The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

If you have to do something...

Really behind on my sermon now and it’s coming down to the wire. Had a bunch of unexpected online annual training modules show up into my work profile that I had to knock out…took me the better part of the work day. Ew! Really hoping to get some sermon work done tonight.
Boom, there's your sermon. How your religion is part of your everyday life and just because you're not in church doesn't mean you're not worshiping. You're welcome.

Yea 😂 learn this stuff on how to help the company and work together…alone, online. 😂
Boom, there's your sermon. How your religion is part of your everyday life and just because you're not in church doesn't mean you're not worshiping. You're welcome.
And that is totally true! We’ve talked about that a lot recently. This week though we’re on the Psalms, so that’s a no go 😂

Shave #232 (572 Open Blade Shaves) of 2022:

Gear: Tedalus Essence, Feather Pro blade, Spartan Burl brush, CBL Hombres soap, homemade witch hazel/aloe mix, Myrsol Agua Di Limon AS, and Dior Homme Cologne to finish!

Typical Saturday in progress…mostly! OT workout this morning, trying to run my butt off and get some miles towards the Marathon Month goal. Baked treat and coffee after.

Then back home to get chores going. The older kids went off to the beach with some friends to get some volleyball practice in. The missus went to a baby shower. The youngest stayed home to play games. And dad is plugging away at more chores and sermon. Le sigh!

Great cleanup and shave between laundry sets at least. Nice warm water setup for 3 passes. Finished off with the lemony goodness combo of Myrsol ADL and DHC! So good!

If I can make some decent headway on laundry and sermon, we may meet some friends this afternoon for more beach and chill time. We’ll see!

Hope you all are having a great Saturday!

Shave #233 (573 Open Blade Shaves) of 2022:

Gear: Tedalus Essence, Feather Pro blade, Graydog Art Deco brush, Clown Puke tub soap, homemade witch hazel/aloe mix, CBL Barba AST, and YSL Rive Gauche to finish!

Beautiful Sunday morning here in SB, with grey skies and a nice marine layer blanketing the coast. Temps should be a little cooler this coming week which is great!

Great shave this morning using some of my favorite scents in the game! I’m trying a new “tactic” for the Feather Pro in use currently…that is flipping the blade each time I load it back up (I’ve been disassembling the blade holder portion every use so it can dry good). We’ll see if there are any perceived benefits. CBL Barba AST and Rive Gauche FTW!

All chores are done. The sermon reached a decent stopping point. Should be a nice day!

Have a blessed Sunday all!

Shave #234 (574 Open Blade Shaves) of 2022:

Gear: Tedalus Essence, Feather Pro blade, Yaqi Rainbow w/ pony synth brush, Clown Puke tub soap, homemade witch hazel/aloe mix, Fine Platinum AS, and Dior Homme Original to finish!

It’s an even more beautiful morning than yesterday…with even cooler temps and thicker marine layer/fog! At least this week has something going for it, because the weekend felt criminally short! 😂

Great shave this morning! Not a whole lot to report. Used some warmer/darker scents to open the week, with Fine Platinum AS and DHO. Smelling good and ready to face this Monday!

Not sure all what’s in the mix for the day. I do have some notes to prepare for meetings this week. There’s an OT workout later. Guess I’ll be finding out whatever else!

First full week back at it for the kids and they’re raring to go!

Have a great Monday all!

Back