The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

If you have to do something...

Shave #199 (550 Open Blade Shaves) of 2022:

Gear: Schick M Adjustable injector, Personna Twin blade, Yaqi Rainbow w/ pony synth brush, Clown Puke tub soap, homemade witch hazel/aloe mix, Fine American Blend AS, and Fine American Blend EDT to finish!

The missus made it home safely and had herself a great b-day getaway. Finished the weekend with a nice dinner out. A bit tired this morning, just a draining weekend. But here we go anyway!

Great shave to kick off the day! Nothing particular to report. Just a great result and good, clean scents.

OT workout later this evening. Last week of quiet before we go pick the kids back up and look toward the coming end of summer…only about 1 month left.

Have a great Monday all!

Shave #200 (550 Open Blade Shaves) of 2022:

Gear: Schick M Adjustable injector, Personna Twin blade, Graydog Art Deco brush, CBL Hombres soap, homemade witch hazel/aloe mix, Myrsol K AS, and Prada Luna Rossa + Versace Pour Homme to finish!

Man…busy day yesterday! Felt like I didn’t get to sit down until after we got back home from last night’s OT workout; came home and started on a new puzzle with the missus. So I guess a super productive day? 🤷‍♂️ Dragging a bit this morning though.

Great shave that y’all have seen before. Clean, fresh, and smelling great! The Personna Twin has taken a bit of a downturn…hoping it recovers.

Another busy day ahead today at work as my official new duties began yesterday and today will be a full day at that facility, seeing as many patients as possible.

An official decision has been made on the home front. Saturday will mark the end of an era as it will be the first time in 17 years the Noir household will be without a truck. It’ll get one last hurrah as we go to pick up the kids. Then it’ll be sold off to a local lot and the cash put toward the missus’ new whip. If all goes well, we’ll be driving back home in a brand spanking new Subaru Ascent Touring with all the bells and whistles. Fingers crossed!

Have a great Tuesday all!

My vote for the new car - instead of the Subaru (there’s still time!)

View attachment 89141

And two frags today - must be smellin’ extra awesome for the full day!
I think the hospital and repair bills might tip that toward the “no” vote for the missus.

Thanks Brian! I’m fortunate to not have had any complaints on any of my frags at work yet…but there’s always a first time! 😂

Back