The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

If you have to do something...

Shave #220 (560 Open Blade Shaves) of 2022:

Gear: Tedalus Essence, Feather Pro blade, Stirling 2-band synth brush, CBL Hombres soap, homemade witch hazel/aloe mix, LNHC Barber Shopper post shave elixir, and Acqua Di Parma Colonia to finish!

Man, that was a quick weekend! Le sigh. Overall a good one though I guess.

Great shave to start the worst day of the week…Monday! No mishaps thankfully. A nice, clean, soapy combo to take the morning, with a plethora of Colonia spritzes to get me through the work day.

Let’s see what happens!

Shave #220 (560 Open Blade Shaves) of 2022:

Gear: Tedalus Essence, Feather Pro blade, Stirling 2-band synth brush, CBL Hombres soap, homemade witch hazel/aloe mix, LNHC Barber Shopper post shave elixir, and Acqua Di Parma Colonia to finish!

Man, that was a quick weekend! Le sigh. Overall a good one though I guess.

Great shave to start the worst day of the week…Monday! No mishaps thankfully. A nice, clean, soapy combo to take the morning, with a plethora of Colonia spritzes to get me through the work day.

Let’s see what happens!
giphy.gif

We're twinsies with the CBL Hombres!!!

Heading out on our first trip to Solvang now, to go meet my sister-in-law and her family for some walking around and baked treats!
Ebelskivers!!!!!

That's one of the things that's drawing me back to the central coast next year.........awesome food.

Sadly, you smell correctly 😢
First @MarkB now you with the Acqua di Parma? All the cool guys are smellin‘ great today!
Yep, all the cool kids are doing it!
D9C5436F-D1D4-49E7-9A4D-E711645F5CED.gif
We're twinsies with the CBL Hombres!!!

Ebelskivers!!!!!

That's one of the things that's drawing me back to the central coast next year.........awesome food.
Awesome soap choice today, if I do say so myself!

Didn’t get any ebelskivers this time around…but did pick up a variety of almond goodies, which is one of my favorite baked treat flavors!

Shave #221 (561 Open Blade Shaves) of 2022:

Gear: Tedalus Essence, Feather Pro blade, Yaqi Sagrada Familia synth brush, CBL Hombres soap, homemade witch hazel/aloe mix, Pitralon Classic AS, and Acqua Di Gio Profumo to finish!

Welp…it ain’t Monday no mo! Not that it was a bad day…just a lot of catch up and communications and charting…ew!

Great shave this morning! When with some fresher, lighter scent again. Glad to have reached 10 shaves on the Feather Pro so far…I’d feel gypped if it’d ended up being less…I don’t know why. Went with Profumo to seal the deal, since it’s a great masculine scent but just light and neutral enough that it probably won’t interfere with application of another scent later this evening because…

Today marks 19 years of marriage with the missus! What a ride it’s been so far! We got married fairly young and have been through a lot together; I’m blessed to have her! So I’ve secretly ordered flowers and a card to be delivered to her offices today and we’ll be going out for a nice dinner later.

Have a great Tuesday all!

Shave #221 (561 Open Blade Shaves) of 2022:

Gear: Tedalus Essence, Feather Pro blade, Yaqi Sagrada Familia synth brush, CBL Hombres soap, homemade witch hazel/aloe mix, Pitralon Classic AS, and Acqua Di Gio Profumo to finish!

Welp…it ain’t Monday no mo! Not that it was a bad day…just a lot of catch up and communications and charting…ew!

Great shave this morning! When with some fresher, lighter scent again. Glad to have reached 10 shaves on the Feather Pro so far…I’d feel gypped if it’d ended up being less…I don’t know why. Went with Profumo to seal the deal, since it’s a great masculine scent but just light and neutral enough that it probably won’t interfere with application of another scent later this evening because…

Today marks 19 years of marriage with the missus! What a ride it’s been so far! We got married fairly young and have been through a lot together; I’m blessed to have her! So I’ve secretly ordered flowers and a card to be delivered to her offices today and we’ll be going out for a nice dinner later.

Have a great Tuesday all!
Happy Anniversary to you and Mrs. Noir!!! 🥳🎉

That's terrific, congratulations to you both! :)

Happy Anniversary to you and Mrs. Noir!!! 🥳🎉
Thanks Mark!
The only gifs I can find for Happy Anniversary have teddy bears and hearts so that would be weird coming from me…..so Happy Anniversary!
You have chosen wisely! 😂
Thanks Brian!
Happy Anniversary. 19 years is solid. The next few years are the milestone years....20 and then 25. Have a pleasant dinner and evening.
Thanks Steven! Yes, the missus is already talking European “getaway trip” for the 20th. 😵
BA096F0C-A80C-4119-A6AD-38F7461E348B.gif
That's terrific, congratulations to you both! :)
Thanks Bruce!

Thanks Steven! Yes, the missus is already talking European “getaway trip” for the 20th. 😵
Our 30th European trip was canceled when the pandemic hit.....we still have 5 months before the actual day so we may reschedule something.....we'll see.

Shave #222 (562 Open Blade Shaves) of 2022:

Gear: Tedalus Essence, Feather Pro blade, Trotter Handcrafts Taurus A brush, Clown Puke tub soap, homemade witch hazel/aloe mix, Fine Platinum AS, and Dior Sauvage EDT to finish!

Thanks again for all the anniversary well wishes! It was a nice evening out for a few hours, just the missus and me - some drinks, a nice dinner, and a yummy dessert.

Good shave this morning! Not a whole lot different to report. Used slightly darker scents, but still kept it fresh by finishing off with Sauvage EDT!

OT workout later this evening and hopefully another ST episode! We’re slowly wading our way through to the finale! A bit more of a slasher/shocker season than the others, but still great! Finally saw the “Kate Bush” scene with Max and Vecna…well done! The only thing I’ve really noticed that’s weird is it feels like many of the scenes this season have some timing issues. Some scenes will start in what looks like broad daylight and then they’ll finish in the even or night, even though it feels like the characters have only done (relative to their time line) maybe an hour’s worth of stuff. A weird cinematic choice. Still great overall!

Have a great Wednesday all!

Last edited:
Back