The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

If you have to do something...

Shave #174 (549 Open Blade Shaves) of 2022:

Gear: Tedalus Essence, Feather Pro blade, Stirling 2-band synth brush, CBL 3 Pines soap, homemade witch hazel/aloe mix, CC Venture AS, and Dior Sauvage EDT to finish!

Decent day yesterday; not too hot and a nice cool ocean breeze most of the day. Finished with a little date night, dinner with some engaged friends who have to ask married couples some questions as part of their pre-marital counseling. Then out for a shared McConnell’s shake before heading back home.

Great shave this morning! Same setup as yesterday except for the AS and frag. Opted to give Sauvage EDT another wearing. Ready to go!

Should be another fairly straightforward day. Some patient visits and more work on the memorial. This evening should be chill.

Have my Dice Throne Marvel edition that should be arriving at some point soon. Also another frag swap in the works. If all goes well, I should be getting to try some Prada L’Homme!

Have a great Thursday all!

Shave #175 (550 Open Blade Shaves) of 2022:

Gear: Tedalus Essence, Feather Pro blade, Trotter Handcrafts Taurus A brush, Clown Puke tub soap, homemade witch hazel/aloe mix, Proraso Red AS, and Dior Homme Intense to finish!

Great shave this morning. 3 excellent passes for hitting that 550th open blade shave on butter slick lather provided by the Clown Puke tub. It’s been a while since I’ve rocked DHI (simply due to my savoring the 50ml I have) so I spritzes that a bit generously over a layer of Proraso Red AS. So good!

Work took an unexpected twist yesterday as toward the end of the day, my boss texted me to see if I had time for a quick chat before finishing up, to run something by me. The one chaplain who helps at our EOL facility part time is going to be retiring next month and the company is hoping to not have to hire a replacement. This is one of the chaplains who helped orient me to the job so it kinda stinks, she’s really good at what she does. The facility, which I’ve covered at multiple times, specifically asked for me I guess as replacement, which is cool! So I was asked if I’d consider taking those responsibilities over. It’s a great place with great staff, so I’ve agreed for the time being. The negative part is that I’m now in charge of the chaplaincy aspect of essentially 3 separate teams (my other chaplain co-workers only handle one each). Which works currently due to our numbers but is really huge and could be quite overwhelming quite quickly. I voiced that concern and was assured that it wouldn’t be a problem and I could ask for help ask needed. Annual pay raises are also coming up so I asked if, with all this responsibility, if a little bit extra over normal increase could be worked out. It’s up in the air right now, so no promises were made. But there’s that!

OT workout later this evening. Hoping to catch up on some various show episodes and of course Multiverse of Madness started streaming yesterday on Disney + and I definitely want to see that! We’ll see…the missus has been on an Avonlea kick lately.

Have a great Friday all!

Chris, that's awesome you have that good of a reputation so quickly. Seems the wandering path of life has put you in the right place.
Thanks Dave! It’s certainly been a long wandering at that 😂
Congrats on the promotion and pending pay raise Chris!! 🥳
Thanks Mark!
Congrats! Sounds like a normal workplace to me: 10% more work for 2% more pay. I hope they work out a better compensation deal for you.
Yea…well with us being a non-profit, we’re a bit limited…at least that’s what the story is 😂 Thanks Sam!

Back