The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

If you have to do something...

Shave #154 (529 Open Blade Shaves) of 2022:

Gear: Tedalus Essence, Feather Pro blade, Trotter Handcrafts Taurus A brush, Clown Puke tub soap, homemade witch hazel/aloe mix, RR The Stallion AS, and Acqua Di Parma Absolu Instinct to finish!

Ahhhhhh Friday!

Great shave this morning. Either the blade has found it’s plateau finally or the soap worked it’s magical clown puke wonder (probably a little of both!). 3 great passes! Finished off with a nice, woodsy, spicy combo!

One last dip into the upper 60s today before supposedly heating up to the 70s/80s this weekend and into next week…we’ll see! The forecast literally fluctuates daily!

Happy Friday all! One more work shift to get through!

Shave #155 (530 Open Blade Shaves) of 2022:

Gear: Tedalus Essence, Feather Pro blade, Stirling 2-band synth brush, CBL 3-Pines soap, homemade witch hazel/aloe mix, Pitralon Classic AS, and Dior Homme Sport ‘19 to finish!

Typical Saturday in progress. OT workout this morning, a nice professional cup o joe with baked treat, then home for chores.

A little bit of self-cleanup between laundry loads. 3 pretty decent passes for warm water work. Blade edge remaining stable. Finished off with a full wearing of DHS ‘19 😎👍 oooooooooooh yeaaaaaaaaaa

Probably going to binge some Harry Potter this evening. The missus wants to watch the new Secrets of Dumbledore.

Hope you’re all having a great Saturday!

I have always wanted to try DHS - any version 12, 17, or current. One day I will have to - how do you feel when you wear in the heat - is it light enough?

enjoy HP!
Thanks Brian!

I’d say for extreme heat, avoid the ‘12 formulation because of the iris and powerful creamy ginger, it might be a cloying combo. I wish I could have tried the OG ‘08 but I don’t think it’d be worth the effort to try and find.

I’d think ‘17 and current ‘21 would be OK for high heat.

Edit - it’s not going to be the lightness of Cologne in any case. Still viable though IMO.

Shave #156 (531 Open Blade Shaves) of 2022:

Gear: Tedalus Essence, Feather Pro blade, Graydog Art Deco brush, Clown Puke tub soap, homemade witch hazel/aloe mix, Fine American Blend AS, and Fine American Blend EDT to finish!

Up for church in the park this morning. Get to give my sermon, then I’m off the hook for at least another few weeks. I’ll not have preached in a park yet, should be…interesting 😂

Good shave this morning. Only a couple little nicks going ATG but they sealed up quickly with no special treatment needed. Finished with my faux-Rive Gauche combo for some nice barbershop/fougere freshness!

Hope you all have a blessed Sunday!

Shave #156 (531 Open Blade Shaves) of 2022:

Gear: Tedalus Essence, Feather Pro blade, Graydog Art Deco brush, Clown Puke tub soap, homemade witch hazel/aloe mix, Fine American Blend AS, and Fine American Blend EDT to finish!

Up for church in the park this morning. Get to give my sermon, then I’m off the hook for at least another few weeks. I’ll not have preached in a park yet, should be…interesting 😂

Good shave this morning. Only a couple little nicks going ATG but they sealed up quickly with no special treatment needed. Finished with my faux-Rive Gauche combo for some nice barbershop/fougere freshness!

Hope you all have a blessed Sunday!
What do you think of the Fine EDT? i thought it a little weak i.e. doesn't last very long, but it's okay.

T

What do you think of the Fine EDT? i thought it a little weak i.e. doesn't last very long, but it's okay.

T
For what it is…a clone of YSL Rive Gauche, it does a good job. I do have to spray heavily, but I can enjoy it for a fair portion of the day. It does last longer on clothes.

I’m interest to try some other clones, such as from PAA or others.

I’m fortunate to have a large tub can of the real juice, but I do want that to last a while.

For what it is…a clone of YSL Rive Gauche, it does a good job. I do have to spray heavily, but I can enjoy it for a fair portion of the day. It does last longer on clothes.

I’m interest to try some other clones, such as from PAA or others.

I’m fortunate to have a large tub can of the real juice, but I do want that to last a while.
i got into the Stirling clones and soaps recently and posted about them. Spraying my clothes might be a good idea for a number of reasons. I was shocked to see that you have overtaken me in SR shaves, since we started at about the same time! i'm lazy.

Need to add the PAA to a list, sadly supervised by HRH, the budget controller!

T

Back