The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

If you have to do something...

Shave #188 (550 Open Blade Shaves) of 2022:

Gear: Gillette Prewar Tech, Astra SP blade, Graydog Art Deco brush, Clown Puke tub soap, homemade witch hazel/aloe mix w/ splash of Royall Muske, and Dior Homme Sport ā€˜19 to finish!

Feelin it a bit after last nights workout! šŸ˜®ā€šŸ’Ø

Great shave this morning. Nothing really new to it. Decided to finish up with a nice fresh combo of Royall Muske and DHS ā€˜19. Probably going to be a bit warm today. Most of the morning marine layer has already burned off. I do love when it sticks around longer.

We now have the kids caught up through Season 2 of Stranger Things (poor Bob) and are now sidetracked with a Lord of the Rings run through to break it up a bit. šŸ¤·ā€ā™‚ļø

Hope you have a great Thursday!

Pain is just weakness leaving the body. šŸ’Ŗ
Feel those muscles rebuilding stronger and bigger! šŸ’Ŗ
Rub some dirt on it and get back in the game! šŸ’Ŗ
<< insert other testosterone-filled sayings here>>
Iā€™ll be sure to remember that the next time Iā€™m working outā€¦and youā€™re sitting out in your deck, enjoying a cigar. šŸ˜œ
šŸ’Ŗ

Shave #189 (550 Open Blade Shaves) of 2022:

Gear: Gillette Prewar Tech, Astra SP blade, Yaqi Sagrada Familia synth brush, CBL Roasted Oatmeal Stout soap, homemade witch hazel/aloe mix, Stirling Barbershop AS, and ADG Absolu Instinct to finish!

Ahhhh Friday!

Great, simple shave this morning. Nothing fancy stillā€¦just solid gear and excellent scents! Keep forgetting that I have a few Stirling AS samplers squirreled away, one being this Barbershop. Great scent, fairly reminiscent of Jeeves of Hudson St Turkish Bath/Barbershop. Followed up with the sweet woods of ADG Absolu Instinct.

Going to be a long weekend. The kids and missus will be heading out of town tomorrow, the kids to spend 2 weeks with both sides of grandparents, the missus to take them and also attend my SILā€™s b-day tea party. Undecided if Iā€™m going with them or if Iā€™ll stay home with the doggies, instead of having to take them along too. Either way, plenty of things to get done, from chores to starting my sermon for next weekend.

Before thatā€¦one more work shift!

Have a happy Friday all!

A special memento from a patient, passed to me by their surviving family. A handmade wood cross, only about 4 inches high, made from a NM artist. The patterns are made from cut and arranged pieces of wheat, lightly lacquered over for a finish that closely resembles something of the gold shine of a religious icon when the light hits right.

3E3C28DE-B828-4891-BC24-0415C98BD8D2.jpeg

That looks amazing. My house it filled with lots of catholic crosses. But I had to go and marry a girl who went to 13 years of catholic school after her mother went 13 years at the same school and her grandmother did 12 years in a catholic school in Indiana. Lets just say there's plenty of catholic stuff in my house.

That looks amazing. My house it filled with lots of catholic crosses. But I had to go and marry a girl who went to 13 years of catholic school after her mother went 13 years at the same school and her grandmother did 12 years in a catholic school in Indiana. Lets just say there's plenty of catholic stuff in my house.
Nothin wrong with a little (or in your case a lotta) reminder of the sacred!

Back