The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

If you have to do something...

Chris....6 weeks from now...

While I’d like to look a fit more fit and less dad-bod…I don’t think I’d ever want to end up like that. Nothing on body builders or super fitness buffs…but it leads to a lot of trouble later on down the road.

Shave #229 (569 Open Blade Shaves) of 2022:

Gear: Tedalus Essence, Feather Pro blade, Graydog Art Deco brush, Clown Puke tub soap, homemade witch hazel/aloe mix, Proraso Red AS, and Dior Sauvage EDT to finish!

Pretty good shave this morning! One more to go on this blade. Finished up with a nice woody fresh n blue combo.

Was a busy day yesterday between visits and paperwork for this morning’s IDT meeting. Today shouldn’t be too bad.

I do need to get some more work done on Sunday’s sermon though. Psalm 136! I should get some time to make more progress later this afternoon.

The family watched the new Lightyear movie on Disney+. Not bad! Plenty of funny moments and a neat “origins” story.

Have a great Wednesday all!

Have a great one Chris! 😁

giphy.gif

Shave #230 (570 Open Blade Shaves) of 2022:

Gear: Tedalus Essence, Feather Pro blade, Yaqi Moka synth brush, CBL Hombres soap, homemade witch hazel/aloe mix, Speick AS, and Prada L’Homme + Fine American Blend to finish!

Ended up being a bit busier than expected yesterday…but here we are…on to the next one!

The Pro blade made its 20th shave and is ready to get gone. Decent enough results and no blood loss, just maybe not the most comfortable blade feel. Finished up with a fresh/fougere combo of Prada L’Homme overlayed by Fine AB! Excellent!

I did the dinner and parenting thing last night while the missus got to go see a concert locally with a friend who had tickets - Robert Plant and Alison Kraus! Lucky! I didn’t even get a t-shirt out of the deal 😵🤷‍♂️

Hope you all have a great Thursday!

Robert Plant and Alison Kraus
I remember when they did their first collaboration together - and I was thinking, Ok, I’ve heard Dread Zeppelin - but how is this going to work - but they pulled it off! That probably would have been a great concert. I know you didn’t get a T-shirt - but you did get a Tedalus and Stand my man- you’re still ahead in the game!

I remember when they did their first collaboration together - and I was thinking, Ok, I’ve heard Dread Zeppelin - but how is this going to work - but they pulled it off! That probably would have been a great concert. I know you didn’t get a T-shirt - but you did get a Tedalus and Stand my man- you’re still ahead in the game!
With what concert t-shirts cost, consider yourself lucky. You saved money, which can now be spent on shaving gear.
True…and true…hmmmmmmmmm 🤔😂

Shave #231 (571 Open Blade Shaves) of 2022:

Gear: Tedalus Essence, Feather Pro blade, Yaqi Sagrada Familia synth brush, Clown Puke tub soap, homemade witch hazel/aloe mix, Old Spice AS, and Rochas Moustache EDP + D&G The One to finish!

First day of school for the kids…and last day for the week? 😂 It’s Friday!

Superb shave this morning with a fresh Feather Pro. 3 smooth passes for an excellent result. Finished up with layers of Old Spice, Moustache EDP, and The One! So good!

Really behind on my sermon now and it’s coming down to the wire. Had a bunch of unexpected online annual training modules show up into my work profile that I had to knock out…took me the better part of the work day. Ew! Really hoping to get some sermon work done tonight.

Almost to that weekend! Happy Friday y’all!

Back