The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

If you have to do something...

Shave #204 (550 Open Blade Shaves) of 2022:

Gear: Schick M Adjustable injector, Personna Twin blade, Yaqi Sagrada Familia synth brush, Clown Puke tub soap, homemade witch hazel/aloe mix, Fine Platinum AS, and Fine Platinum EDT!

Busy day yesterday, culminating in a 5 1/2 hour road trip…but made it safely to the in-laws. It is good to see the kids again.

Still feeling pretty wiped, but I’m up this morning. It was nice to still be able to get a shave in. It’s been a while since I’ve used the Fine Platinum combo, but it’s great!

Off to the CarMax appointment soon to bid farewell to the truck. Then a short walk a few dealerships down, to start the paperwork on the Subaru! Hopefully it doesn’t take too long, because otherwise the day is free to enjoy.

Hope you all have a great Saturday!

Shave #205 (550 Open Blade Shaves) of 2022:

Gear: Schick M Adjustable injector, Personna Twin blade, Yaqi Sagrada Familia synth brush, Clown Puke tub soap, homemade witch hazel/aloe mix, Fine Platinum AS, and Fine Platinum EDT!

Up and mostly awake. The Valley air junk is beginning to affect the allergies a bit, something you don’t really think about when heading back inland from the coast. Getting things packed up and ready for the long trip back though.

Great shave! Same setup as yesterday. Nothing really new to report.

I much prefer “checking out” earlier in the day and getting home with some daylight left, than late at night.

Have a blessed Sunday all!

They still have that guideline with a new car that you shouldn’t drive at consistent or high speeds for a long time to break in the engine? If so, that’s going to be a looooong trip home on surface streets.

They still have that guideline with a new car that you shouldn’t drive at consistent or high speeds for a long time to break in the engine? If so, that’s going to be a looooong trip home on surface streets.
They knew we were coming back to SB and they didn’t mention anything, soooo 🤷‍♂️

Drove like a charm!
Love the new Forester! We bought my wife an Outback in 2018 and I got an Impreza hatch in February 2020 right before the world ended, we love Subaru in this household!
I’d totally have done a Outback if it weren’t for the kid-room needed! They look pretty sporty/snazzy!

Shave #206 (550 Open Blade Shaves) of 2022:

Gear: Schick M Adjustable injector, Personna Twin blade, Yaqi Rainbow w/ pony synth brush, CBL Hombres soap, homemade witch hazel/aloe mix, Pitralon Classic AS, and Prada Luna Rossa + Versace Pour Homme to finish!

Home, safe n sound. Still had plenty of time to run some laundry, go out for a bite, and have a movie night at home with everyone. Great way to finish the weekend!

Great shave this morning. Pretty big mish-mosh of scents - deserty, fresh, citrus, green, blue, etc. I don’t know what I was thinking 😂 at least it doesn’t clash too bad. It’s all settling into a nice clean, as the amped up freshness from the Prada kicks up, headed toward the dry down.

Glanced over work emails This morning, looks like I’ve got a lot of catch up to do!

Have a great Monday all!

Back