The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

If you have to do something...

Oh Dear! You are turning into a (cover the kids ears) minimalist?
Afraid so! Especially with software. Having not bought anything AS/soap related in a couple years, I realized when I moved that it could still take at least a couple years more to whittle what I do have down by regular use. If I don’t use em, it’s wasted money 🤷‍♂️

I’m down to like an assortment of 18 razors but I only really regularly reach for 5 probably…especially now, with the Essence 😂

Shave #152 (527 Open Blade Shaves) of 2022:

Gear: Tedalus Essence, Feather Pro blade, Yaqi Moka synth brush, CBL 3 Pines soap, homemade witch hazel/aloe mix, Myrsol Agua De Limon AS, and Dior Homme Cologne to finish!

Wednesday already?! Yesssss! 😎👍

Great shave this morning! The blade is slowing down a little already but otherwise got me through 3 passes, bloodless. It’s amazing how much a 3 pass can degrade an edge…at the same time it’s amazing how much these AC blades can hold up without stripping/re-sharpening. Finished up with that summery secret weapon combo of Myrsol AdL and DHC! So good!

OT workout later this evening.

Another day and a half until doomsday…the beginning of the kids’ summer break 😂

Have a great Wednesday all!

Have a great day to go along with your great shave!

by the way, I just received my Givenchy Gentleman Reserve Privee - since you are such a fan of the Dior Homme line - I think you would enjoy this one - worth going to Sephora for a sample…..definitely not a summer scent - but very nice iris note (like the original) plus a chocolatey booziness as well.

Have a great day to go along with your great shave!

by the way, I just received my Givenchy Gentleman Reserve Privee - since you are such a fan of the Dior Homme line - I think you would enjoy this one - worth going to Sephora for a sample…..definitely not a summer scent - but very nice iris note (like the original) plus a chocolatey booziness as well.
FF1C7D0E-27FA-4D85-B5CD-A6208677CFF0.gif
Sounds great! 😂

Shave #153 (528 Open Blade Shaves) of 2022:

Gear: Tedalus Essence, Feather Pro blade, Yaqi Sagrada Familia synth brush, CBL 3 Pines soap, homemade witch hazel/aloe mix, Sir Irisch Moos AS, and Rochas Moustache EDT to finish!

Doomsday has arrived! All the kids are out before or by noon today…summer break begins!

Good shave this morning. Same ol same ol…but in a good way! Just switched up the finishing scent combo. Just like my soaps and AS, I’m slowly working my way through my smaller frag samples and decants here and there, enjoying as I go, but working my way down to just my full sized frags.

Going to my middle son’s 8th grade graduation this morning (can’t believe I have 2 high schoolers now!) but otherwise a normal work day.

Happy Thursday all!

Doomsday has arrived! All the kids are out before or by noon today…summer break begins!
giphy.gif

Back