The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

If you have to do something...

Maybe true! Compound this with the distractions of meeting in a public park! šŸ˜‚
I was raised Roman Catholic and went to services with my family every week plus holy obligation days for roughly twenty five years. Heard many sermons. But only one thing has ever stood out, and it was delivered by a guest priest in our parish who was a Jesuit missionary.

ā€œOne must venture love to become wiseā€.

I will never forget that.

:: Services at 10am and 11:30 - Bikinis and Speedos at 10am service only ::

Shave #198 (550 Open Blade Shaves) of 2022:

Gear: Schick M Adjustable injector, Personna Twin blade, Yaqi Rainbow w/ pony synth brush, Clown Puke tub soap, homemade witch hazel/aloe mix, CBL Barba AST, and Dior Homme Parfum to finish!

Woke up way earlier than I wanted, by about an hour. Le sigh.

Great shave this morning at least. The Schick M Adjustable injector could easily be my easy peasy, old age shaver alongside the Tech. The Twin blades are just icing on the cake. No frag layering this time but I did try a unique AS/frag layering. Iā€™ve been trying to find ways to lighten up DHP for more regular use during warmer days. So far Iā€™ve found that lighter or half-sprays and fewer spritzes altogether help a decent bit. Todayā€™s application over Barba gives it a nice, fresher edge, without taking too much away from DHPā€™s deep richness.

Sermon is as good as itā€™s gonna get I think. Ready to head out soon, grab my coffee, and see who shows up!

Missus should be back from her trip this early evening.

Have a blessed Sunday all!

The loss of ritualistic joy, joyousness in general, is the greatest barrier to a human spiritual experience. When you experience joy, genuine joy, you will know; and it shapes and changes you forever. Great sermon. And thank God it was not as long as your shave videos.
Amen! Thanks!

(And it was longer than my shave videos! But probably a bit more interesting to make up for it) šŸ˜‚

Back