The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

If you have to do something...

I like your approach of asking for more pay to go with the added responsibility. My annual is coming up (or at least it was promised) and I've been taking on more....I'll have to follow your example.

Have you watched any of Ms. Marvel?

I like your approach of asking for more pay to go with the added responsibility. My annual is coming up (or at least it was promised) and I've been taking on more....I'll have to follow your example.

Have you watched any of Ms. Marvel?
Thanks Steven! For better or for worse, I made it clear that I do want to help, whether or not there’s extra pay involved. Call it the Achilles heel of ministry work and bleeding hearts. 🤷‍♂️ It would be nice though if something extra came through.

Yes, I think I’ve seen just the first 2 episodes? Very good so far, for something targeting a younger crowd. The cultural antics are hilarious…though much of it transcends culture.

Have a great day and congrats all around! Obviously your work is appreciated (and hopefully that will be demonstrated with extra $) - you deserve this my friend!

Congrats! Sounds like a normal workplace to me: 10% more work for 2% more pay. I hope they work out a better compensation deal for you.
Ain’t that the truth + inflation + record corp profits!

I hope they hook you up, chris!

I see your location is santa barbara, i visited montecito a while back in the mid 90s, definitely a cool place to live it looked like.

Ain’t that the truth + inflation + record corp profits!

I hope they hook you up, chris!

I see your location is santa barbara, i visited montecito a while back in the mid 90s, definitely a cool place to live it looked like.
Thanks Jon!

Yes, Montecito is like a low key Beverly Hills, without the closeness of the big city. It has some pretty swanky parts and tons of large properties!

I'm hoping to visit Santa Barbara next spring. I may have to meet up with you for an adult beverage.

Shave #176 (550 Open Blade Shaves) of 2022:

Gear: Colonial “Armored” Brass General , Feather Pro blade, Yaqi Sagrada Familia synth brush, CBL 3 Pines soap, homemade witch hazel/aloe mix, Barbasol Pacific Rush AS, and Bleu De Chanel EDP to finish!

Bit of a sleep in, after a super intense workout last night and catching up on the Obi-Wan finale and latest Ms Marvel. Did get as late of a sleep in as I might have liked…the body is just too tied to it’s weekday schedule.

Great shave with the General, now that I’ve hit my 550 open blade shave mark. I’ve used up enough of the 3 Pines for the remainder to be relegated to the Clown Puke tub. I think ROS will be the next one in line. Finished up with a nice, refreshing blue combo of Pacific Rush and BDC EDP!

Off to perform the memorial in a bit. Then it’s back home to take care of some chores. Hopefully we’ll get to watch the new Dr Strange later this evening!

Have a great Saturday all!

Shave #177 (550 Open Blade Shaves) of 2022:

Gear: Colonial “Armored” Brass General , Feather Pro blade, Yaqi Moka synth brush, CBL Roasted Oatmeal Stout soap, homemade witch hazel/aloe mix, Old Spice AS, and Dior Homme Original to finish!

Off to a normal Sunday!

Dr Strange was pretty good!

Hope you all have a blessed Sunday.

Shave #178 (550 Open Blade Shaves) of 2022:

Gear: Colonial “Armored” Brass General , Feather Pro blade, Yaqi Rainbow w/ pony synth brush, Clown Puke tub soap, homemade witch hazel/aloe mix, Pitralon Classic AS, and Dior Homme ’20 to finish!

Monday already?! Boooo.

Great shave this morning. Changed up the scents but the results were the same…excellent!

The kids are having their first experiences with ticks. They weren’t really a thing in Sacramento, but they are down here I guess, where city planning has laid out things a little more integrated with nature. No more going to play down at the park creek for them 😂

Hope you all have a great Monday!

Back