The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

If you have to do something...

Shave #261 (600 Open Blade Shaves) of 2022:

Gear: Gillette Canadian Prewar Tech, Astra SP blade, Graydog Art Deco brush, B&M Melange soap, homemade witch hazel/aloe, LNHC Barber Shoppe post shave elixir, and Tom Ford Oud Minerale to finish!

Decent night’s rest, still tired though. My allergies still kicked my butt for most of the afternoon and into the evening. Drugging up early today in hopes of avoiding a repeat.

Great shave this morning getting back to the Canadian Prewar Tech. A total “treat yo self” shave in item selection. Very pleased to report that the soap deviation to Melange was a success…no irritation received! My first time and last time trying a B&M soap was a small sample of their Reserve many years ago, and I was not impressed. This Omnibus base…excellent! Worked up quickly to a substantial feeling, slick, and yogurty lather. The Melange scent is a really fun mix of spices that comes off as a kind of dark aromatic wood with cinnamon, clove, and cardamom accents. Really fun!

Finished off with Oud Minerale for more excellence!

Church this morning, probably some grocery shopping later…then hopefully another chill afternoon.

Have a blessed Sunday all!

Shave #262 (600 Open Blade Shaves) of 2022:

Gear: Gillette Canadian Prewar Tech, Astra SP blade, Trotter Handcrafts Taurus A brush, CBL Hombres soap, homemade witch hazel/aloe, Pitralon Classic AS, and Acqua Di Gio Profumo to finish!

Ugh Monday! 😫

Great shave this morning. Excellent results and some well known, solid scents to round it out!

Bit of a long day ahead. Peeping at the work email revealed that it was a super busy weekend. That means a lot of catch-up!

Hope you all have a great Monday!

Peeping at the work email revealed that it was a super busy weekend. That means a lot of catch-up!

Hope you all have a great Monday!
giphy.gif

Have a great one, Chris!! 😁

Back