The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

If you have to do something...

Shave #235 (575 Open Blade Shaves) of 2022:

Gear: Tedalus Essence, Feather Pro blade, Stirling 2-band synth brush, CBL Hombres soap, homemade witch hazel/aloe mix, LNHC Barber Shopper post shave elixir, and Prada Lā€™Homme + Fine Platinum EDT to finish!

Mish-mosh of shave scents today Acosta 3 easy passes with the Essence. It seems to be holding up fairly well so far with repeated disassembly for wipe down. Finished off with a layering of Prada LH and Fine Platinumā€¦which probably seems like an odd pairingā€¦dark smoky cologne with soapy super fresh/powderā€¦but it seems to work!

Ended up being a bit of a busy day yesterday running around for patient visits. Had a good OT workout in the evening, getting in a little over 2 miles of run time among other things.

Tonight is a cocktail party for work. One of our big fundraisers is an annual regatta put in by the SB Yacht Club. It doesnā€™t happen for another month or so but the cocktail party is like a precursor schmooze event. The missus and I are going to pop in for a bit while the boys are finishing up their beach volleyball try outs this evening.

Have a great Tuesday all!

Tonight is a cocktail party for work. One of our big fundraisers is an annual regatta put in by the SB Yacht Club.
giphy.gif

Tonight is a cocktail party for work. One of our big fundraisers is an annual regatta put in by the SB Yacht Club. It doesnā€™t happen for another month or so but the cocktail party is like a precursor schmooze event. The missus and I are going to pop in for a bit while the boys are finishing up their beach volleyball try outs this evening.
Is it like a black board shorts event or more casual?

No way! Not this guy! šŸ˜‚
Make sure you limit yourself to one drink only..

giphy.gif
Iā€™m generally a one drink guy anyway, no matter the function šŸ˜‰šŸ‘
Is it like a black board shorts event or more casual?
Cocktail casual apparently! First time Iā€™ve ever hear that one. Ie - slacks and button up shirt, maybe a blazer.
I've always avoided these events like the plague, unless attendance was considered mandatory. Hope you all have a good time. :)
Yea, I generally avoid work functions outside of work also. Iā€™m trying to change that a bit with this job, since teamwork is a bit more important than previous jobs.
So which one is it? Black Tie or Yacht baby? I picked the wrong professions - IT never does exciting stuff like that

View attachment 91987

View attachment 91988
No server room raves?! šŸ˜œ

Shave #236 (576 Open Blade Shaves) of 2022:

Gear: Tedalus Essence, Feather Pro blade, Trotter Handcrafts Taurus A brush, Clown Puke tub soap, homemade witch hazel/aloe mix, Skin Bracer AS, and Rochas Moustache EDP + D&G The One to finish!

Just about half way through the weekā€¦itā€™s Wednesday!

Pretty darn good shave this morning. The blade is getting to that usual point where itā€™s a little iffy on the ATG around the chin, but passable. Ended up with a great result still! Layered Moustache EDP with The One to finish up!

Moderately busy day yesterday overallā€¦mostly busy work. The fundraiser cocktail party was a bit lackluster for such a group of movers and shakers but was a decent enough event to spend the 40ish minutes that we did. Plus free wine and appetizers šŸ¤·ā€ā™‚ļøšŸ‘

Kids have their second day of beach tryouts today. Not much else happening as far as I know!

Have a great Wednesday all!

Shave #236 (576 Open Blade Shaves) of 2022:

Gear: Tedalus Essence, Feather Pro blade, Trotter Handcrafts Taurus A brush, Clown Puke tub soap, homemade witch hazel/aloe mix, Skin Bracer AS, and Rochas Moustache EDP + D&G The One to finish!

Just about half way through the weekā€¦itā€™s Wednesday!

Pretty darn good shave this morning. The blade is getting to that usual point where itā€™s a little iffy on the ATG around the chin, but passable. Ended up with a great result still! Layered Moustache EDP with The One to finish up!

Moderately busy day yesterday overallā€¦mostly busy work. The fundraiser cocktail party was a bit lackluster for such a group of movers and shakers but was a decent enough event to spend the 40ish minutes that we did. Plus free wine and appetizers šŸ¤·ā€ā™‚ļøšŸ‘

Kids have their second day of beach tryouts today. Not much else happening as far as I know!

Have a great Wednesday all!
Have a great one, Chris! šŸ˜

giphy.gif

I hope there's no swimming going on up there with all the sharks. Friends down near San Diego are saying you can see at least one a day if you head down to the beach. Relatives near Eureka say they see more than one a day.

The fundraiser cocktail party was a bit lackluster for such a group of movers and shakers but was a decent enough event to spend the 40ish minutes that we did. Plus free wine and appetizers
Man, this guy is a tough crowd. Gear at cocktail hour..."Well, I generally prefer my oyster from Maine and my caviar from the black sea. Apparently, those must not have been available. BTW, does anyone know if this champagne is vintage?"

I hope there's no swimming going on up there with all the sharks. Friends down near San Diego are saying you can see at least one a day if you head down to the beach. Relatives near Eureka say they see more than one a day.
I havenā€™t heard anything major in these partsā€¦we arenā€™t much more than shoreline and up to the waist types anyway šŸ˜‚
Man, this guy is a tough crowd. Gear at cocktail hour..."Well, I generally prefer my oyster from Maine and my caviar from the black sea. Apparently, those must not have been available. BTW, does anyone know if this champagne is vintage?"
Wellā€¦sometimes you gotta push the envelope on whatā€™s considered appropriate for ā€œfreeā€. šŸ˜‚

Maybe it kicked into gear after you left? Enough wine and cocktails can sometimes have that effect. Hope your kids do well in the tryouts!

Back