The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

If you have to do something...

Shave #283 (600 Open Blade Shaves) of 2022:

Gear: Colonial “Armored” General Brass, Schick Proline blade, Stirling 2-band synth brush, Soapy Science Lollipop Citrus soap, homemade witch hazel/aloe, LNHC BS PSE, Pitralon Classic AS, and Burberry Hero to finish!

Great long weekend was had…back to work today! Hooooo boy are there some emails to catch up on!

Great shave this morning. Not much to report, everything was firing on all cylinders. Opted to blast through the rest of the Hero frag, so I paired it with Pitralon Classic AS.

Ready to rock! Have a great Monday all!

Shave #284 (600 Open Blade Shaves) of 2022:

Gear: Colonial “Armored” General Brass, Schick Proline blade, Yaqi Sagrada Familia synth brush, Soapy Science Lollipop Citrus soap, homemade witch hazel/aloe, LNHC BS PSE, 4711 AS, and Prada Luna Rossa Ocean to finish!

Yesterday ended off fairly well. Dinner with some friends over and kids had their youth group for their own fun.

Truly getting into fall more here in SB. When I wake up now, the sun’s barely dawned. Mornings have been cool and various states of marine layer. Weird how quickly that changed.

Great shave this morning! Not much new to report, just excellent on all fronts! Finished off with a citrusy, aquatic combo of 4711 AS and Prada Ocean. Currently have a patient in our facility who’s spouse is fragrance sensitive…only request for having care in what I wear in the whole time I’ve worked here, so trying to find a balance of smells good for me without blasting their nose. Thankfully I’m not at the facility more than a couple times a week!

Hope you all have a great Tuesday!

Shave #285 (600 Open Blade Shaves) of 2022:

Gear: Colonial “Armored” General Brass, Schick Proline blade, Yaqi Moka synth brush, Clown Puke tub soap, homemade witch hazel/aloe, LNHC BS PSE, CC Venture AS, and YSL Y EDT to finish!

CFDE8932-AF35-43D3-9B16-4485F886DFE7.gif

Great shave this morning. Just a couple nicks on some skin irregularities. Finished up with a nice combo of Venture AS and YSL Y EDT, for a little smokey, fruity, blue vibe.

IDT meeting this morning and some visits to do. Should be a decent day!

Happy Wednesday all!

Shave #286 (600 Open Blade Shaves) of 2022:

Gear: Colonial “Armored” General Brass, Schick Proline blade, RR Big Bruce synth brush, Soapy Science Lollipop Citrus soap, homemade witch hazel/aloe, LNHC BS PSE, 4711 AS, and D&G Light Blue to finish!

Ahhhh Thursday…the gateway to Friday!

Great shave this morning. Not much to report really, the shave was just long enough for my body to catch up with my brain and wake the heck up. I feel like I’ve been getting better sleep somewhat but in that, I’ve been consistently having an initial wake up before the alarm goes off. Ew! Finished up with D&G Light Blue FTW!

Ended up having a fairly busy day yesterday. Another today. The missus also is heading out this afternoon for a ladies weekend with her friends in Mammoth. So I’ll be a dad n dudes weekend at home!

Have a great Thursday all!

Back