The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

If you have to do something...

Shave #183 (550 Open Blade Shaves) of 2022:

Gear: Gillette Prewar Tech, Astra SP blade, Graydog Art Deco brush, Clown Puke tub soap, homemade witch hazel/aloe mix, Pitralon Classic AS, and Dior Homme ‘20 to finish!

Typical Saturday in progress. OT workout this morning followed by coffee and a baked treat.

Today was shoe upgrade day for the kids…ouch! Even at just one pair each…

Great shave amidst the chores!

Games of Dice Throne: Marvel Edition in progress also! What fun!

Hope you’re all having a great Saturday too!

Today was shoe upgrade day for the kids…ouch! Even at just one pair each…

I think shoe shopping is the moment we become our parents 😂 Name me one parent that didn’t have sticker shock when they go to buy shoes for their kids! That and sports gear (and at least for the gear - we have Play It Again Sports) - but shoes don’t have that choice.

Have a great Sunday!

I think shoe shopping is the moment we become our parents 😂 Name me one parent that didn’t have sticker shock when they go to buy shoes for their kids! That and sports gear (and at least for the gear - we have Play It Again Sports) - but shoes don’t have that choice.

Have a great Sunday!
Yea probably true…even with my parents shopping at Payless it probably still hurt 😂

Thanks Brian!

Shave #184 (550 Open Blade Shaves) of 2022:

Gear: Gillette Prewar Tech, Astra SP blade, Yaqi Moka synth brush, CBL Roasted Oatmeal Stout soap, homemade witch hazel/aloe mix, CF Sherlock AS, and D&G The One to finish!

Off to church soon!

Great shave this morning. Not so much to take care of due to my late shave yesterday, but I still did the full 3 passes of course! Finished up with the nice combo of earthy tobacco from Sherlock and sweet ambery vanilla of The One.

After church there’s some beach time scheduled. Then…who knows! I do know that ribs are on the menu tonight…so looking forward to that!

Have a blessed Sunday all!

Shave #185 (550 Open Blade Shaves) of 2022:

Gear: Gillette Prewar Tech, Astra SP blade, Yaqi Sagrada Familia synth brush, CBL Roasted Oatmeal Stout soap, homemade witch hazel/aloe mix, CC Venture AS, and Rochas Moustache EDP to finish!

Nice, chill morning. No alarm clocks, no workouts…still took the chance for coffee and a breakfast burrito!

Great shave with some slightly darker scents. Venture + Moustache EDP is a great combo!

Dinner on a slow bake in the oven. Probably gonna try and see one of the fireworks displays tonight. Should be a great day!

Happy 4th y’all!

Shave #186 (550 Open Blade Shaves) of 2022:

Gear: Gillette Prewar Tech, Astra SP blade, Yaqi Rainbow w/ pony synth brush, Clown Puke tub soap, homemade witch hazel/aloe mix, Skin Bracer AS, and Guerlain L’Homme Ideal Cologne to finish!

Ahhhh…not Monday! 😂

Great shave this morning. Nothing significant to report, just 3 easy peasy passes with the Tech! Finished up with an excellent scent combo - Skin Bracer and Ideal Cologne! Classy!

Yesterday evening was nice. Had a friend over to help celebrate the 4th and eat some ribs. Went out to the beach to catch the fireworks show. It was a good time!

Back to the grind today. Thankfully the holiday weekend keeps giving, with a nice 4 day work week ahead. Let’s see what we can get up to!

Have a great Tuesday all!

You and MarkB smelling it up good today - GLHIC (how’s that for abbreviation - but now I’ve blown it by explaining that I abbreviated your cologne today)…….one of my favs!

Have a great Tuesday my friend!

You and MarkB smelling it up good today - GLHIC (how’s that for abbreviation - but now I’ve blown it by explaining that I abbreviated your cologne today)…….one of my favs!

Have a great Tuesday my friend!
Wish I could find a full bottle for a decent price!

Thanks Brian!
That sounds dangerous!🎆🎇+🖐=👨‍⚕️💊💉
Well…with all the pot smoking youngins about, I’m suprised there weren’t any accidents 😂
How were the first games of Marvel Dice Throne?!
Great! Well, I should clarify…games 3 and 4 were great…1 and 2 were just Ok…my 11 year old wiped the floor with me. 😂

Great! Well, I should clarify…games 3 and 4 were great…1 and 2 were just Ok…my 11 year old wiped the floor with me. 😂
:ROFLMAO: I can't wait for our kids to be old enough to play some of our favorite games. That is, until they start kicking my butt!

Any favorite characters so far? I wish they were planning to offer a retail box of Scarlet Witch vs Spiderman!

:ROFLMAO: I can't wait for our kids to be old enough to play some of our favorite games. That is, until they start kicking my butt!

Any favorite characters so far? I wish they were planning to offer a retail box of Scarlet Witch vs Spiderman!
They’re all great! Some very fun new mechanics introduced with each one. We’ve played them all once at this point. Dr Strange and Loki are a bit tricky but pretty fun!

Shave #187 (550 Open Blade Shaves) of 2022:

Gear: Gillette Prewar Tech, Astra SP blade, Trotter Handcrafts Taurus A brush, Clown Puke tub soap, homemade witch hazel/aloe mix, Speick AS, and Prada Luna Rossa to finish!

It’s Wednesday! Woohoo!

Great shave this morning. The Tech and Astra from who knows when are just chuggin along! Finished up with a nice, mostly neutral AS this time so I could give PLR a full wearing. This could be classified as a “sport” fragrance! Light, inoffensive, airy, citrusy, soapy/powdery fresh. I know the actual sport version is quite different, still…this is definitely a “dumb reach” frag!

Team meeting this morning. And what should be a fairly easy day ahead. OT workout later tonight.

Negotiations for a trade are finally finished and packages are going to be sent off today. Didn’t come by a frag I was hoping for unfortunately, but I did find a swap for some other worthwhile goodies. I’ll post them when they arrive!

Have a great Wednesday all!

Back