The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

If you have to do something...

I've checked his insurance. He's on his own.
What?! No pro bono work for the less fortunate?!
Usually friday's recharge my batteries....this friday I'm dragging.
View attachment 91164
It's a free country, Steve. Just be yourself. Nice lipstick, BTW. (y)
😂 that was great.
You on the other hand have great insurance, Bruce and I will be right over for your sponge bath!
That not so much 😵🤢

Shave #225 (565 Open Blade Shaves) of 2022:

Gear: Tedalus Essence, Feather Pro blade, Paladin Harlequin Chief 26mm brush, CBL Hombres soap, homemade witch hazel/aloe mix, LNHC Barber Shoppe post shave elixir, and Penhaligon’s Sartorial clone oil + Versace Pour Homme to finish!

Typical Saturday in progress! OT workout this morning, followed by some baked goodies and a nice cuppa joe…then back home to adult.

Pretty decent warm water shave. My nat hair brushes haven’t been seeing much love at all since the move last year…so I figured to bring out the Paladin. Not the best lather. Could be the hard water but it’s more likely I’m just out of practice. Synths are just way to easy and good. Still got good results. Gonna see if this blade can last one more week. Finished off with some super freshies.

A couple more loads of laundry to take care of…then the rest of the day should be fairly chill. I almost forgot that I’m due to preach next weekend…so may get a toe’s length head start on that later, we’ll see.

Hope you all are having a great Saturday!

Shave #226 (565 Open Blade Shaves) of 2022:

Gear: Tedalus Essence, Feather Pro blade, Trotter Handcrafts Taurus A brush, Clown Puke tub soap, homemade witch hazel/aloe mix, Fine Platinum AS, and ADP Colonia Intensa to finish!

Bit of a rough night’s sleep…not sure what was goin on with that. No matter now, cause this Sunday morning is off and running!

Good shave this morning. Not a whole lot to report. Good result and smelling good too!

Looking forward to my cuppa joe this morning…that’s for sure!

Have a blessed Sunday all!

Shave #227 (567 Open Blade Shaves) of 2022:

Gear: Tedalus Essence, Feather Pro blade, Yaqi Rainbow w/ pony synth brush, Clown Puke tub soap, homemade witch hazel/aloe mix, CC Venture AS, and Dior Homme Sport ‘19 to finish!

Monday already?
0B93D3F0-3689-4C5D-9464-30E7257C6D87.gif

Good shave this morning at least. Gonna see if I can push this blade through to 20 shaves…it’s just about done though. Finished up with CC Venture and DHS’19. Works nice since Venture is a bit more fruity than Fine Platinum.

Some change up in the routine this week as the kids get ready to go back to school Friday. Volleyball practicing starting back up, picking up school schedules and finding classes, etc. Summer is closing up fast!

Finished the 🤯 conclusion of Stranger Things s4 last night! Holy Guacamole! Great season all around, plenty of craziness, and a couple unseen twists. Kate Bush got a teensy bit overplayed…but I guess if you bought the permissions, you gotta use em! 😂 A shame that Eddy’s character couldn’t make it out of the season, but at least they sent him off well. Should be interesting to see how the finale season all goes down, now that everyone is going to know the truth.

Also finished up Ms Marvel. Decent teen series overall. A bit lackluster in its build up and climax for the season, but good characters and decent storyline. I don’t see this iteration of the character hitting the big screen anytime soon though.

Have a great Monday all!

the kids get ready to go back to school Friday
That’s a bummer - here’s your week - oh - you have to start Friday. We have back to school meeting today and then start Wednesday - which again - not sure why mid week - as they say - if it were to be done, ‘tis best it were done quickly - let’s go!

Also finished up Ms Marvel. Decent teen series overall. A bit lackluster in its build up and climax for the season, but good characters and decent storyline. I don’t see this iteration of the character hitting the big screen anytime soon though.
Ms. Marvel is going to be in The Marvels...release date July 28, 2023.

That’s a bummer - here’s your week - oh - you have to start Friday. We have back to school meeting today and then start Wednesday - which again - not sure why mid week - as they say - if it were to be done, ‘tis best it were done quickly - let’s go!
Yea, it’s weird…I guess it’s a dip-the-toe-in period before the real trauma starts 😂
Oh WTHeck, go for 50. If you're willing to push through to 20, keep it going! ;)
I’ll gladly send it to you to carry on the torch! 😜
Ms. Marvel is going to be in The Marvels...release date July 28, 2023.
Hooo boy…I hope it’s either a different actress or there’s some dramatic improvements then! The current actress is OK, but the range just isn’t there like it has been for, let’s say, the Spider-Man crew.

Shave #228 (568 Open Blade Shaves) of 2022:

Gear: Tedalus Essence, Feather Pro blade, Stirling 2-band synth brush, CBL Hombres soap, homemade witch hazel/aloe mix w/ dash of Royall Rugby, and Prada Luna Rossa to finish!

Rough workout last night! Lots of running and weight sets. And it was so hot in the studio! I haven’t sweat that much in a while…that kind where you’re just dripping and can’t hold on to anything 😂 Feelin it a little bit this morning!

Good shave this morning. A tad bit better than yesterday’s. One count closer to 20! Finished up with a nice, fresh, green n citrusy combo.

Hope you all have a good Tuesday out there in the wide world!

Back