The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

If you have to do something...

I had the same reaction. Great establishment of the character and just enough story to keep me interested for next time. Plus I'm still not 100% sure who the original guy is. He could be anyone of his (now) 3 characters.....but which is the original guy??
His poor body…all the stress of “passing out” so many times 😂

It’s interesting they portrayed it that way, the switching between personalities, I guess it makes sense for a theatrical device.

Shave #165 (540 Open Blade Shaves) of 2022:

Gear: Tedalus Essence, Feather Pro blade, Yaqi Sagrada Familia synth brush, CBL 3 Pines soap, homemade witch hazel/aloe mix, Myrsol Agua De Limon AS, and Dior Homme Sport ‘19 to finish!

Ended up finishing the evening out with an OT workout. Phew! Busy day overall for work, playing catch up.

Pretty good shave today! Only a couple little nicks on the ATG when getting a little closer on the moustache line. Pretty much the same shave as yesterday, just changing the AS scent. Still followed up with some glorious spritzes of DHS ‘19 😎👍

Another busy day today. A fair bit of traveling to do between the close trio of towns down here. Here we go!

Have a great Tuesday all!

Shave #166 (541 Open Blade Shaves) of 2022:

Gear: Tedalus Essence, Feather Pro blade, Trotter Handcrafts Taurus A brush, Clown Puke tub soap, homemade witch hazel/aloe mix, Fine Platinum AS, and Dior Homme Parfum to finish!

We’ve hit midweek friends!

Great shave this morning. No “hull plating damage” as our good buddy Rich is fond of saying. Wrapped it up with a bit of a darker scent profile today, since the weather isn’t too crazy right now. Fine Platinum and DHP to close things off.

Another OT workout tonight.

With some luck, I’ll shortly have about 180ml of Sauvage EDT headed my way in a frag swap I’m working on. Crossing my fingers!

Have a great Wednesday all!

Shave #167 (542 Open Blade Shaves) of 2022:

Gear: Tedalus Essence, Feather Pro blade, Yaqi Moka brush, CBL 3 Pines soap, homemade witch hazel/aloe mix, Pitralon Classic AS, and Dior Homme ‘20 to finish!

Thursday…the stepping stone to Friday! Last night’s OT workout went pretty good. The day itself wasn’t too bad, a couple visits and a bunch of digital paperwork for this morning’s IDT meeting.

Shave went great! Looking toward the weekend trip and wondering if I should pack up the Essence to come along or not. My FIL’s house, where we usually stay, can be pretty chaotic sometimes. Oh well. It did just fine for today! Finished up with a nice fresh, woody combo of Pitralon Classic/DH ‘20…excellent!

Hope you all have a nice Thursday!

Shave #168 (543 Open Blade Shaves) of 2022:

Gear: Tedalus Essence, Feather Pro blade, Yaqi Rainbow w/ pony synth brush, Clown Puke tub soap, homemade witch hazel/aloe mix, Skin Bracer AS, and Dior Sauvage Elixir to finish!

Friday! We made it!

Great shave this morning. 3 good passes with the Essence. As usual, perfect lather from the Clown Puke tub. Decided to end the work week strong and go with stronger scents. Skin Bracer and possibly a little overspray of Elixir…so good!

Working a half day today so that we can set out at a decent time for the long trek northward to see family. One of my sister-in-laws is having a baby shower for their 2nd. The 6 hour drive may not be my favorite use of a Friday afternoon/evening…but at least x there’ll be family, good food, and adult beverages waiting on the other end!

Have a great Friday all!

I hope you enjoy your family time my friend and the well deserved adult beverage (or two)!

One of my sister-in-laws is having a baby shower for their 2nd
I say this in jest and also because I’m 3000 miles away from your sister in law - but whatever happened to the good ol’ hand-me-down-system? My brother got my stuff…I was the first but inherited my older cousin‘s stuff (and darn it - didn’t I look good in her purple dresses)…….Of course the last time I reminded a pregnant friend of mine that I didn’t understand what’s the big deal - there are after all 7.5 billion people on the planet and there have been an estimated 177 billion humans that have ever lived - I was singing an octave or two higher for the week 😂

Have a super weekend, Chris!
Thanks Sam!
I hope you enjoy your family time my friend and the well deserved adult beverage (or two)!

I say this in jest and also because I’m 3000 miles away from your sister in law - but whatever happened to the good ol’ hand-me-down-system. My brother got my stuff…I was the first but inherited my older cousins‘ stuff (and darn it - didn’t I look good in her purple dresses)…….Of course the last time I reminded a pregnant friend of mine that I didn’t understand what’s the big deal - there are after all 7.5 billion people on the planet and there have been an estimated 177 billion humans that have ever lived - I was singing an octave or two higher for the week 😂
Thanks Brian! Yea…just another excuse for the ladies to go shopping 😂

Shave #169 (544 Open Blade Shaves) of 2022:

Gear: Tedalus Essence, Feather Pro blade, Yaqi Sagrada Familia synth brush, CBL 3 Pines soap, homemade witch hazel/aloe mix, Fine American Blend AS, and Fine American Blend EDT to finish!

Safe travels so far and with all the (my wife’s) sisters and their families back together…no drama! (Yet!)

Pretty darn good shave this morning. It’s nice to be back in a city with softer water and in a home where it doesn’t take forever to get it warm! The Essence did end up making the trip with me, so the full open blade shave streak continues. Finished up with the Fine AB combo…excellent!

The ladies of the family are off to the baby shower early to get things ready. Later will be my wife’s (early) birthday dinner with the family. The big four oh! Going out for teppenyaki!

Have a great Saturday all!

40. How cute.
Yep... I remember 40...

giphy.gif

Back