The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

If you have to do something...

Sounds like it was a fantastic evening with your better half! Happy for that!

My Hellfire Club (Sauvage) tribute is in the area - so I should have it soon - it went to DC instead of Baltimore sorting facility - so it will get bounced around for a day or so, but hopefully here by Friday, along with the brush I got to match. I’ll do a tribute shave for you and all you ST groupies out there!

My Hellfire Club (Sauvage) tribute is in the area - so I should have it soon - it went to DC instead of Baltimore sorting facility - so it will get bounced around for a day or so, but hopefully here by Friday, along with the brush I got to match. I’ll do a tribute shave for you and all you ST groupies out there!
Thanks Brian!

Roll on!
CC7CFFDE-A2FA-4197-9F7D-F7FED1924558.gif

Some scenes will start in what looks like broad daylight and then they’ll finish in the even or night, even though it feels like the characters have only done (relative to their time line) maybe an hour’s worth of stuff
I spot things like that as well. I choose to ignore them and simply go with it.

I’ll be watching for the review. I think PAA has an homage too. I need to go someplace and sniff Sauvage. Are there two or am I confused?

I’ll be watching for the review. I think PAA has an homage too. I need to go someplace and sniff Sauvage. Are there two or am I confused?
There are two - the popular one is Christian Dior Sauvage EdT which is known as the Johnny Depp frag (he does all their commercials). They also have an EdP, a Parfum, and an Elixer. It is a modern “blue” frag - heavy on the ambroxin which makes it project and last longer. @GearNoir is a big fan of this side.

You’re right PAA has an homage, their Doppelgänger Black label. Stirling has one - called Scarn. And Oleo Soap Company (which I believe now goes by Chicago Grooming) has one as well - called Empire.

This Hellfire Club is a tribute to this one (and to the Netflix Show Stranger Things😂)

The other one is also by Christian Dior and that is called Eau Sauvage - they offer it in EdT (which is my second favorite frag of all time), a Parfum, and an Extreme (there were other flankers but not in production right now; I have to check there was also Eau Sauvage Cologne - but the EdT is light and can be used all year round - even in the summer though - so I think it got dropped because it was redundant)……

This Eau Sauvage is old school - originally released in the 60’s and is a classic Chypre (fougueres and barbershops are in the same family)…..you can tell it is old school but it isn’t dated.

The homages that I know of are Wholly Kaw’s Fern Concerto and Extra Cosmesi O Selvaggio

So you have to decide - do you want to be cool like @GearNoir or way, way cooler like me 😂

I spot things like that as well. I choose to ignore them and simply go with it.
I tried for a while…but it keeps happening! 😂 Thankfully just a minor annoyance.
There are two - the popular one is Christian Dior Sauvage EdT which is known as the Johnny Depp frag (he does all their commercials). They also have an EdP, a Parfum, and an Elixer. It is a modern “blue” frag - heavy on the ambroxin which makes it project and last longer. @GearNoir is a big fan of this side.

You’re right PAA has an homage, their Doppelgänger Black label. Stirling has one - called Scarn. And Oleo Soap Company (which I believe now goes by Chicago Grooming) has one as well - called Empire.

This Hellfire Club is a tribute to this one (and to the Netflix Show Stranger Things😂)

The other one is also by Christian Dior and that is called Eau Sauvage - they offer it in EdT (which is my second favorite frag of all time), a Parfum, and an Extreme (there were other flankers but not in production right now; I have to check there was also Eau Sauvage Cologne - but the EdT is light and can be used all year round - even in the summer though - so I think it got dropped because it was redundant)……

This Eau Sauvage is old school - originally released in the 60’s and is a classic Chypre (fougueres and barbershops are in the same family)…..you can tell it is old school but it isn’t dated.

The homages that I know of are Wholly Kaw’s Fern Concerto and Extra Cosmesi O Selvaggio

So you have to decide - do you want to be cool like @GearNoir or way, way cooler like me 😂
Yes, two different Sauvages, very different! And of course, in true Dior style, each iteration within the two different lines also have a number of subtle differences.

I keep meaning to try Eau Sauvage EDP…I think the EDT would be a bit redundant for me at this point though with the small range of citrus frags I already have. Didn’t know there was an ES Cologne! I’ve never seen that talked about!

ES Cologne
Instead of the silver band on the bottle - it has a white one - from what few videos I’ve seen and looking it up on Fragrantica - seems that it would be in the same ilk as the EdT - but even lighter.

Eau Sauvage EDP
I have this as well as the EdT. It is very well done - but IMO even more “old school” like than the original - it is a somewhat “heavy” frag - I don’t think I’d try wearing it in the summer heat. It does last forever

OMG … that’s a ton of info. Well, the only fu-fu I wear is Aramis. I use aftershave for scent most of the time. So maybe …

So you have to decide - do you want to be cool like @GearNoir or way, way cooler like me
You mean young and hip or living in the past?

OT workout later this evening and hopefully another ST episode! We’re slowly wading our way through to the finale! A bit more of a slasher/shocker season than the others, but still great! Finally saw the “Kate Bush” scene with Max and Vecna…well done! The only thing I’ve really noticed that’s weird is it feels like many of the scenes this season have some timing issues. Some scenes will start in what looks like broad daylight and then they’ll finish in the even or night, even though it feels like the characters have only done (relative to their time line) maybe an hour’s worth of stuff. A weird cinematic choice. Still great overall!
Have you ever seen an 80s slasher flick? The inconsistencies you speak of are all over the place in that genre of movies. Glad you are enjoying Stranger Things. I feel this season was the best by far!

Have you ever seen an 80s slasher flick? The inconsistencies you speak of are all over the place in that genre of movies. Glad you are enjoying Stranger Things. I feel this season was the best by far!
True enough! Maybe it’s purposeful after all! 😂

The series has been getting better and better I think. I feel like I enjoy the first series the most, to some extent, because for what it was at the time it came out, it was so very new, very different from anything else going on.

Shave #223 (563 Open Blade Shaves) of 2022:

Gear: Tedalus Essence, Feather Pro blade, Yaqi Rainbow w/ pony synth brush, CBL Hombres soap, homemade witch hazel/aloe mix, Pitralon Classic AS, and Dior Homme ‘20 to finish!

It’s Thursday already! Sweet!

Last night’s OT class went pretty well. Since it’s Marathon Month, I’m working on improving my tread game…slightly more challenging paces for longer periods. So far so good!

Great shave this morning! Still a ways to go on this Hombres soap. It doesn’t look like much in the tub, but it’s density makes up for that. Finished up with a woody fresh combo of Pitralon Classic and DH ‘20!

Another meeting this morning, some online trainings to try and catch up on, and who knows what else is in store!

Have a great Thursday all!

Back