The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

If you have to do something...

Shave #257 (597 Open Blade Shaves) of 2022:

Gear: Tedalus Essence, Feather Pro blade, Yaqi Sagrada Familia synth brush, CBL Hombres soap, homemade witch hazel/aloe w/ splash of British Sterling, and Prada L’Homme to finish!

Tired! Tough OT workout last night. I was pretty proud of myself, running at a reasonable pace the full first half hour and keeping it through various inclines thrown at us. It was one of those where you get done and you hope your legs don’t collapse when you use the stairs 😂

Good shave this morning. Kept things fairly simple as far as scents. Haven’t switched off of Hombres for just about the last week. Wrapped up with some cut British Sterling, followed up by a bevy of Prada L’Homme sprays.

IDT meeting this morning and some home visits to do. In the ebbs and flows of healthcare, ‘tis a busy season for hospice unfortunately.

Have a great Wednesday all!

I've been looking at the British Sterling.....what scent is it?
I’m second guessing myself now…in the haze of the morning sleepwalking I can’t remember if I picked up British Sterling or English Leather…🤔😂

Both are fairly old school…light…pleasant…but forgettable. I don’t know if I have the AS versions or splash frag versions. I have small sample bottles that don’t specify.

I’ll update on my scent thoughts when I get home later. 😂

I’m second guessing myself now…in the haze of the morning sleepwalking I can’t remember if I picked up British Sterling or English Leather…🤔😂

Both are fairly old school…light…pleasant…but forgettable. I don’t know if I have the AS versions or splash frag versions. I have small sample bottles that don’t specify.

I’ll update on my scent thoughts when I get home later. 😂
Sounds like I may need to get samples of each.

You'll need to share how you get these samples. Please.

You'll need to share how you get these samples. Please.
I actually got these from Chris a couple years back along with a bunch of other frag type stuff he sent me to try.

Sounds like I may need to get samples of each.
I’ll do you one better. When I have time and brain space, what say I package these up and send you them and some other scented goodies? I’m just using them to use them at this point, they’d be better off giving you a chance to put your sniffer on them!

PM me your address if you will.

PM sent....with my supreme thanks.

I'm not sure which one of these hooligans it was that said you were only a so-so guy....but I think you're the best.

Shave #258 (598 Open Blade Shaves) of 2022:

Gear: Tedalus Essence, Feather Pro blade, Yaqi Moka synth brush, CBL Hombres soap, homemade witch hazel/aloe, Pitralon Classic AS, and Dior Homme Sport ‘19 to finish!

Super busy day after all yesterday! The tiredness continues.

Good shave this morning. Very familiar setup. Seems I use this scent combo at least once a week lately - Pitralon Classic AS + DHS ‘19…mmm grapefruit, ginger, and fresh woods!

Another mystery day ahead. Let’s see what happens!

Have a great Thursday all!

Shave #259 (599 Open Blade Shaves) of 2022:

Gear: Tedalus Essence, Feather Pro blade, Yaqi Rainbow w/ pony synth brush, CBL Hombres soap, homemade witch hazel/aloe, CC Venture AS, and Dior Homme Parfum to finish!

Guess what @NurseDave …we made it to Friday!

Good shave this morning. 3 reasonably smooth passes with the Essence. This blade is ready to be retired though lol. Tomorrow will mark 15 shaves on it and it’s ATG game is struggling some. Finishing the weekday shaves strong with some manly scents - the fruity Aventus clone Venture from Captain’s Choice and a few gentle half-spritzes of DHP so I don’t choke out my officemates with awesomeness.

Busy day ahead! Let’s do it!

Have a great Friday all! Weekend ahead!

Shave #260 (600 Open Blade Shaves) of 2022:

Gear: Tedalus Essence, Feather Pro blade, Yaqi Rainbow w/ pony synth brush, CBL Hombres soap, homemade witch hazel/aloe, Speick AS, and Guerlain L’Homme Ideal Cologne to finish!

Fairly typical Saturday in progress! Woke up tired but got my sorry butt through an OT workout…cause coffee and baked good come afterwards, duh!

600th open blade shave in the books! Sorry, no video. I started my vacuuming and despite a couple allergy aids this morning, my allergies kicked up anyway. But still tired and I look stoned lol. Made it through the shave though…and it was the same as any other…pretty darn near perfection! Topped off with Ideal Cologne…so good.

I’ll celebrate by going of my dual soap 3017ing tomorrow and risking using a soap of high skin reaction probability. I’m hoping nothing happens, cause the scent is amazing…but we’ll see! And of course reaching 600 means another open blade break period. I think I’ll start with the Tech!

Just laundry left to do…then maybe I’ll take a nap.

Hope you’re all having a good Saturday!

Back