The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

If you have to do something...

Shave #142 (516 Open Blade Shaves) of 2022:

Gear: Tedalus Essence, Feather Pro blade, Graydog Art Deco brush, Clown Puke tub soap, homemade witch hazel/aloe mix, Mandom AS, and Dior Homme Original to finish!

Bit of a sleep in; now up for church!

Smooth as buttah shave. Full 3 passes with the Essence. I’m beginning to overlook the razors minor flaws and really enjoy the skill and use of it. I’ve been holding off on giving my official review to the site, though Manuel (or his email bot) has sent multiple emails asking my experience. Do I think it’s worth full price? Still iffy on that; I don’t think I’ll ever be able to answer in the affirmative because it was a start up, limited run, for a small company…but I don’t think I’ll entirely say “no” either. But it is without a doubt the go-to replaceable open blade razor.

Picking up a spot of joe on the way. Later some grocery shopping to do, but otherwise a chill day to close out the ever too short weekend.

Have a blessed Sunday all!

1000 straight shaves in the cadre. 1000 straight shaves. Lather up and do up another. 999 straight shaves in the cadre. Everyone!!! 999 straight shaves in the cadre. 999 straight shaves…..

Shave #143 (518 Open Blade Shaves) of 2022:

Gear: Tedalus Essence, Feather Pro blade, Yaqi Moka brush, CBL 3 Pines soap, homemade witch hazel/aloe mix, CBL Barba AST, and Azzaro Pour Homme to finish!

Booooo Monday! Woke up a bit before my alarm but was able to stay in bed with my eyes closed at least…in that weird, timeless delirium between sleep and fully awake.

Pretty good shave at least. A couple rough spots on the upper lip where there was some stubborn stubble. Battle damage thankfully wasn’t too bad. Finished up with a nice modern barbershop scent combo!

Today is my management-observed patient visit, to complete the checklist of things leading up to my review. Hoping for the best! The review will, hopefully, lead to a pay raise, which would be nice!

Have a great Monday all!

in that weird, timeless delirium between sleep and fully awake.
giphy-downsized-large.gif

A pay raise for the win! You got this!
Good luck my friend! I know you’ll do well!

I suggest get them a coffee mug though to be sure…..

View attachment 83862
Thanks for the encouragement friends! I was ready to go and had my 💩 together…but it got delayed to a different visit later in the week. You know those @NurseDave management types 🙄😜
😂 thankfully not! That would definitely put me in the “awake” category!
3 Pines??? Tell me more.
I can’t remember the full story, but I think it uses 3 different pine essential oils/resins/saps for its base. Very nice smell if you like that sappy/sticky pine tar smell. Somewhat reminiscent of Stirling Christmas Eve if you’ve tried that, but less sweet and powdery.

Back