The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

If you have to do something...

My BDC EDP find should arrive later today too! Looking forward to using that tomorrow!
BDC hadn't been on my radar as I did a spray a year ago at an Ulta of the EdT and hated it. Must have been a bad tester or something because I sprayed the EdT again last time we were in Sephora a few weeks ago and *now* I think I get the hype a little more. Looking forward to hearing how you like the EdP!

BDC hadn't been on my radar as I did a spray a year ago at an Ulta of the EdT and hated it. Must have been a bad tester or something because I sprayed the EdT again last time we were in Sephora a few weeks ago and *now* I think I get the hype a little more. Looking forward to hearing how you like the EdP!
Yep, this is a total blind buy for me. My only really “blue” frag right now is Versace PH. I don’t reach for it very much for regular wear though for some reason. Hoping that changes with summer coming…but I wanted to try and see if a different classic blue can do the trick for me.

Gave BDC EDP a squirt on the wrist, since my morning wearing of The One was mostly gone.

I am now able to see why people equate ADG Profumo as being an aquatic/blue scent. It didn’t click till just now. It’s almost a dead ringer for the opening of BDC! BDC does come off a bit more refined and smooth, and a bit more “blue”. Looking forward to seeing where it lands in the dry down!

Shave #162 (537 Open Blade Shaves) of 2022:

Gear: Tedalus Essence, Feather Pro blade, Stirling 2-band synth brush, CBL 3 Pines soap, homemade witch hazel/aloe mix w/ a dash of Royall Muske, and Rochas Moustache EDT to finish!

Non-typical Saturday in progress! Nice sleep in this morning (granted I had a heck of a time falling asleep last night 🙄). Went out to grab a few grocery items and some Peet’s since it’s in the same area. I must admit, Peet’s simple Black Tie coffee (I believe it’s a mix of regular House drip, a shot of chicory, milk, and sweetened condensed milk over ice) is really nice, along with a baked good of course.

Back home to whip the youngins into gear and start chores, so the rest of the day can be chill.

Pretty decent shave this morning between laundry loads. The blade is still definitely tired but it’s hanging in there. Finished off with some zealous over-spraying of Moustache EDT…ready for it to be out, so I’m using it up! Still a little ways to go before this 10ml is done.

BDC EDP’s single spritz was a great treat yesterday. Like I mentioned, started off a lot like a bluer, perhaps slightly more citrusy Profumo…then settled into a fragrant, aromatic, solid blue, I kept getting whiffs for at least a few hours…then final stage was a toned down Sauvage Elixir-like sandalwood/amber. Absolutely intoxicating skin scent the entire time. Very happy with this buy! I’ll be giving it a full wear tomorrow to see if the missus notices and comments upon her return tomorrow.

Planning on doing some Moon Knight binging later.

Shave #163 (538 Open Blade Shaves) of 2022:

Gear: Tedalus Essence, Feather Pro blade, RR Big Bruce synth brush, Clown Puke tub soap, homemade witch hazel/aloe mix, Speick AS, and Bleu De Chanel EDP to finish!

Another bit of a rough night’s sleep. Oh well 🤷‍♂️

Great shave this morning. 550 looms on the horizon! The Big Bruce doesn’t get as much love as my Yaqis, it’s not quite as soft, but it did a great job today whipping a perfect lather. Finished off with a full wearing of BDC…I’m not gonna lie…I smell pretty damn good right now! 😂

Off to church after a decent cup of coffee is sought out. Missus gets home this evening. First few episodes of Moon Knight were pretty decent! Graphics of the suit are a bit cartoony/clunky but everything else is pretty interesting. It’s fun to see Oscar Isaac in a non-Star Wars role and it’s really nice to see Ethan Hawke back in action!

Have a blessed Sunday all!

BDC for that smelling good at church experience!

I don’t think I’ve seen Ethan Hawke in a movie that I didn’t think he was awesome! He’s so versatile!

I have a Big Bruce as well - I bought it because I thought it be easier to lather my noggin for top of the head shaves - I forgot all about it until you mentioned using yours today!

Have a fantastic day my friend!

BDC for that smelling good at church experience!

I don’t think I’ve seen Ethan Hawke in a movie that I didn’t think he was awesome! He’s so versatile!

I have a Big Bruce as well - I bought it because I thought it be easier to lather my noggin for top of the head shaves - I forgot all about it until you mentioned using yours today!

Have a fantastic day my friend!
Church people be like…”Is that the holy incense or is that Chris?” 🤔😎👍

Hope you have a good day too Brian!

Shave #164 (539 Open Blade Shaves) of 2022:

Gear: Tedalus Essence, Feather Pro blade, Stirling 2-band synth brush, CBL 3 Pines soap, homemade witch hazel/aloe mix, Mandom AS, and Dior Homme Sport ‘19 to finish!

Let’s see what this Monday has in store, shall we?

Great shave this morning! So that’s something! Santa Barbara gets intermittent summer days throughout summer, then toward the beginning of fall is when it gets more summery. Definitely a bit weird, but whatever! So this week I slated to be mid to upper 60s, low 70s. Still…gonna rock the DHS today.

Glancing briefly at the work emails over the weekend, lots of catch up to do this morning!

Have a great Monday all!

That’s what wetsuits are for - Hang 10 buddy - you’ll be the best smelling surfer out there - I thought I read somewhere that DHS is waterproof
I’m pretty sure I read that same article! My goal is to have whales in Japan popping up and smelling like DHS 😎👍
So....what did you think of Moon Knight????
We (my boys and I) finished it just in time before we had to go pick up the missus from her trip yesterday. Overall…pretty good! I won’t say it was great…it was a bit of a confusing mind bender sometimes among other things. I feel that they did better than a 2 hour movie would have done setting things up. I look forward to seeing where it goes!

Overall…pretty good! I won’t say it was great…it was a bit of a confusing mind bender sometimes among other things. I feel that they did better than a 2 hour movie would have done setting things up. I look forward to seeing where it goes!
I had the same reaction. Great establishment of the character and just enough story to keep me interested for next time. Plus I'm still not 100% sure who the original guy is. He could be anyone of his (now) 3 characters.....but which is the original guy??

Back