The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

If you have to do something...

4ish hours later…barely detectable on my skin, even with my nose shoved up to it. Unless I went nose-blind to it, I’d be highly disappointed had this been a full bottle purchase!

Positive: I can go spritz on something else for the evening 😂
Especially at the cost!

Shave #149 (524 Open Blade Shaves) of 2022:

Gear: Tedalus Essence, Feather Pro blade, Spartan Burl brush, Clown Puke tub soap, homemade witch hazel/aloe mix, Myrsol Agua De Limon AS, and Dior Homme Sport ‘12 to finish!

Nice little bit of a sleep in…and now up for church! Last Sunday with our pastor before she takes a well deserved 2 month sabbatical, so we’re making it a brunch! The smell of the breakfast tacos the missus is making is wafting upstairs and making my mouth water as I type!

Great shave this morning. Brand new Feather Pro in the Essence. Smoooooth like buttah! Finished up with a nice, citrusy, sporty combo as it’s going to be a bit warmer today, reaching the low 80s and sunny.

After church we’re going to head to the local craft market, then the Natural History Museum’s annual live butterfly exhibit opened this week so we might stop by that, and/or this weekend only is the Mission’s sidewalk chalk art event. Sacramento had something similar, where a bunch of artists and others make some beautiful art pieces folks can come by and check out. Should be a nice day.

Looking forward to hopefully sleeping in tomorrow 😂

Have a blessed Sunday all!

Shave #150 (525 Open Blade Shaves) of 2022:

Gear: Tedalus Essence, Feather Pro blade, Paladin Harlequin Chief 26mm brush, Clown Puke tub soap, homemade witch hazel/aloe mix, CBL Barba AST, and Versace Pour Homme to finish!

Nice sleep in this morning. I did wake up about a normal work time, but I forced myself to stay in bed and doze back off. It was nice!

Great shave this morning. The Essence streak continues! Finished up with a barbershop-blue combo between Barba and a generous wearing of Versace PH.

We’re lookin to hit the beach! Probably going to be insanely packed, but hopefully we’ll find a decent spot to laze about for at least a couple hours.

Hope you all have a great Memorial Day!

Shave #151 (526 Open Blade Shaves) of 2022:

Gear: Tedalus Essence, Feather Pro blade, Stirling 2-band synth brush, CBL 3 Pines soap, homemade witch hazel/aloe mix, Sir Irisch Moos AS, and Guerlain Vetiver to finish!

At least it’s not Monday!

3 great passes with great results using the Essence. Have I really only used it 26 times? Seems like months already. The bottom of the mini 2oz-tub showed up during my loading of the 3 Pines today, so I shoved down the sides and repacked it all, evening it out. It’s about half way gone. Finished up with the nice, bright green of Moos and Guerlain Vetiver 👍

Glad for the short week. Hoping to try and finish my sermon by Friday. Kids have their last day of school Thursday!

Hope you all have a great Tuesday!

Back