The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

If you have to do something...

The 80’s Rocked Youngster! Mullets, trucker hats, white socks with stripes that were knee high. What more could you ask for?
Can't say I ever sported a mullet or a trucker hat, but I did have the socks, though never wore short pants with them! What more could I ask for? A time machine to take me back to the 70s, please. When men were dudes, and the women were chicks. And pot was legal, or many people acted as though it was.

Shave #214 (554 Open Blade Shaves) of 2022:

Gear: Tedalus Essence, Feather Pro blade, Stirling 2-band synth brush, CBL Hombres soap, homemade witch hazel/aloe mix w/ dash of Royall Muske, and Dior Sauvage EDT to finish!

Tuesday…it’s only saving grace is that it’s not Monday!

Great shave this morning. You know the drill. 3 passes with the Essence over a great lather from Hombres. No AS per se, but a dash of Royall Muske mixed in with the witch hazel. A few spritzes of Sauvage and I’m ready to go!

I got my final results back from my annual review. Great marks, but the merit pay increase was a bit meager, but at least it was something. Still no word on my request for a raise based on my increased responsibilities.

Jam packed day ahead!

Have a great Tuesday all!

Dude works for a non-profeit
Non-profit simply means that the there is no excess profit after expenses. Have a google around at some of the salaries that heads of non-profit and not-for-profit organizations pull in.

I got my final results back from my annual review. Great marks, but the merit pay increase was a bit meager, but at least it was something. Still no word on my request for a raise based on my increased responsibilities.
Been waiting on my performance review for 5 months. And have taken on 3 more responsibilities in that time. If they paid me what my job was worth, I'd get 3 paychecks. I'll be lucky if they give me a dollar an hour bump.

Great shave and fantastic on your annual review (although we all here - know you’re the man!)…….I hope you get the $ you deserve with the new responsibilities!
Thanks Brian!
In business, praise is easy to give out, but how much to mean to them is 100% reflected in compensation. Money talks.
Yea…they used to be slow with praise too…but they’re getting better. 😂
Dude works for a non-profeit
It true! Still, I’ve been saving them some money by them not needing to hire any replacement for the person who’s duties I’ve taken over. I’d think a few extra bucks would be OK 😂
Been waiting on my performance review for 5 months. And have taken on 3 more responsibilities in that time. If they paid me what my job was worth, I'd get 3 paychecks. I'll be lucky if they give me a dollar an hour bump.
Then, we commiserate together! 🤝
Congratulations on the great review. To put things into perspective, many places of employment do not offer merit pay. Hospitals can be especially stingy.
Thank Bruce! I’m sure I’m fortunate in some aspects then…most of the places I’ve worked have always given some kind of annual increase, whether it was deemed merit increase or cost of living increase.

Shave #215 (555 Open Blade Shaves) of 2022:

Gear: Tedalus Essence, Feather Pro blade, Yaqi Rainbow w/ pony synth brush, Clown Puke tub soap, homemade witch hazel/aloe mix, Speick AS, and Dior Homme Parfum to finish!

D1F47C66-C908-46F8-B5C1-F12497B643FC.gif

Great shave this morning. One of my routine setups…but capped it off with a darker, powerhouse frag to be daring. Parfum would definitely qualify as a cold weather scent for 99.9% of people. If you did a full wearing in hot, summer weather, you could easily choke out an office. But if you’re veeeery careful with a few little spritzes, the time of year doesn’t really matter!

You might notice I’m posting a bit earlier than usual. Lots of meetings to get through today, including an extra morning one that dragged me out of bed a bit earlier than usual.

OT workout later tonight…and we finally watched the first episode of ST s4 last night…crazy!

Anyway, off to it! Have a great Wednesday all!

Back