The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

If you have to do something...

I used to toss blades after one minor weeper, thinking that it was the blades fault. Now I know that the blade still has another dozen or so shaves left in it after that. And I need to mind my technique. Don't toss it.
Yea, I usually give blades at least a couple less than adequate shave chances before they get binned.

Shave #160 (535 Open Blade Shaves) of 2022:

Gear: Tedalus Essence, Feather Pro blade, Yaqi Moka synth brush, CBL 3 Pines soap, homemade witch hazel/aloe mix, Sir Irisch Moos AS, and Dior Homme ‘20 to finish!

Yesterday ended up pretty good. Finished the evening with an OT workout, BBQed steaks, and watching the first portion of Secrets of Dumbledore.

Good shave this morning. Well, it ended up with good results at least. 3 passes with the Essence, a few little nicks during the process. Thankfully they closed up relatively quickly. Finished up with a nice fresh, woodsy combo!

Hope you all have a great Thursday!

Shave #161 (536 Open Blade Shaves) of 2022:

Gear: Tedalus Essence, Feather Pro blade, Yaqi Sagrada Familia synth brush, CBL 3 Pines soap, homemade witch hazel/aloe mix, Ogalalla Bay Rum AS, and D&G The One to finish!

Friday! Woohoo!

Pretty darn good 3 passer with the Essence this morning. This blade is doing its best to impress me and avoid the bin 😂 Brought out the Ogalalla today, that’s been languishing in the back of the AS cabinet for…well I don’t even remember the last time I used it. Has to be over a year ago. Still not impressed. It’s a nice gourmand…but that just limits its usefulness even more and it just doesn’t grab me. It worked for today at least, as The One’s vanilla vibe complimented it well enough.

The kids last day of volleyball camp is today (the city does week long increments I think) but they’re signed up for more, the missus leaves this afternoon through Sunday afternoon for Washington. Her grandpa’s memorial is tomorrow. So it’ll be a guys weekend!

My BDC EDP find should arrive later today too! Looking forward to using that tomorrow!

Brought out the Ogalalla today, that’s been languishing in the back of the AS cabinet for…well I don’t even remember the last time I used it. Has to be over a year ago. Still not impressed. It’s a nice gourmand…but that just limits its usefulness even more and it just doesn’t grab me. It worked for today at least, as The One’s vanilla vibe complimented it well enough.
You should try the others, especially the Bay Rum, Limes and Peppercorns. The Bay Rum, Sage and Cedar is very nice too.

You should try the others, especially the Bay Rum, Limes and Peppercorns. The Bay Rum, Sage and Cedar is very nice too.
This one is the Bay Rum & Sandalwood. I think I just don’t like their iteration of Bay Rum perhaps…and I get absolutely zero sandalwood or wood at all.

Back