The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

If you have to do something...

Maybe it kicked into gear after you left? Enough wine and cocktails can sometimes have that effect. Hope your kids do well in the tryouts!
I doubt it lol…the energy was fairly low the whole time. Probably because it was scheduled directly after the average working Joe gets off work…on a Tuesday. 🙄😂

Thanks! I hope so too!

Shave #237 (577 Open Blade Shaves) of 2022:

Gear: Tedalus Essence, Feather Pro blade, Yaqi Moka synth brush, CBL Hombres soap, homemade witch hazel/aloe mix, Pitralon Classic AS, and Dior Homme ‘20 to finish!

So, busy day after all yesterday…just a bunch of little things that add up and take a whole bunch of time. A pretty decent day though.

Good shave this morning! Not a whole lot to report. Finished off with the nice woody-fresh combo of Pitralon Classic and Dior Homme ‘20!

Continued beautiful mornings over here on the coast as the fog keeps rollin in every night and sticking around through mist of the morning.

IDT meeting to start the work day off…and who knows what other grand adventures!

Have a great Thursday all!

Continued beautiful mornings over here on the coast as the fog keeps rollin in every night and sticking around through mist of the morning.
You really should watch those Cali fog banks.. :oops:

giphy.gif

Shave #238 (578 Open Blade Shaves) of 2022:

Gear: Tedalus Essence, Feather Pro blade, RR Big Bruce synth brush, Clown Puke tub soap, homemade witch hazel/aloe mix, Proraso Red AS, and Dior Homme Sport ‘19 to finish!

It’s the best day of the work week!

Good shave this morning. Not a whole lot different to report. Finished up the work week on some lighter, richer notes with some Proraso Red and DHS ‘19.

The Joint Commission has been reviewing our little HO facility since Tuesday and will be finishing up today supposedly. I was in yesterday and revived word from the managers that I was greatly complimented on my charting…which was very nice to hear! 👍

Headed back there this morning for some more visits. Not sure what else is on the game plan today.

Happy Friday all! Almost to that weekend!

Shave #239 (579 Open Blade Shaves) of 2022:

Gear: Tedalus Essence, Feather Pro blade, Graydog Art Deco brush, CBL Hombres soap, homemade witch hazel/aloe mix, Speick AS, and Dior Sauvage EDT to finish!

Fairly typical Saturday in progress! OT workout this morning. Hit just over 2 miles on the tread again, among the many other workouts we go through in class, which is pretty good for me. Really working on upping my speeds and stamina. Out for a baked treat and coffee after. Little bit of a browse at the local artisan fair…then back home for adulting/chores.

Great clean up and shave between laundry loads. The blade is still chugging along and passed the warm water shave test relatively well…struggling a bit ATG on the chin area, but no harm no foul this time around. Everyone at home gets to smell the full glory today, as I finished off with a full wearing of Sauvage EDT!

A couple more loads of laundry to get through…then I’m home free for the rest of the weekend!

Hope you all are having a great Saturday!

Shave #240 (580 Open Blade Shaves) of 2022:

Gear: Tedalus Essence, Feather Pro blade, Trotter Handcrafts brush, Clown Puke tub soap, homemade witch hazel/aloe mix, Fine American Blend AS, and Fine American Blend EDT + Tom Ford Beau De Jour Private to finish!

Did not sleep good last night. Not sure why. Oh well…nothing a little extra coffee can’t fix!

Great shave this morning! One of my favorite scent profiles thrown into the mix. 3 pretty decent passes with the Essence, same blade, for still fairly superior results. Finished off with Fine AB AS + EDT, then layered a couple week placed sprays of TF Beau De Jour to fancy it up a bit!

Church this morning in the newly acquired space at Westmont College. This should be our new venue moving forward, which everyone is excited about. Pickin up our usual coffee and breakfast goodies on the way. Little bit of grocery shopping later. Should be a nice day!

Have a blessed Sunday all!

Shave #241 (581 Open Blade Shaves) of 2022:

Gear: Tedalus Essence, Feather Pro blade, Yaqi Rainbow w/ pony synth brush, Clown Puke tub soap, homemade witch hazel/aloe mix, Fine Platinum AS, and Fine Platinum EDT to finish!

Ugh Monday. Another restless night. Did we even have a weekend this last week? 😂

Good shave this morning at least! You can see those deets up above. Nothing out of the ordinary really.

Sports disaster has struck the household as far as high school beach volleyball this weekend. The middle son, freshman and new to the sport, made the team and the eldest, junior and who made all the teams last year, did not. Lots of hard feelings about that yesterday. Thankfully the eldest was convinced to hang in there and focus on indoor and club tryouts as they come up soon.

Should be a busy work day!

Hope you all have a good one!

I hope you have a wonderful week! And I know that your eldest will put his focus on the other seasons - sometimes these trials and tribulations really work out in the end!

Back