The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

If you have to do something...

Shave #211 (551 Open Blade Shaves) of 2022:

Gear: Tedalus Essence, Feather Pro blade, Spartan Burl brush, CBL Hombres soap, homemade witch hazel/aloe mix, 4711 AS, and Versace Pour Homme + Prada L’Homme to finish!

Typical Saturday in progress…it’s been a while! OT workout this morning. The Marathon event is this next month, where all of our in-class tread time counts towards our various chosen running goals (half, full, and I forget the other two top tiers). The missus and I have chosen to do the full which is 26.2 miles. A tough goal for me because looking at last month’s total in-class distance…I only did about 10-11 miles in 8 classes. Anyway…it’s one of those everyone wins things, so we get a hat at the end as our swag.

Back to today…out for coffee and a backed good, then some much needed grocery shopping, before heading back home and getting the chores going.

After a sizable hiatus…well over a month I think…it was time to bring the Essence back out! Fresh Feather Pro blade just melted the 30+ hour stubble away. Only a couple little nicks on some stubborn follicles, otherwise a superb shave! Finished off with some super fresh scents - 4711 AS and layered spritzes of Versace PH + Prada L’Homme!

More laundry to do but everything else is done for the day! The kids are taking their game time, but later will be an episode or two of Stranger Things, as we slowly meander our way to watching the newest season (finally!).

Hope you’re all having a great Saturday!

Shave #212 (552 Open Blade Shaves) of 2022:

Gear: Tedalus Essence, Feather Pro blade, RR Big Bruce brush, Clown Puke tub soap, homemade witch hazel/aloe mix, Fine American Blend AS, and YSL Rive Gauche to finish!

Woke up before my alarm…booooo!

Great shave this morning. Less nicks than yesterday! Almost could have skipped the entire WTG shave since I was still nearly BBS in some spots…but where’s the enjoyment in that?! Full 3 passes with the Essence. Decided to do one of my favorite finishing combos today - Fine AB AS and topped off with the OG 🐐 YSL Rive Gauche! Still keeping my eyes peeled for a good deal on more or a bottle of Beau De Jour…just haven’t found that killer deal yet.

Church this morning, with a side of coffee, and an otherwise free day ahead with the family!

Have a blessed Sunday all!

Still keeping my eyes peeled for a good deal on more or a bottle of Beau De Jour…just haven’t found that killer deal yet.
Ask and you shall receive I guess (I know, that verse has actually very little relevance to this 😂) but I seem to have found my BDJ deal afterall!

With luck, I’ll have a 50ml decant of the Private Blend version being shipped out to me tomorrow!

Shave #213 (553 Open Blade Shaves) of 2022:

Gear: Tedalus Essence, Feather Pro blade, Yaqi Moka synth brush, CBL Hombres soap, homemade witch hazel/aloe mix, LNHC Barbershoppe post shave elixir, and Dior Homme Sport ‘19 to finish!

Ugh, Monday…got here all too fast!

Great shave to start off the day/week! Dialing the Essence back in little by little…less hull plating damage today as Rich might say. Finished up with LNHV post shave elixir and DHS ‘19!

Busy day ahead, as I catch up from the weekend and have a solid number of visitations to accomplish!

Last night we finished the action packed Stranger Things season 3, by watching “Battle at Starcourt”. It’s been fun to get the refresher! Now we’re going to be on to the current season. Should be interesting to see how they pull everyone back together!

Have a great Monday all!

Shave #213 (553 Open Blade Shaves) of 2022:

Gear: Tedalus Essence, Feather Pro blade, Yaqi Moka synth brush, CBL Hombres soap, homemade witch hazel/aloe mix, LNHC Barbershoppe post shave elixir, and Dior Homme Sport ‘19 to finish!

Ugh, Monday…got here all too fast!

Great shave to start off the day/week! Dialing the Essence back in little by little…less hull plating damage today as Rich might say. Finished up with LNHV post shave elixir and DHS ‘19!

Busy day ahead, as I catch up from the weekend and have a solid number of visitations to accomplish!

Last night we finished the action packed Stranger Things season 3, by watching “Battle at Starcourt”. It’s been fun to get the refresher! Now we’re going to be on to the current season. Should be interesting to see how they pull everyone back together!

Have a great Monday all!
Hope your Monday isn't too bad, Chris! :)

giphy-downsized-large.gif

Back