The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

If you have to do something...

Shave #218 (558 Open Blade Shaves) of 2022:

Gear: Tedalus Essence, Feather Pro blade, Graydog Art Deco brush, CBL Hombres soap, homemade witch hazel/aloe mix, Speick AS, and Tom Ford Beau De Jour PB to finish!

Non-typical Saturday in progress. Still had an OT workout and picked up a coffee pick-me-up. But then it was back home to cleanup and get ready to head out.

Great warm shave today. The Essence and even the iffy Feather fired on all cylinders and provided an excellent result. Kept the scent palette fairly clean and simple so I could have my first full wearing of TF BDJ, the private blend version! Beautiful, deep but clean, fougere barbershop scent. Definitely much richer than Rive Gauche and a tad darker…as far as 🐐status…BDJ might just be on par with the king! Hoping the longevity is decent!

Heading out on our first trip to Solvang now, to go meet my sister-in-law and her family for some walking around and baked treats!

Hope you’re all having a great Saturday!

Enjoy your Saturday Chris!
Thanks Brian! It was good while it lasted…a bit warm but it was nice to say we’ve experienced Solvang. I can’t see going back more than once a year though. We got to see some family at least and eat some treats.

Back home now for some chill and I get to do laundry. Hopefully an episode or two of Stranger Things later.

Thanks Brian! It was good while it lasted…a bit warm but it was nice to say we’ve experienced Solvang. I can’t see going back more than once a year though. We got to see some family at least and eat some treats.

Back home now for some chill and I get to do laundry. Hopefully an episode or two of Stranger Things later.
An old man and his wife called having sex 'doing the laundry' (which is what made me think of it} and they were arguing. In an attempt to make peace she said 'honey, let's not fight - shall we go and do the laundry?'
'It was only a small load - i did it by hand'

T

An old man and his wife called having sex 'doing the laundry' (which is what made me think of it} and they were arguing. In an attempt to make peace she said 'honey, let's not fight - shall we go and do the laundry?'
'It was only a small load - i did it by hand'

T
Yes, definitely doing the actual laundry…but that’s funny. The weird unassuming innuendo that people invent and hang on to 😂

Shave #219 (559 Open Blade Shaves) of 2022:

Gear: Tedalus Essence, Feather Pro blade, Yaqi Moka synth brush, Clown Puke tub soap, homemade witch hazel/aloe mix, Barbasol Pacific Rush AS, and Chanel Bleu De Chanel EDP to finish!

Little bit of a sleep-in this morning, wish it could have been more…but time to get ready for church!

Great shave this morning, perhaps the best of the whole week, even over yesterday’s warm water shave. Nice blue combo to finish things up - Barbasol Pacific Rush for a little blue menthol hit and some generous spritzes of BDC EDP. I’d be hard pressed to pick the overall best blue frag between the classic Sauvage and BDC…Sauvage (at least the EDT) is a little more youthful and fresh, while BDC (EDP) is a bit more mature and less brash/more gentlemanly. Both so good!

All chores were able to be accomplished yesterday which means a free day today, post service! So thankful!

Have a blessed Sunday all!

Back