The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

If you have to do something...

Chris is getting camera shy? You don’t have to worry about going too long anymore! You’ve been completely eclipsed by Leon’s epic entertainment productions. (That’s his production company) Noir Studios rarely makes extended releases.

Shave #252 (592 Open Blade Shaves) of 2022:

Gear: Tedalus Essence, Feather Pro blade, Yaqi Rainbow w/ pony synth brush, CBL Hombres soap, homemade witch hazel/aloe, Fine American Blend AS, and Fine AB EDT + TF Beau De Jour to finish!

Fridaaaaaayyyyy!

Today was a bit of a “Treat yo self” morning as far as shave scents and frags. Shave itself was good, nothing much different to report. Finished off with one of my favorite scent profiles though! Fine AB AS + Fine AB EDT + a couple well placed spritzes of TF BDJ! Powerful! 😍

Tough day of work ahead to finish out the week. I’ll be happy when it’s through! Cause tonight is the long awaited concert! Joywave and IDKHOW…3 hours of musical entertainment! Really lookin forward to it!

Hope you all have a great Friday!

giphy.gif

Have a great one, Chris!! 😁

Shave #253 (593 Open Blade Shaves) of 2022:

Gear: Tedalus Essence, Feather Pro blade, Yaqi Rainbow w/ pony synth brush, CBL Hombres soap, homemade witch hazel/aloe, Osage Rub AS, and Pinaud Citrus Musk to finish!

Fairly typical Saturday in progress. A bit tired this morning after the simply awesome concert last night! But we made it to the OT workout and of course our Saturday morning, post-workout goodies. Chores in progress now.

Pretty decent shave and cleanup between laundry loads. Can’t believe I’ve been neglecting Osage and Citrus Musk all summer! Admittedly, I just usually forget they’re in my collection because they sit on a bottom shelf, mostly out of sight. Well they definitely got rezzed today! Great combo!

The weather has been a bit grey and overcast since late afternoon yesterday as the storm weather that came in over the oceans and up from the southern coast made its way locally and started dissipating. We’ve gotten some little sprinklings of rain here and there. Not anything that’s going to put a dent in the drought unfortunately. Still, it was nice to have. The weather though is a bit muggy.

So the concert last night! Savannah Conley was pretty decent. She and her band pumped a little more rock into their semi-country vibe. Unfortunately the other the headliner had to call an audible and cancel their performance last minute because the lead singer was having voice/throat issues. But he did still come out on stage and had a bit of fun with the crowd between sets.

Then came Joywave. And holy moley did they rock the house! Well organized set, I got to hear quite a few of my favorites from their albums new and old; super entertaining, the lead singer really kept a good grasp on and engagement with the audience; super high energy despite the AC-less venue…and the music…whoooooooooo! All bangers!

I don’t think it could have gone any better honestly.

Posted some highlights on my FB page if you want to see: Log into Facebook

Hope you’re all having a great Saturday!

Shave #254 (594 Open Blade Shaves) of 2022:

Gear: Tedalus Essence, Feather Pro blade, Yaqi Rainbow w/ pony synth brush, CBL Hombres soap, homemade witch hazel/aloe, Fine Platinum AS, and Bleu De Chanel EDP to finish!

Fairly good nights rest. Woke up just before the alarm to get up. Thankfully, though it’s been warm still and muggy, the night temps have been reasonably behaving. Unfortunately the warm weather is forecasted to stick around another week, though at slightly lesser temps thankfully.

Good shave this morning. Nothing to report really. Finished up with a powerhouse scent combo to seal the deal - Fine Platinum AS + BDC EDP!

Hope you all have a blessed Sunday!

Shave #255 (595 Open Blade Shaves) of 2022:

Gear: Tedalus Essence, Feather Pro blade, Graydog Art Deco brush, CBL Hombres soap, homemade witch hazel/aloe, Pitralon Classic AS, and Dior Homme Sport ‘19 to finish!

Ugh Mondays! Y’all already know what it is!

Good shave this morning. Starting the week of scents off strong with another favorite DHS ‘19! The juicy grapefruit and citrus goes well with the sharp, fresh cedar of Pitralon.

Took a peek at my work emails last night…ew. It’s gonna be a busy day catching up for sure!

Have a great Monday all!

Shave #256 (596 Open Blade Shaves) of 2022:

Gear: Tedalus Essence, Feather Pro blade, Stirling 2-band synth brush, CBL Hombres soap, homemade witch hazel/aloe, RR The Stallion AS, and Acqua Di Parma Absolu Instinct to finish!

Hope you all have a great Tuesday!

Back