The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

If you have to do something...

Shave #279 (600 Open Blade Shaves) of 2022:

Gear: Blackland Vector, Schick Proline blade, Yaqi Moka synth brush, Soapy Science Lollipop Citrus soap, homemade witch hazel/aloe, LNHC BS PSE, CBL Barba AST, and Acqua Di Parma Colonia CLUB to finish!

To quote another famous shaver and holder of dairy productsā€¦ā€TGITMF!ā€ Yes indeed, final work day of the week for this olā€™ chap. Approval for tomorrow off came in late yesterday morning. šŸ˜ŽšŸ‘

Great shave this morning. Just one problem spot as a previously decapitated pimple spot got opened back up some. Thankfully it closed again quickly. I keep flip flopping on this CLUB scent. It has a nice herbaceous opening and Iā€™m currently in the faux-DHE phaseā€¦I felt it just lands in the ā€œold manā€ category once itā€™s totally dried down. Maybe my opinion will change today. šŸ¤·ā€ā™‚ļø

Go forth and conquer my friends! Happy Thursday!
Early Friday!!! Even Skeletor's excited!! šŸ˜ƒ

giphy.gif

You tell him Gear buddy! Sam, Mr Noir has been working out and getting in shape. He's reverse aging and months away from changing to Axe bodyspray.
Thatā€™s right! Canā€™t be pick my about wins! Just gotta take em as they come along!
Early Friday!!! Even Skeletor's excited!! šŸ˜ƒ

giphy.gif
One day closer to Saturday morning cartoons? šŸ¤”

Shave #280 (600 Open Blade Shaves) of 2022:

Gear: Blackland Vector, Schick Proline blade, Trotter Handcrafts Taurus A brush, Clown Puke tub soap, homemade witch hazel/aloe, LNHC BS PSE, Pitralon Classic AS, and Burberry Hero to finish!

Got to sleep in a little bit and had no alarm clock waking me up, which was niceā€¦just the family getting up and getting ready for their normal Friday that woke me up šŸ˜‚

Not one to skip my shaves, even on days off, so pretty good one this morning. Just a couple little weepers to deal with. Doused myself with some more of my Hero sampleā€¦trying to get rid of it. Wouldnā€™t you knowā€¦still have enough for at least one more wearing!

Gonna go hunt up some coffee now and get to chillaxin!

Happy (Cadre) Friday all!

Shave #281 (600 Open Blade Shaves) of 2022:

Gear: Blackland Vector, Schick Proline blade, Graydog Art Deco brush, Soapy Science Lollipop Citrus soap, homemade witch hazel/aloe, LNHC BS PSE, Fine American Blend AS, and OG YSL Rive Gauche Pour Homme to finish!

Thanks for all the birthday wishes friends!

Now that Iā€™m 40ā€¦itā€™s more important than ever to keep up false appearances of youth and vitality!

Who am I kiddingā€¦fairly typical Saturday in progress. OT workout to kick start the b-day, then a nice mini sit-down breakfast of many sweet carb treats and a side of baconā€¦with coffee of course! Back home to do some chores!

The Vector finishes its week at bay with a bang and an excel b-day shave. The Schick remains strong in the razor edge force, and with 7 shaves under its belt, still feels markedly better than a Feather Pro would have at this point. It may see use for the next week as well, as itā€™s reborn into the Armored General. Finished off with my favorite scent in the den for a treat yo self cheery on top - OG Rive Gauche Pour Homme! šŸ

B-day dinner later this evening with the family! I requested Chinese but left the choosing of the venue open otherwise.

Hope youā€™re all having a great Saturday too!

Shave #282 (600 Open Blade Shaves) of 2022:

Gear: Colonial ā€œArmoredā€ General Brass, Schick Proline blade, Yaqi Rainbow w/ pony synth brush, Clown Puke tub soap, homemade witch hazel/aloe, LNHC BS PSE, Fine Platinum AS, and Creed Aventus to finish!

Commencing final day of birthday weekend!

Great shave this morning. The General with Schick Proline felt no different than as if I were using my Techā€¦amazeballs! Another treat to self scent day, finishing up with Fine Platinum and a sample of the current Creed Aventus (not bad, but not worth the money for the modern batchesā€¦Aventus Cologne is way better)!

Off to churchā€¦thenā€¦who knows!

Hope you all have a blessed Sunday!

Back