The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

If you have to do something...

iu
55C508CA-0976-4655-87D6-0B934BDEEB36.gif

Shave #144 (519 Open Blade Shaves) of 2022:

Gear: Tedalus Essence, Feather Pro blade, Yaqi Rainbow w/ pony synth brush, Clown Puke tub soap, homemade witch hazel/aloe mix, Fine Platinum AS, and Tom Ford Ombré Leather to finish!

Feeling a bit better so far this week from what I assume are the lingering effects of the ‘Rona. Less junky feeling…still some tiredness in the mornings and at times throughout the day.

Got through the first pass of my shave this morning and peeeeeeeeeeoooooooo…minor power outage. Nothin like shaving with an open blade in morning darkness! Thankfully there was just enough light to make it through without messing anything up…sideburns still even and intact! Finished up with a manly smoky leather combo. Coolsville daddio!

Of course the power came back in minutes after I finished getting ready 😂

Have a great Tuesday all!

Shave #144 (519 Open Blade Shaves) of 2022:

Gear: Tedalus Essence, Feather Pro blade, Yaqi Rainbow w/ pony synth brush, Clown Puke tub soap, homemade witch hazel/aloe mix, Fine Platinum AS, and Tom Ford Ombré Leather to finish!

Feeling a bit better so far this week from what I assume are the lingering effects of the ‘Rona. Less junky feeling…still some tiredness in the mornings and at times throughout the day.

Got through the first pass of my shave this morning and peeeeeeeeeeoooooooo…minor power outage. Nothin like shaving with an open blade in morning darkness! Thankfully there was just enough light to make it through without messing anything up…sideburns still even and intact! Finished up with a manly smoky leather combo. Coolsville daddio!

Of course the power came back in minutes after I finished getting ready 😂

Have a great Tuesday all!
Chris's SOTD video this morning..

giphy.gif

Nothing like something unexpected happening in the middle of a straight shave.
“Powered” through an un-powered shave….Impressive!

View attachment 83974
It was annoying…but not too bad thankfully!
60953D2A-212A-4AC0-AF53-4FFC3207CF34.gif
And another good reason not to use a Norelco.
Besides the reason “Never would I ever…” 😂
Chris's SOTD video this morning..

giphy.gif
And an hour long to boot!
7E23CA0E-7ADE-44B2-8F3C-5FB5DD9545DD.gif

Shave #145 (520 Open Blade Shaves) of 2022:

Gear: Tedalus Essence, Feather Pro blade, Trotter Handcrafts Taurus A brush, Clown Puke tub soap, homemade witch hazel/aloe mix, Fine Platinum AS, and Dior Homme Parfum to finish!

Been having a lovely week so far in SB. The full range of the 60s with mostly foggy/grey mornings and some sunshine coming through later in the day.

Pretty darn good shave this morning. Almost the same setup as yesterday, just swapped the brush and frag for some variety. Went light on the DHP sprays so it’s more office appropriate. Excellent!

It’s Wednesday y’all! Just about half way there!

My wife stopped in Sephora earlier this week and I sprayed some DH Cologne which made me think of you - it was great stuff! Haven't stumbled down the DH rabbit hole yet...
Awesome! There’s definitely a wide range within the line, should be something for everyone, especially with the changes they’ve been making toward more mass appealing notes.

I see the scent police are roaming your halls as well. Ours went Rambo on us the day I WAS going to wear the Veg......thank goodness I reconsidered at the last moment.
Reconsideration and extreme hesitancy, indeed almost immediate dismissible of the idea, should be standard practice when considering utilizing The Veg. 😂

Can you tell I’m not chosen! 😂

Shave #146 (521 Open Blade Shaves) of 2022:

Gear: Tedalus Essence, Feather Pro blade, Stirling 2-band synth brush, CBL 3 Pines soap, homemade witch hazel/aloe mix, Pitralon Classic AS, and Acqua Di Gio Profumo to finish!

Finished the day out yesterday with a good OT workout, open house for the youngest kid, and some Chipotle. Busy evening, and another one tonight, but a good one!

Great shave this morning. Feeling like I should play with some of my other razors too…at some point 😂. 3 passes with the Essence. Finished up with a nice fresh, green, and aquatic combo. I never really got why Profumo is considered an aquatic. I’m coming around to seeing it…but only sort of. Regardless, a solid masculine frag.

Have a great Thursday all!

Back