The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

If you have to do something...

Shave #193 (550 Open Blade Shaves) of 2022:

Gear: Gillette Prewar Tech, Astra SP blade, Yaqi Rainbow w/ pony synth brush, CBL Hombres soap, homemade witch hazel/aloe mix w/ a splash of Royall Muske, and Prada Luna Rossa to finish!

Body is a bit tired after a long day and tough workout yesterday. But I’m up!

Great shave this morning with some fresher scents. The Hombres smells great and gives a really easy, excellent lather (I think it’s the master barber formula?). Generous spritzes of PLR and I’m ready to go!

Writing continues on the sermon for Sunday, little by little. The topic is The Global Church, as part of a series to help we Jesus-followers to expand our horizons a bit on what the Church or even the church is.

Not sure what’s in store at work today. A few meetings to get through at the least. Otherwise, we’ll see!

Hope you all have a great Tuesday!

Sorry to hear about your father. Our prayers going out to you and your family.

On another subject. Are you going to record your serman?

We both used the same razor and soap. Does that make us twins?
So which one are you? 🤔
C1D57521-324A-4982-87CC-D846162E3442.gif
Sorry to hear about your father. Our prayers going out to you and your family.

On another subject. Are you going to record your serman?
Thanks Tim!

We’re trying to go back to in-person sermon giving. Sometimes during summer time though, there’s low attendance, so we end up recording and sending it out anyway. Depends on attendance Sunday. If I do end up recording it, I’ll let you know!

Shave #194 (550 Open Blade Shaves) of 2022:

Gear: Gillette Prewar Tech, Astra SP blade, Trotter Handcrafts Taurus A brush, Clown Puke tub soap, homemade witch hazel/aloe mix, 4711 Ice AS, and Dior Sauvage EDT to finish!

It’s Wednesday and things are chuggin right along!

Great shave this morning. The Tech/Astra seems have hit their performance plateau and remained consistent in a good shave and results. Finished up with some blue scents, including the powerful Depp juice…savvy? 😂

Had a nice, short stroll along the beach yesterday evening with the missus before coming back and having dinner. Caught up on all the Only Murderers In The Building series on Hulu.

Tonight is an OT workout. Not sure what else.

Hope y’all have a great Wednesday!

Shave #194 (550 Open Blade Shaves) of 2022:

Gear: Gillette Prewar Tech, Astra SP blade, Trotter Handcrafts Taurus A brush, Clown Puke tub soap, homemade witch hazel/aloe mix, 4711 Ice AS, and Dior Sauvage EDT to finish!

It’s Wednesday and things are chuggin right along!

Great shave this morning. The Tech/Astra seems have hit their performance plateau and remained consistent in a good shave and results. Finished up with some blue scents, including the powerful Depp juice…savvy? 😂

Had a nice, short stroll along the beach yesterday evening with the missus before coming back and having dinner. Caught up on all the Only Murderers In The Building series on Hulu.

Tonight is an OT workout. Not sure what else.

Hope y’all have a great Wednesday!
Moonlit walk with the missus.. Trés romantique!

giphy.gif

Only Murders in the Building is such a good show. They just confirmed that there will be a season 3.

Have a fantastic Hump Day!
Thanks Brian! You too!
Moonlit walk with the missus.. Trés romantique!

giphy.gif
It was indeed nice! Especially without a child that needs to go to the bathroom after we’ve walked away from the access. 😂
Only Murders in the Building is such a good show. They just confirmed that there will be a season 3.
It is! Steve Martin and Martin Short are such an iconic duo! I was remaking to the missus last night that I’d love to know how on earth they wound up working with Selena Gomez…but it works!

Back