The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

If you have to do something...

Shave #157 (532 Open Blade Shaves) of 2022:

Gear: Tedalus Essence, Feather Pro blade, Yaqi Moka brush, CBL 3 Pines soap, homemade witch hazel/aloe mix, Sir Irisch Moos AS, and Rochas Moustache EDT to finish!

Here we go Monday…whatcha got? 🥊

Decent shave this morning. Not a whole lot to report. Finished up with a nice, fresh, powdery citrus combo.

Kids have half day volleyball camps together all week. Normal work week for the missus and I!

Hope you all have a great Monday!

Moustache EdP is on my "to sample" list as Tuxedo is definitely not in my price range but the notes sound wonderful - didn't realize people equated the EdT to Eau Sauvage until a quick Fragrantica browse a few minutes ago!

Great start to the week! Can’t go wrong with the ’Stache! Though I am surprised how different the EdT and the EdP are - With Chanel Pour Monsieur and Dior Eau Sauvage - while they have differences with the EdT and EdP you can tell they are from the same family - with Moustache - it seems they are two separate undertakings - I love them both though!

I’m sure your kids will love VB camp.

Have a great week!

Moustache EdP is on my "to sample" list as Tuxedo is definitely not in my price range but the notes sound wonderful - didn't realize people equated the EdT to Eau Sauvage until a quick Fragrantica browse a few minutes ago!
Yea, Tuxedo is a pretty penny. I did not know people thought Moustache EDT was similar to Eau Sauvage! I did not imagine ES smelling similar (probably smells way better though lol). The EDT, while I’m happy to be burning through a 10ml to give it a fair shot, it will not be a purchase. It’s got decent longevity but I vastly prefer to wear ADP Colonia, which I find somewhat similar but more lemony, creamy, classy, and much less harsh.

Brian here would probably know better if there was a Moustache EDT/Eau Sauvage EDT comparison to be made.

Great start to the week! Can’t go wrong with the ’Stache! Though I am surprised how different the EdT and the EdP are - With Chanel Pour Monsieur and Dior Eau Sauvage - while they have differences with the EdT and EdP you can tell they are from the same family - with Moustache - it seems they are two separate undertakings - I love them both though!

I’m sure your kids will love VB camp.

Have a great week!
Thanks Brian! Yea Rochas sticking both scents under the Moustache name is a bit weird.

While I have you here…Sauvage vs BDC for a classic blue frag? Which do you like better and which iteration. I’m leaning towards the EDP of BDC as it’s supposed to be a bit more in the refined side, but IDK.

Yea, Tuxedo is a pretty penny. I did not know people thought Moustache EDT was similar to Eau Sauvage! I did not imagine ES smelling similar (probably smells way better though lol). The EDT, while I’m happy to be burning through a 10ml to give it a fair shot, it will not be a purchase. It’s got decent longevity but I vastly prefer to wear ADP Colonia, which I find somewhat similar but more lemony, creamy, classy, and much less harsh.

Brian here would probably know better if there was a Moustache EDT/Eau Sauvage EDT comparison to be made.

Thanks Brian! Yea Rochas sticking both scents under the Moustache name is a bit weird.

While I have you here…Sauvage vs BDC for a classic blue frag? Which do you like better and which iteration. I’m leaning towards the EDP of BDC as it’s supposed to be a bit more in the refined side, but IDK.
For the Sauvage vs BDC - I am a BDC person myself (I love Eau Sauvage), but the current line up, while I can appreciate why it is popular, and I do own the EdT - it isn’t something that I reach for a lot - the ambroxin and the pepper are too sharp for me)…

Of the BDC - I have the EdT in my top 5 colognes of everything I own - but I always recommend the EdP to everyone that asks. The EdT has a very in your face grapefruit top note - and along with the Iso E Super that‘s in it - it gets magnified. The EdP is like you said very much refined, while you do smell the citrus - it is more of a blend - you can tell the two frags are related, but the EdP isn’t so much in your face. And it is still light enough that you could wear it in the heat.

Unless you are going buccaneering with Johnny Depp - then take the Sauvage - because he’s going to be wearing a lot of it - so might as well fit in instead of clash.

View attachment 85150
I hear one reviewer describe it as masculine and sexy, in a douchbag kind of way 😂

I do like Elixir…but I also remember that the sample I tried of Sauvage (unless it was a fake, I did get it on the ‘bay) was underwhelming and forgettable to me.

I hear one reviewer describe it as masculine and sexy, in a douchbag kind of way 😂

I do like Elixir…but I also remember that the sample I tried of Sauvage (unless it was a fake, I did get it on the ‘bay) was underwhelming and forgettable to me.
I think there a lot of people wearing it now so it because commonplace - plus the crowd that is wearing it is the clubbing scene dudes which I can say I am happy I was never part of that crowd (two left feet)

I haven’t smelled the Elixer but I have seen some of the frag reviewers that were not too keen on the EdT rave on the Elixer.

Shave #158 (533 Open Blade Shaves) of 2022:

Gear: Tedalus Essence, Feather Pro blade, Stirling 2-band synth brush, CBL 3 Pines soap, homemade witch hazel/aloe mix, Pitralon Classic AS, and DHS ‘19 to finish!

First day of volleyball camp for the kids was a success and they eagerly are looking forward to today and the rest of the week. Which is great…for mom and dad’s sanity 😂

Good shave this morning! I think I’m going to chug along with the Essence until I hit 550, then take another little break…maybe…🤔 This blade though is just about ready to go! Finished up with some generous sprays of ‘19 DHS…yum!

Found a good deal on a BDC EDT partial last night. Hopefully that’ll arrive by the end of the week! I hope Johnny forgives me for not pumping up his Dior payment this month 😂 maybe next time, depending on how my introduction to BDC goes.

Have a great Tuesday all!

Glad the kids are enjoying volleyball camp and glad you and the missus are getting a well-deserved break!! 😄

I don’t know if your kids know who these guys are - but I met in person - Karch Kiraly, Kent Steffes, and Sinjin Smith when I was in the Army.

Johnny will forgive you my friend - from what I’ve seen in the news - he will have another source of income for a while 😂

Have a great day my friend!

Glad the kids are enjoying volleyball camp and glad you and the missus are getting a well-deserved break!! 😄
Well…I don’t know about a break, but at least we don’t have to worry about what they’re up to or not up to for a few hours, sitting around home 😂
I don’t know if your kids know who these guys are - but I met in person - Karch Kiraly, Kent Steffes, and Sinjin Smith when I was in the Army.
Well, Karch I know about, iconic, but I don’t think I’ve heard of the others. I doubt the kids do. That’s cool though! We do have a local volleyball Olympian and celeb that we’ve met a few times.

Shave #159 (534 Open Blade Shaves) of 2022:

Gear: Tedalus Essence, Feather Pro blade, Trotter Handcrafts Taurus A brush, Clown Puke tub soap, homemade witch hazel/aloe mix, Old Spice AS, and Rochas Moustache EDP to finish!

Ahhh Wednesday…nearly half way through the (work) week!

Great shave this morning, despite forgetting to toss the blade. Even better than yesterday’s! Finished up by trying a new combo…OS + Moustache EDP…seems to work!

IDT meeting this morning at work. At least a couple visits to get through. Should be a decent day!

Hope you all have a good one too!

Back