The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

If you have to do something...

Shave #170 (545 Open Blade Shaves) of 2022:

Gear: Tedalus Essence, Feather Pro blade, Yaqi Sagrada Familia synth brush, CBL 3 Pines soap, homemade witch hazel/aloe mix, Fine American Blend AS, and Fine American Blend EDT to finish!

Pretty good day yesterday. Teppenyaki was excellent! The portions were well sized, so with the fun chef we had, well worth the price of admission. Tried to squeeze in another movie (the FIL has all the cable channels) the Green Knight, but alas it was not to be.

Repeat shave! Not sure if this blade will make it 5 more shaves. Blades don’t seem to travel well for me for some reason. Still, above passable results.

Packing up soon and making the long trek back home. Excited to give my frag trade an inspection and try-out, as it arrived to the house yesterday. Thank goodness for friendly neighbors!

Happy Father’s Day to all the father figures! Have a blessed Sunday all!

Shave #171 (546 Open Blade Shaves) of 2022:

Gear: Tedalus Essence, Feather Pro blade, Stirling 2-band synth brush, CBL 3 Pines soap, homemade witch hazel/aloe mix, Speick AS, and Dior Sauvage EDT to finish!

Ah Monday. Juneteenth holiday for some no less, but still a working day for me! Yesterday finished up with safe, uneventful travels home and a nice dinner ordered out and brought home for Father’s Day.

Decent shave today, though still a little rough on some of the ATG. Just 4 more shaves to retire this blade and use some of my other razors. Finished off with a full wearing of Sauvage EDT! This thing has quite a scent bubble…but it’s very subtle. It’s very blue, shower gel-like, with a little woodsy smoke/incense, but you almost don’t realize you’re smelling it. Once you do you realize…whoa, that’s definitely there! This was a good swap!

Hope you all have a great Monday!

You're not the only one working.. :(

giphy.gif

Have a great one, Chris! 😁

Shave #172 (547 Open Blade Shaves) of 2022:

Gear: Tedalus Essence, Feather Pro blade, Yaqi Moka synth brush, CBL 3 Pines soap, homemade witch hazel/aloe mix, Old Spice AS, and Rochas Moustache EDP to finish!

Definitely the last shave on that blade! Today’s results were decent, but very uncomfortable shave attempting to get my normal level of result (BBS). So a new one will be put in tomorrow for sure! Finished up with a nice, woodsy, vanilla, patchouli combo.

OT workout this evening. Probably going to be a warm day, though not as bad as some parts of the country! Hi 70s to low 80s, which I’m sure is a low prediction. Ended up being 85 yesterday and was uncomfortably warm, especially in the second story of the house, trying to relax/sleep for the night. Ew!

Have a great Tuesday all!

Shave #173 (548 Open Blade Shaves) of 2022:

Gear: Tedalus Essence, Feather Pro blade, Stirling 2-band synth brush, CBL 3 Pines soap, homemade witch hazel/aloe mix, Pitralon Classic AS, and Dior Homme Sport ‘19 to finish!

Rough workout last night. Difficult progressions and it was an “All Out With Aoki” theme so the coach was having a little bit of trouble finding the timing, since it wasn’t their own playlist of tunes. But we made it through!

Ahhhh, new blade and we’re back in the realm of smooth sailing! Excellent shave this morning for all 3 passes. Finished up the excellent scents of Pitralon Classic and DHS ‘19 😎👌

IDT meeting this morning, along with some patient visits. Also doing some scramble work on a late-notice memorial service coming up this weekend. Dinner out with friends later tonight…should be a good day!

Have a great Wednesday all!

Back