The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

If you have to do something...

Sports disaster has struck the household as far as high school beach volleyball this weekend. The middle son, freshman and new to the sport, made the team and the eldest, junior and who made all the teams last year, did not. Lots of hard feelings about that yesterday. Thankfully the eldest was convinced to hang in there and focus on indoor and club tryouts as they come up soon.
For a moment I thought someone had been injured. Injured feelings should heal faster, I hope. (y)

I hope you have a wonderful week! And I know that your eldest will put his focus on the other seasons - sometimes these trials and tribulations really work out in the end!
Thanks Brian! Yea, they do work out in the end. He’ll come around.
For a moment I thought someone had been injured. Injured feelings should heal faster, I hope. (y)
Thankfully no physical injuries! Just some character building 😂

Shave #242 (582 Open Blade Shaves) of 2022:

Gear: Tedalus Essence, Feather Pro blade, Stirling 2-band synth brush, Clown Puke tub soap, homemade witch hazel/aloe mix, LNHV Barber Shoppe post shave elixir, and ADG Profumo to finish!

Bit of a better night’s sleep thankfully. Was a busy day yesterday, catching up from the weekend and making visits. Listened to my gut on doing one impromptu visit and it ended up paying off, as they passed about an hour after. Busy day, but a good day!

Good shave this morning. Deciding whether to swap the blade or go a few more, so the next blade can take me to #600. We’ll see! Finished off with a bountiful amount of Profumo sprays to kickstart my day! 👍

OT workout later this evening. Another busy day ahead!

Hope you all have a great Tuesday!

Shave #243 (583 Open Blade Shaves) of 2022:

Gear: Tedalus Essence, Feather Pro blade, Yaqi Sagrada Familia synth brush, CBL Hombres soap, homemade witch hazel/aloe mix, Pitralon Classic AS, and Prada Luna Rossa to finish!

Ahhh Wednesday! Better nights sleep…but still feeling tired. Very much looking forward to the long, holiday weekend, where I should hopefully get at least one sleep in day.

Good shave this morning. No hull plating damage and a pretty good result! Called up a nice fresh combo for use. Pitralon Classic and Prada LR for a woody, soapy, citrus way to finish things off.

IDT meeting this morning with a helping of office coffee. At least a couple visits to get through…and plenty of busy work!

Hope you all have a great Wednesday!

Hombres + Luna Rossa =

giphy.gif

Shave #244 (584 Open Blade Shaves) of 2022:

Gear: Tedalus Essence, Feather Pro blade, RR Big Bruce synth brush, CBL Hombres soap, homemade witch hazel/aloe mix w/ a splash of Royall Rugby, and Dior Homme ‘20 to finish!

This week is chuggin right along! I remain 💩ed though and fairly low energy.

Good shave this morning. Nothing to report really. Another green and woody combo to carry the day. Royall Rugby really is a great scent! It accentuates DH ‘20 fairly well too!

Lots of busy work to do today. Preparing a short speech on chaplaincy for a volunteer training mid month among multiple other things.

Excessive heat warning for the area for the next 5 days. Not looking forward to that, particularly at home with no AC.

Hope you all have a great Thursday!

Back