The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

If you have to do something...

giphy-downsized-large.gif
That’s what the cool kids call “A pretty sweet setup”! 😂👍

Shave #245 (585 Open Blade Shaves) of 2022:

Gear: Tedalus Essence, Feather Pro blade, Yaqi Moka synth brush, Clown Puke tub soap, homemade witch hazel/aloe mix, Fine Platinum AS, and Dior Homme Intense to finish!

Fridaaaayyyyy! And not just any Friday…the Friday of a long weekend! Could anything ruin that? Maybe…guess who already asked me to do something early Monday morning, aka my sleep-in day…🙄🤦‍♂️

Good shave this morning. Only a couple small nicks that closed up quickly. Finished up with a powerhouse combo - Fine Platinum AS with probably a few more sprays of DHI than I should have 😂. So good!

Temps rising through tomorrow, then should be slowly decreasing into the new week. Thankfully not quite as hot as previously predicted.

Hope you all crush it on your Fridays!

Shave #246 (586 Open Blade Shaves) of 2022:

Gear: Tedalus Essence, Feather Pro blade, Yaqi Rainbow w/ pony synth brush, CBL Hombres soap, homemade witch hazel/aloe mix, Myrsol K AS, and Acqua Di Parma Colonia to finish!

Typical Saturday, albeit warmer than usual, here. OT workout this morning, running my butt off. Then some coffee and a baked treat…aaaaand back home to adult and do chores.

Great cleanup and shave between laundry loads. Bathed myself in spritzes of ADP Colonia, after the clean, pepperminty cooling effect of Myrsol K. Excellence!

More laundry to get done. We were going to try and hit the Aloha Festival today in Ventura, but the missus had to do a last minute house showing for work in the middle of the afternoon. We may try again tomorrow after church.

Hope you’re all having a great Saturday!

It has been observed that by the virtue of his behavior, Chris may very well have become the Premier Essence Razor Fanboy.

Have you ever considered counting how may Essence Razor shaves you have logged?

On a side note, it has been rumored that the so named Essence Razor Fanboy Emeritus has backslidden into a condition where he has been observed to actually be shaving with a disposable plastic razor.
😏

It has been observed that by the virtue of his behavior, Chris may very well have become the Premier Essence Razor Fanboy.

Have you ever considered counting how may Essence Razor shaves you have logged?
Well I paid enough…it’s going see a whole hecklotta use gosh darn it! 😂

I believe I’m at 86 shaves with it right now. I started with it after I’d already gotten 500 open blade shaves under my belt.

On a side note, it has been rumored that the so named Essence Razor Fanboy Emeritus has backslidden into a condition where he has been observed to actually be shaving with a disposable plastic razor.
1B943F63-03CC-49C8-BF99-0C78546C263B.gif

Shave #247 (587 Open Blade Shaves) of 2022:

Gear: Tedalus Essence, Feather Pro blade, Graydog Art Deco brush, CBL Hombres soap, homemade witch hazel/aloe mix, Barbasol Pacific Rush AS, and Dior Sauvage EDT to finish!

Temps got bumped back up again for today. Supposed to reach the low 90s…ew! Still planning on heading out to the Aloha Festival after church…we’ll see how long we last 😂

Hope you all have a blessed Sunday!

Shave #248 (588 Open Blade Shaves) of 2022:

Gear: Tedalus Essence, Feather Pro blade, Trotter Handcrafts Taurus A brush, Clown Puke tub soap, homemade witch hazel/aloe mix, RR The Stallion AS, and Rochas Moustache EDP + D&G The One to finish!

Cooler day today thankfully…still in the mid 80 for most of the week unfortunately. Santa Barbara’s delayed summer is certainly making a big fuss about itself! 😂

No real plans today.

Hope you’re all having a great holiday, if you got it off! Otherwise have a great Monday!

Shave #249 (589 Open Blade Shaves) of 2022:

Gear: Tedalus Essence, Feather Pro blade, Stirling 2-band synth brush, CBL Hombres soap, homemade witch hazel/aloe mix, Pitralon Classic AS, and Dior Homme Sport ‘19 to finish!

Another semi-unpleasant night with temps that only dipped to more acceptable levels briefly. It’s already warming back up some for the day. Hey…could be worse I guess…could be Monday right?

There’s question for ya. If we did switch to a 4 day work week…would you get rid of the Monday work shift or the Friday work shift? Hmmmmm…🤔

I think I’d be inclined to get rid of Mondays.

Hope you all have a great Tuesday!

Still better than 5 days in a row.. One day off in the middle of the week? That's the workweek equivalent of getting "The Penguin"**.. :rolleyes:

** Not familiar? That's a joke. You can look it up.

Last edited:
Back