Decent juice, but Profumo remains the king of the ADG line IMO.

Laundry loads continue. And not much else to worry over today, except whipping out dinner later.

Hope you’re all having a great Saturday too!

Shave #289 (600 Open Blade Shaves) of 2022:

Gear: Schick M Adjustable injector, Gillette Trac II Twin blade, Trotter Handcrafts Taurus A brush, Clown Puke tub soap, homemade witch hazel/aloe, LNHC BS PSE, Proraso Red AS, and Penhaligon’s Portraits - The World According to Arthur to finish!

Up for church…and coffee!

A delightful shave this morning as the world’s best injector made was used - the adjustable Schick M, of course. Tried out Gillette’s Trac II version of a twin injector blade. Not too shabby…smooth but maybe not the best initial sharpness. There wasn’t any tugging, maybe a little scrapey, perhaps just the feeling that the blade was already well used…kind of like a cart razor I guess? No irritation thankfully. Finished off with Proraso Red’s very nice AS and Penhaligon’s TWATA 😂. Smelling great!

The missus comes home later this evening. A couple things here n there after church to take the kids to. Otherwise should be a chill day!

Have a blessed Sunday all!

Back