The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

If you have to do something...

Shave #201 (550 Open Blade Shaves) of 2022:

Gear: Schick M Adjustable injector, Personna Twin blade, Yaqi Rainbow w/ pony synth brush, Clown Puke tub soap, homemade witch hazel/aloe mix, Barbasol Pacific Rush AS, and Sauvage EDT!

Doggie mayhem struck! Last night the dachshund got skunked! Let her out before bed because it seemed that she really had to go…nope just smelled prey. Tried to wash her out as best we could, but the stores weren’t open to be able to get hydrogen peroxide. Her head reeks still 😂🤢 Off to the groomers later!

Great shave at least. Needed some clean, strong scents…since I’ve been smelling skunk for 8+ hours 😵‍💫 Sauvage fits that bill!

OT workout tonight. Another busy day ahead!

Have a great Wednesday all!

Shave #202 (550 Open Blade Shaves) of 2022:

Gear: Schick M Adjustable injector, Personna Twin blade, Trotter Handcrafts Taurus A brush, Clown Puke tub soap, homemade witch hazel/aloe mix, Myrsol Agua De Limon AS, and Dior Homme Cologne!

Great workout last night. Left me pretty tired though, so a bit groggy this morning.

Excellent shave! I’ve been putting off this particular scent combo for a while, waiting for some hotter days. It’s been warm enough this last week and I was inspired by chatter yesterday about DHC and Jimmy Choo…so I went with it! Three pretty good passes (Twin is struggling a bit on the chin) and topped off with Agua De Limon and DHC! Perfectly complimentary pair and powerhouse warm weather combo!

Work busyness continues. Helped someone begin the process yesterday of writing their children some final words.

Countdown to the weekend it feels like…even though it’s only Thursday…

Hope you all have a good one!

I am so thankful there are folks like yourself that can help people at this stage…..you are a good man Charlie Brown
Thanks Brian! It’s difficult work at times, but it has its good moments. This was one of them for sure!
Dude, that's intense. Probably a great thing you have those workouts to relieve some tension! Agree with Brian, I wouldn't pull the football away from you!
Thanks Dave! I think the OT workouts have actually helped out a lot in that regard. Besides the fact that I spend at least half my day sitting or driving around, plus general tension…I’ll bet it’s helping more than I know!

Shave #203 (550 Open Blade Shaves) of 2022:

Gear: Schick M Adjustable injector, Personna Twin blade, Yaqi Rainbow w/ pony synth brush, CBL Hombres soap, homemade witch hazel/aloe mix, Proraso Red AS, and Dior Homme Sport ‘19!

The tiredness continues…hopefully not a sign of my body fighting something off! If so, I don’t have any other symptoms. At least I smell damn good!

Great shave this morning! The Personna Twin continues to struggle on the chin hairs, but does great everywhere else. Weird! Finished off with the nice, woody and citrusy combo of Proraso Red + DHS ‘19! So good!

Soaking in the last moments of childless freedom…by putting in a full work day! 😂 Heading out for the long drive this evening to go reunite. Over last night’s dinner I considered saying to the missus “I wonder if they could take a train next time?” But knew deep in my mind that she’d be horrified at the thought. Hard to say. Anyway, that’s gonna be my weekend gone. Well, plus a sister-in-law had a baby last week, so we get to see the new little one.

Have a great Friday all!

Maybe your chin hairs are made of steel wool?

Don’t rule out the train - when I was your kids age - I love riding - and gives them a sense of independence - your wife may go for it!

Congrats to the SIL!

Over last night’s dinner I considered saying to the missus “I wonder if they could take a train next time?” But knew deep in my mind that she’d be horrified at the thought. Hard to say.
I hear ya. Those "are they old enough" decisions are tough. Our kids tend to always think, of course, they are always old enough to do everything. We've had those conversations with them that there's no rule book for parenting and we just do the best we can too. But flying by themselves, driving into the city the first time, taking the city bus... Always has one of us encouraging the other that it's time and we need to trust them.

Of course I said what I said knowing that momma hen might see it in a different light…..

I remember when I started getting good at competitive swimming (I was about 13 at the time)……I wanted to start distance running to build more endurance…..so my first run outside my normal runs (I lived in the boonies so we had all these non-traveled dirt roads)…….was down Rt 45 from my house to Bucknell University - a little over 5 miles.

Once my dad convinced my mother it was ok - I started running - then I saw that my mother was following me on the other side of the road with her car. She said I shewed her away the whole time, then pretended I didn’t know her….When I got to the university - I, in an extremely manly way, took the $5 my mother offered, while pretending I didn’t know why this weird woman was kissing me on the cheek……..and bought some butterscotch krimpets and sat a table far away from that woman while I enjoyed my independence! 😂

I found the perfect soap for you….I know how the name HAGS cracks you up! And it’s a tribute to Sauvage! And inspired by one of your shows!

1658505027495.png

Hellfire Club is inspired by Netflix TV series Stranger Things Season 4, in loving memory of Eddie Munson.

The fragrance that inspired us for Hellfire Club couldn’t be else than Dior Sauvage. Two rock stars Johnny Depp (Hollywood Vampires) and Eddie Munson (Stranger Things – Hellfire Club) combined together in some point.

HAGS Hellfire Club is a homage to Dior Sauvage released in 2015. This is an aromatic fougere fragrance with top notes of Calabrian bergamot and Pepper; middle notes are Sichuan Pepper, Lavender, Pink Pepper, Vetiver, Patchouli, Geranium and elemibase notes are Ambroxan, Cedar and Labdanum.

Maybe your chin hairs are made of steel wool?

Don’t rule out the train - when I was your kids age - I love riding - and gives them a sense of independence - your wife may go for it!

Congrats to the SIL!
Thanks Bruce!

There’s always that nagging though in the back of the brain that “times are different” and more “dangerous” now. It doesn’t help that I never got to do any of that stuff…and never really needed to because of where we lived growing up. My first taste of freedom was starting to drive at 16. But even that was just to work, school, or to the missus’ (then girlfriend) house.
I hear ya. Those "are they old enough" decisions are tough. Our kids tend to always think, of course, they are always old enough to do everything. We've had those conversations with them that there's no rule book for parenting and we just do the best we can too. But flying by themselves, driving into the city the first time, taking the city bus... Always has one of us encouraging the other that it's time and we need to trust them.
Sage Dave, thanks!
Of course I said what I said knowing that momma hen might see it in a different light…..

I remember when I started getting good at competitive swimming (I was about 13 at the time)……I wanted to start distance running to build more endurance…..so my first run outside my normal runs (I lived in the boonies so we had all these non-traveled dirt roads)…….was down Rt 45 from my house to Bucknell University - a little over 5 miles.

Once my dad convinced my mother it was ok - I started running - then I saw that my mother was following me on the other side of the road with her car. She said I shewed her away the whole time, then pretended I didn’t know her….When I got to the university - I, in an extremely manly way, took the $5 my mother offered, while pretending I didn’t know why this weird woman was kissing me on the cheek……..and bought some butterscotch krimpets and sat a table far away from that woman while I enjoyed my independence! 😂
😂 this is a really funny story!
I found the perfect soap for you….I know how the name HAGS cracks you up! And it’s a tribute to Sauvage! And inspired by one of your shows!

View attachment 89405

Hellfire Club is inspired by Netflix TV series Stranger Things Season 4, in loving memory of Eddie Munson.

The fragrance that inspired us for Hellfire Club couldn’t be else than Dior Sauvage. Two rock stars Johnny Depp (Hollywood Vampires) and Eddie Munson (Stranger Things – Hellfire Club) combined together in some point.

HAGS Hellfire Club is a homage to Dior Sauvage released in 2015. This is an aromatic fougere fragrance with top notes of Calabrian bergamot and Pepper; middle notes are Sichuan Pepper, Lavender, Pink Pepper, Vetiver, Patchouli, Geranium and elemibase notes are Ambroxan, Cedar and Labdanum.
Sweet find! 😮

Back